** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Feb 9th - 11th

Fulham - Manchester Utd
Manchester Utd(1.64) :ok3-0 FT

Crystal Palace - West Ham
Draw(3.45:ok) 1-1 FT

Huddersfield Town - Arsenal
Arsenal(1.63) :ok0-2 FT

Liverpool - Bournemouth
Liverpool(1.22) :ok3-0FT

Southampton - Cardiff City
Southampton(1.75) :@1-0FT

Watford - Everton
Everton(3.20):@ 0-2FT

Brighton - Burnley
Brighton(2.08) :@2-1FT

Tottenham - Leicester City
Tottenham(1.68):ok 2-1FT

Manchester City - Chelsea
Manchester City(1.52):ok 3-0 FT

Wolves - Newcastle Utd
Wolves(1.74) 2-1FT

Edited by Gedkip
Updated

Crystal Palace V West Ham Utd

Both teams to score @ 1.8 Betfair

Over 2.5 goals @ 2.02 Matchbook

I see this game being quite unpredictable and I do not like the match odds whatsoever.

I do think it could be quite an entertaining encounter and perhaps this is one of the rare occasions where we will see goals at Selhurst park.

Palace have been looking more confident in recent games, all their centre-forwards have now returned from injury while the loan signing of Batshuayi adds bite to the attack. Zaha also returns from suspension here. The spirit level of Palace is good at the moment and they can cause that West Ham defence some problems.

West Ham on the other hand have some dangerous players that can score out of nowhere such as Anderson and Antonio. They will fancy their chances of breaching the Palace defence, especially with the return of Arnautovic for this game.

I expect a high octane encounter between London rivals with lots of flair and quality on display.

Southampton vs Cardiff

It's another big test for Cardiff this weekend as they travel to fellow relegation battlers Southampton for this epic encounter that kicks off at the St Mary's Stadium at 3pm this Saturday afternoon. Can the Bluebirds continue this run of positive performances against a rejuvenated Saints side?

Southampton were looking in deep trouble earlier this season. The sacking of Mark Hughes undid what was a big mistake in the first place (granted, he kept them up last season but most managers would have!) and the appointment of Ralph Hasenhuttl has really turned things around. The club is now in 16th place, 2 points outside the relegation zone, and on a 5 match unbeaten run in the league.

Cardiff pulled off a brilliant performance against Arsenal the other week but were denied getting something from the game but made up for it with a convincing 2-0 win at home against Bournemouth in an emotional game last weekend. That win ended a run of four league games without a win and allowed the club to pull themselves back up to the pack just outside the relegation zone. A win here would take Neil Warnock's side out of the bottom three.

The home and away form of both clubs offers some clues as to what we should be backing here. Southampton have only lost 4 of their 12 home league games this season. The only issue is that they've drawn 50% of those matches. Hard to beat but struggle to pick up wins on home turf. Hasenhuttl appears to have slightly addressed the issue with the club winning 2, drawing 1, and losing 2 of their home league matches under his reign but it's a problem not completely solved.

On the flip side, Cardiff have an atrocious away record. The club has only taken points on the road on three occasions from their 12 away league games so far. The three teams they managed that against? Huddersfield, Leicester, and Crystal Palace. Southampton are the sort of team they've played well on the road against so all is not lost.

Cardiff won the previous match between these two clubs this season in what was Hasenhuttl's first game in charge of the Saints. He had experienced little time with the players and the Southampton he's in charge of now are a much improved unit. I can see Cardiff giving this a real go but ultimately I think we'll come up against a Southampton team in the ascendancy that won't get relegated and will have too much for us on the day.

Southampton to Win @ 1.80 with Blacktype

BTTS @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, and @AndreBR, what bets are you all liking this weekend in the Premier League?

@StevieDay1983 I'm a bit surprised you don't back your team a bit more in this one.  Saints are in my opinion massively underpriced for this one, and on the prices I wanted to give Cardiff a shot.  

Yes I know Cardiff are poor away, but I don't think that justifies Southampton's price being as short as it is. Saints have improved but they do draw a lot, and have drawn their last two against other relegation threatened teams.  I'd have Southampton above evens for this, and couldn't touch them at around 1.8. 

Cardiff +1 is at 2.15 (bet365) and i'm going to put a small stake on that.

