** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - March 11 - March 17

Personally i think that Raonic and Monfils will win. Kecmanovic looks good but the opponents he had can't be compared with the opponent that will face now. It's true that Raonic could have been eliminated by Giron but he finally survived that match and i can't see him playing as bad as he did against Giron. Monfils is not the same Monfils, he is playing with a regularity that i have never seen in him before so i can say that he's in the best form of his career. Im not impressed with what Thiem have done till here. He was disappointing in the AO and in the south american tour. I think that he's still here because he faced the right opponents but Monfils will dominate him if he doesn't improve for this game.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

Miomir Kecmanovic will break top 100 for the first time with the quarterfinal in IW. And I don't think he will stop at rank no.90 with his talent.

i agree...he's a talented player with big wins as junior. he's good from the groundstroke and his forehand can be a weapon. it was great to see how he was running for any ball against djere, but today its completly different kind of game. he will get in trouble with his returns especially against good servers like raonic and it will be hard enough to hold his serve but it will be harder to get any break points here.

5 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Hubert Hurkacz to beat (+4.5) Roger Federer at 2.17 with Unibet

@money44 I agree that Hubert is producing right now so I'm taking him on the handicap.

Also , I seen some video from the match vs Edmund... It looks like Kyle is playing very poorly, and you can see it in the scoreline also.. Muguruza didn't play super bad(similar scores).. just outclassed by a player with better technique in Andreescu 

I know it is easy to talk after a match was already played... For the moment, Hurkacz doesn't possess the weapons to beat Federer, and he must keep his first serve percentage quite high to have a chance. Well, that did not materialize today, the only slight opportunities arose when Roger kind of fell asleep for half minutes. Despite the fact 110 looks a bit far away, after reaching the 100 trophy milestone, the GOAT will try to make the most of every chance if he reaches the later stages of a tournament, so I would rather back than lay him this weekend. Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Not that I have any bets, but I'd like to mention that Nadal is carrying an injury and it looked like he wouldn't win the decider yesterday.

Yepp, and there is a big possibility for a walkover today.

Dominic Thiem to beat Milos Raonic at 2.35 with SportingBet

Raonic owns a 2-0 H2H record against Thiem (I'm including that silly exhibition game), however, these were both played in 2016. I think two factors here are crucial. Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, Raonic was very nearly knocked out by a player ranked just outside the top 200 and was also down a break in the 3rd. Struff also had his chances against Raonic but he mentally broke down. Secondly, Thiem has become a better player since 2016 and the fact that two players who love clay court (Thiem and Nadal) are in the SFs here suggest that this is one of the slower hard court surfaces (a point I made in another post I think). He also cruised past another big server in Karlovic earlier in the tournament, so he should not struggle with Raonic's serve.

I'm laying once more Kubot/Melo, this time against Mektic/Zeballos at 2.20 with Betfair. The latter eliminated reputable doubles this week, so should have a good chance against the 6th seeded team who managed to survive all the decisive Russian roulettes so far.

Angelique Kerber (-2.5) to beat Bianca V. Andreescu @1.90  Local bookie

I already wrote about Andreescu and some of you may have noticed that I bet on her on several occasions, but this time I will go against her, as situational factors are not on her side. I still consider the Canadian as the greatest surprise of the season, but I think she has played too many tennis lately and that her "tank is empty",really no fuel for the final. I watched her match against Svitolina. At the end of the match it seemed to me that she's going to almost start crying as tired as she was. Also this will be the most important match in her career so far and nerves and lack of experience will play a role for sure.
Kerber did have some difficulties in couple of rounds but then she raised her level of play against Venus and against Bencic. Unlike the opponent, she is fresh, she has played a lot of such matches and will know what to do.

Bianca Andreescu to beat (+3.5) Angelique Kerber at 1.85 with Unibet

Bianca is a complete package and she can shake around for a long time. She hasn't played all that mutch tennis lately either and could be strong enough to keep even steps with Angelique. I doubt Bianca is tired after beating Elina Svitolina after having a days rest so I think Bianca on the handicap is the call here.

Edited by four-leaf

Mikhail Kukushkin to beat Matteo Berrettini at 1.92 with Unibet

Mikhail is defending his 125 points in Phoenix from last years challenger title in Irving and I see him as the mutch more complete hardcourt player and this is a rematch of last years final from Irving and I strongly belive Mikhail will win this time also. Mikhail is in better form and the better hardcourt player of these two so I'm sticking with Mikhail.

Ricardas Berankis/Yannick Maden over 2.5 sets at 2.43 with Unibet

I highly doubt Ricardas will win this in straight sets with all his ups and downs he's going through in matches. Yannick is a difficult player who already has reached two challenger finals on indoor hardcourt both times in Mouilleron Le Captif which he lost in straight sets to Elias Ymer. Ricardas may have beaten Elias in straight sets earlier on indoor hard this season but it certainly doesn't mean he will win this in straight sets. I we'll see Yannick being hard to break down this time in his third challenger final. He won't give up so easily. Ricardas is to mutch of a favourite and not worth backing to win in straight sets.