** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - March 11 - March 17

1 minute ago, vvararu said:

@CzechPunter @darko08 @four-leaf @money44 and others. What are your thoughts guys on Muguruza - Andreescu? I’d like to load on Mugu but I need other opinions as well. Don’t wanna be emotional trying to play against Andreescu, who made me lose many times or pro Muguruza, who also made me lose many times :)

Don't be so sure Muguruza will win. Until I see some great form from Garbine I'm not gonna be throwing loads of cash on her.

1 minute ago, four-leaf said:

Don't be so sure Muguruza will win. Until I see some great form from Garbine I'm not gonna be throwing loads of cash on her.

I agree with you. I still see big quality gap between them. However, after so many disappointments I wanted to see other opinions.

5 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

By the way, I’m still waiting a top player to beat Andreescu like a child. :) Probably that’s my personal revenge. Maybe Muguruza will do the job. Let’s see.

Belinda Bencic to beat Karolina Pliskova at 1.91 with Unibet

This match is completely even according to bookies but I don't agree about that. Belinda is in some good form right now and should be regarded as heavier favourite here. We've seen enough of Belinda to throw loads of cash on her and I will do just that.

Gael Monfils to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber at 1.42 with Unibet

Gael is 13-2 in this matchup and the only places where Philipp has beaten Gael is in Germany and last time I checked Indian Wells is not in Germany. Philipp is on fire right now but so is Gael after winning Rotterdam and reaching the Dubai semi. Pretty good tennis from Gael nowadays and whatever he does now it works for him so I think we'll see Gael coming through this.

Jan-Lennard Struff to beat Milos Raonic at 3.00 with Unibet

J-LS came over a huge mental barrier last match and beat his compatriot Sascha Zverev in straight sets. Will we then see a letdown for J-LS becacuse of that in his next match? No I don't think so! They met in Dubai not too long ago this season and J-LS won in three sets then. Milos wasn't impressive in his last match versus Marcos Giron and if he'll deliver the same stuff again he'll be in danger to lose this.

39 minutes ago, vvararu said:

@CzechPunter @darko08 @four-leaf @money44 and others. What are your thoughts guys on Muguruza - Andreescu? I’d like to load on Mugu but I need other opinions as well. Don’t wanna be emotional trying to play against Andreescu, who made me lose many times or pro Muguruza, who also made me lose many times :)

I really don't have opinion on it.. I took Bertens to beat Garbine last time... I also had Andreescu to win.. The only advice i can say .. You can't really bet against Muguruza right now because she is very motivated at the moment, and the conditions at Indian Wells suit her nicely.. She can even win the tournament but I don't trust her. She let me down too many times.  I don't care much for her playing style, and I think she needs better coaching because its clear how much talent she had for a long time. 

@four-leaf interesting you are on Bencic. I am curious if she's going to win Indian Wells also.. right now her form is impeccable it would seem.. I wonder if her fitness will slip, but she has the best baseline game of all the remaining players I feel.  The problem I see is that Pliskova is one of the other top contenders in the field in her next match.. 

I see the title contenders as Bencic, Pliskova, Kerber, and Muguruza.

Why are so many people here on Struff? He's not a player to trust. Often he lost a match, after big wins. The match against Berankis was ok but not special and zverev had a cold so he wasnt at 100%. Struff lost in Rotterdam quali against a guy named Ryan Nijboer, actually 507 ranked. and that was only three weeks ago...

Raonic has a pretty good record at IW and reached final once and semifinal twice. Yeah, it was close against Giron but the season tof the american ill now is remarkable and he is in good shape. 

Edited by Lorenzi Musetti

53 minutes ago, Lorenzi Musetti said:

Why are so many people here on Struff? He's not a player to trust. Often he lost a match, after big wins. The match against Berankis was ok but not special and zverev had a cold so he wasnt at 100%. Struff lost in Rotterdam quali against a guy named Ryan Nijboer, actually 507 ranked. and that was only three weeks ago...

Raonic has a pretty good record at IW and reached final once and semifinal twice. Yeah, it was close against Giron but the season tof the american ill now is remarkable and he is in good shape. 

Yeah well that is a risk I've taken. Milos could easily beat J-LS if he has a good day but that Milos from AO could turn up and be unimpressive.

Edit: And not many people here are on J-LS, it's only me what I can see...

