** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - March 18 - March 24

15 hours ago, Torque said:

Albot is a top 100 player more or less, despite his current ranking. What I meant, obviously, was any good player can beat Federer now and in my opinion if you're a top 100 player then you're a good player - you can play tennis to a high standard and most likely what stops you getting to the highest echelons of the game is consistency but you don't need consistency to beat Federer in one match.

15 hours ago, Torque said:

Just ask Kokkinakis, Millman, Donskoy etc

Rankings? I dont care about rankings. In tennis what really matters is the form. Look at Andreescu, she’s the 24th but she’s playing now like a top 3. Monfils is the 18th but he’s playing like a top 5 (obviosuly any player in the top 20 has to be considered as a very good and dangerous player). Albot was in a W/L of 12/13 before playing against Federer. Anyway, take a look at the list of players who won against Federer in the last year. I only see top 15 players there with the only exception of Millman (the most surprising loss of Federer in his career, I think).
It’s interesting the other players you mentioned there, like Kokkinakis. That match was in Miami 1 year ago and Federer did Final in Indian Wells (a few days before that match) and Title in Rotterdam (played 1 month before Indian Wells), so you got there the reasons why Federer lost that match. About Donskoy that was like… in 2017? That is too far for me to give a reason of that match but I checked it and that was after winning the AO with a month of resting for him before that tournament.
My conclusions? Federer is still only beatable by the best players, not by any decent top 100 player with the “right mentality” if there are not especial circumstances. 

Im not involved in any bet today, i don't like anything so GL to everyone with their bets.

18 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Rankings? I dont care about rankings. In tennis what really matters is the form. Look at Andreescu, she’s the 24th but she’s playing now like a top 3. Monfils is the 18th but he’s playing like a top 5 (obviosuly any player in the top 20 has to be considered as a very good and dangerous player). Albot was in a W/L of 12/13 before playing against Federer. Anyway, take a look at the list of players who won against Federer in the last year. I only see top 15 players there with the only exception of Millman (the most surprising loss of Federer in his career, I think).
It’s interesting the other players you mentioned there, like Kokkinakis. That match was in Miami 1 year ago and Federer did Final in Indian Wells (a few days before that match) and Title in Rotterdam (played 1 month before Indian Wells), so you got there the reasons why Federer lost that match. About Donskoy that was like… in 2017? That is too far for me to give a reason of that match but I checked it and that was after winning the AO with a month of resting for him before that tournament.
My conclusions? Federer is still only beatable by the best players, not by any decent top 100 player with the “right mentality” if there are not especial circumstances. 

Im not involved in any bet today, i don't like anything so GL to everyone with their bets.

I mentioned rankings only as they give an indication of ability. In fact I'm on record here a year or two ago as saying that I think rankings are more a measure of consistency than ability. I agree with you that form is definitely important. Looking back on what I wrote I should have been more specific - if you are ranked in the top 100 and your form is good then you should have a chance against Federer now because he's definitely vulnerable. I'd argue that the way a lot of his matches have gone this season backs up my opinion.