1 minute ago, thfc said:

@StevieDay1983 I'm a bit surprised you don't back your team a bit more in this one.  Saints are in my opinion massively underpriced for this one, and on the prices I wanted to give Cardiff a shot.  

Yes I know Cardiff are poor away, but I don't think that justifies Southampton's price being as short as it is. Saints have improved but they do draw a lot, and have drawn their last two against other relegation threatened teams.  I'd have Southampton above evens for this, and couldn't touch them at around 1.8. 

Cardiff +1 is at 2.15 (bet365) and i'm going to put a small stake on that.

I'm getting worried at how positive you're being about Cardiff lately, @thfc! You're clearly not a Cardiff fan! :lol

Don't get me wrong, I go into every Cardiff game honestly believing we can get something from the game. No matter who we are playing. I've tried to remain as neutral as possible when previewing our games on here though. Our record against our relegation rivals is mixed this season. Generally, we've not performed great. The Fulham home game was probably our stand-out performance. We seem to perform best against the mid-table sides. I just think after we beat them at home they'll be more prepared this time. I think last Saturday was such an emotional game on top of the past few weeks that we'll hit a massive come down sooner or later.

Hate to say it, but Arsenal are going to get some of my money this week!  1.64 against Huddersfield is bigger than I thought they would be- Man U are the same price at Fulham, and spurs are only slightly bigger to beat Leicester at home.  Of those 3 prices, I think Arsenal have the best chance of winning their match.  I'd have them around 1.5 so I see some small value in their price.

I know Arsenal are not the best away from home, but Huddersfield seem to have given up, and if Arsenal can't win this one then they really are going to pick up some stick! 

1 minute ago, thfc said:

Hate to say it, but Arsenal are going to get some of my money this week!  1.64 against Huddersfield is bigger than I thought they would be- Man U are the same price at Fulham, and spurs are only slightly bigger to beat Leicester at home.  Of those 3 prices, I think Arsenal have the best chance of winning their match.  I'd have them around 1.5 so I see some small value in their price.

I know Arsenal are not the best away from home, but Huddersfield seem to have given up, and if Arsenal can't win this one then they really are going to pick up some stick! 

Yeah. It's why I'm amazed they parted company with Wagner. I felt that he still had the backing of the players. If they'd have gone down but stuck with him they might have followed Burnley's route when they kept Sean Dyche. I just think this new bloke has come in and the players just don't give a shit.

2 minutes ago, thfc said:

@StevieDay1983 I'm not pro Cardiff, just going with them based on the prices.  Other than when they play Huddersfield, Southampton shouldn't be odds on to anyone in the PL at the moment in my view so have to take them on.

Nobody is mate! No offence taken! :lol

Yeah, I think the next month will be interesting to see how Southampton progress under Hasenhuttl. I had expected them to do more in the transfer window.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Cardiff City have scored 41% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
70% of Brighton & Hove's points have been earned at home in Premier League.
Burnley have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Premier League.
Fulham have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches.
Manchester Utd have been undefeated in their last 8 matches.
Huddersfield have failed to win in their last 12 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 145 Football Betting Streaks for 09.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-02-2019-13389

I expect both Arsenal and Manchester United winning their matches. I've been always a bit doubtful about "old fashion" coaches and even though he made some big things in EPL, or maybe even the biggest, I think that he won't save Fulham. Well, actually I think that he was a pretty wrong choice for Fulham, but well...

Is anyone here close to Fulham? How are training sessions etc.? Because I think they have a pretty decent squad... 

Edited by Pep004

Fulham FC v Manchester United

Fulham FC: Timothy Fosu-Mensah (9/0 d, loan from Manchester United), Alfie Mawson (13/0 d), Marcus Bettinelli (7/0 g)

Manchester United: Matteo Darmian (5/0 d), Luis Antonio Valencia (5/0 d), Marcos Rojo (2/0 d)

Crystal Palace v West Ham

Crystal Palace: James Tomkins (22/1 d), Julian Speroni (1/0 g), Cheikhou Kouyate (21/0 m), Pape Souare (1/0 d)

West Ham: Samir Nasri (2/0 m), Fabian Balbuena (17/1 d), Winston Reid (0/0 d), Andriy Yarmolenko (9/2 f), Jack Wilshere (5/0 m), Carlos Sanchez (5/0 m), Manuel Lanzini (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Manchester City vs Chelsea

Undoubtedly, the biggest game of the weekend comes at the Etihad Stadium in a 4pm kick-off this Sunday when title challenging Manchester City play Champions League qualification hunting Chelsea. The title race and battle for the top four will take a serious twist or turn here.