Edited by four-leaf

Vondrousova to beat Svitolina @ 2.52 with Pinnacle - 10 units

I will grade some of the other results when the tournament is finished. We can see that Marketa is playing out of her mind in a couple of matches.. Svitolina has played well and tough competition, but she is very worn down.. This is the time where Marketa stops Svitolina right in her tracks, and advances to the semi-finals. I have serious concerns about Svitolina's fitness the past couple matches. 

1 minute ago, darko08 said:

@vvararu i did bet Andreescu to beat Wang and Kiki to beat Muguruza. Muguruza finally won against Kiki. I don't know what to expect now in this match between Mugu and Andreescu:\

Me neither, however, I’ve bet on Muguruza hoping that her class and experience will prevail over Andreescu’s power. Not sure why odds on Mugu have increased. Will see in a hour :)

8 hours ago, South_African_Punter said:

Just put a small amount on Hurcakz at beginning of TB @2.50 or so. He's playing really well. I'm impressed with the young lad.

Placed mine after Shapovalov won the 2nd set and got a decent return.

Osaka, Kvitova, Sabalenka, Halep, Svitolina...I think today Mrs. Bencic will eat the next Top10 player this year. She is on fire and if she's is not overplayed or tired she will win against Pliskova, who dropped a set against Doi and Kontaveit. The Czech played a pretty good season and got good record in IW as well.

Raonic will destroy Kecmanovic today and the other two matches pretty 50/50.

Dominic Thiem to beat Gael Monfils @ 2.25 with SportingBet

So I believe the price is clearly based on Monfils' recent excellent form, however, I still regard this game as a 50/50. Furthermore, Thiem owns the H2H 4-1 (and not all matches have been on clay). So I will take what I think is the value play here, and pick Thiem.

24 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

@Lorenzi Musetti why will Raonic destroy Kecmanovic today? I think you're underestimating the junior a little bit.

If Raonic serves normally and not like yesterday i dont bet any cent on the return of kecmanovic. i think his return is too weak to win against guys like raonic. for example giron. another good server, he lost against him in the quali. or torpegaard in cleveland. raonic in brisbane. he did not even got one break point in the whole match. ok, the surface is faster than in IW. and you maybe you are right, raonic is not in best shape because his first serve stats could be better (1stIn: struff: 54.1 % querrey 46.8%). but i just can not imgagine that kecmanovic got any chance here.

1 hour ago, Lorenzi Musetti said:

If Raonic serves normally and not like yesterday i dont bet any cent on the return of kecmanovic. i think his return is too weak to win against guys like raonic. for example giron. another good server, he lost against him in the quali. or torpegaard in cleveland. raonic in brisbane. he did not even got one break point in the whole match. ok, the surface is faster than in IW. and you maybe you are right, raonic is not in best shape because his first serve stats could be better (1stIn: struff: 54.1 % querrey 46.8%). but i just can not imgagine that kecmanovic got any chance here.

We'll Miomir is constantly improving and you talk about him as if he was the worst player ever. That Milos will destroy him is a bit unlikely but he should win. By destroy you mean Milos will win by 6-0 6-0 or what?

I say Miomir Kecmanovic to beat (+3.5) Milos Raonic at 2.17 with Unibet

Ryan Harrison to beat Lorenzi Sonego at 1.77 with Unibet

If Ryan had been ranked around 60 like he was in October last season he would have been a bigger fav here but now we're getting 1.77 on Ryan because he's 104 but I think it's quite likely he will win this match so 1.77 is very good and should be taken. The courts in Phoenix is pretty fast like in it's predecessor Irving, Texas and it ofcourse suits Ryans game a lot better than Lorenzis.

Guido Andreozzi to beat Tatsuma Ito at 2.00 with Unibet

Guido played some good tennis in IW and although these courts don't suit him I think he still has the upper hand in this match and he should be treated like he's a top 100 player and not 150 like Tatsuma.

Parlay at 10.68 with Unibet

Ryan Harrison to beat (-1.5 sets) Lorenzo Sonego at 2.95

Like I've said it's likely Ryan wins this so why not in straight sets.

Guido Andreozzi to beat Tatsuma Ito at 2.00

Casper Ruud to beat (+4.5) David Goffin at 1.81

I think David is rather overrated nowadays. He may be the top seed of Phoenix but he's got lots of work to do before he gets back to his best.