Manchester City are doing what they do best under Pep Guardiola and that's getting down to the nitty gritty business of getting results on the board. The uncharacteristic poor run of 3 losses in 4 league games seems a distant memory now. Bar the strange blip against Newcastle a few weeks back it's normal service resumed with the Citizens picking up 18 points from their last possible 21 on offer. The club stands top of the league table but second placed Liverpool are level on points and do have that game in hand.

Chelsea are more on and off than Tony Adams and Caprice were in the 90s. Maurizio Sarri has come under fire for not playing players in their best positions and results have been patchy. The Blues are in 4th place and just 2 points ahead of 5th placed Manchester United in the table. Just 2 wins in their last 5 league games is a problem. Not helped by rumours that Eden Hazard has told team mates he's off to Real Madrid in the summer if a bid comes in.

The key for me here is City's impressive home record having won 12 of their 13 matches at home in the league. It's a good foundation for City who play a Chelsea side that are a bit of a bogey side. After all, City have lost 25 Premier League matches against the Blues. That's more defeats than against any other side they've faced in the top flight. Guardiola has also lost more league games against Chelsea as City manager than against any other club.

It's the third time these two teams will meet this season. The Community Shield match was won by City with a 2-0 score-line. Chelsea won the reverse of this fixture in the league back in December by a 2-0 score. The sides will also meet in the EFL Cup Final in a couple of weeks. It's non-stop for these clubs!

A significant statistics is Chelsea's awful away form. If Sarri's side lose here then it will equal their worst ever Premier League run of failing to score in three consecutive away league games. This was achieved in December 1992 to January 1993 and April 2002. The club has also failed to win against established top six sides in their last six away encounters.

I'm backing City to get the win here. It's clear that the squeaky bum time is approaching (bless you Sir Alex Ferguson!) and Guardiola knows what this is all about. Personally, I think Liverpool could start to falter when the rigours of the Champions League return. Until then, City are just going to keep applying that pressure with wins in games like this.

BTTS @ 1.80 with Sportingbet

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.30 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, I don't know whether I'm coming or going with this Zaha news! Is he, isn't he? I've not been this confused since the season finale of Lost!

Several favorites today include the Premier League program and starts with Manchester United's double at Fulham headquarters. The match is not easy for the team of Solkier, but with the forum he can find a way for another three-pointer in the championship
FULHAM FC vs MANCHESTER UNITED @@ MANCHESTER UNITED, odds 1.62

Hahaha, that's so bizarre. One of my old football team mates literally used that video in a joke he made in our team Whatsapp group this past week!

What is even stranger is that because I read your post late last night I actually had Wilfried Zaha make a cameo in my dreams last night. Like the native red Indian in Wayne's World. He didn't say anything. He just stood there. Luckily, not half naked. I'm not sure what he wanted but I feel like he was trying to send me a message. A message to back him as an anytime scorer.

1 hour ago, Mindfulness said:

Sounds just like his time at Cardiff.

Yeah, the only difference is he didn't tell me to get f*cked during the middle of a game in my dream!

@sajtion, this level of expectation for Cardiff to get something from a game unsettles me. It needs to stop. Even my brother, the serial pessimist says he's backing a 0-0 draw. I can't see that personally but I would definitely take a draw!

Chelsea have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
33% of Tottenham's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
35% of Leicester City's conceded goals occurred in the first 15 minutes in Premier League.

You can find interesting 92 Football Betting Streaks for 10.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-02-2019-13392

Now that Manchester City does not want to leave it and have a game more than Liverpool after the current derby with Chelsea. Pep Guardiola's team wants to "build" a winning streak to win the championship this season, so there's no room for Chelsea. However, if a bet is worth over 2.5 goals
MANCHESTER CITY vs CHELSEA FC @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.62

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, thfc said:

@StevieDay1983 I'm not pro Cardiff, just going with them based on the prices.  Other than when they play Huddersfield, Southampton shouldn't be odds on to anyone in the PL at the moment in my view so have to take them on.

@StevieDay1983Suspect you don't mind being on the wrong end of your prediction in this one!

Cardiff have a fighting chance of survival now, I wouldn't know who to pick at the moment to fill the third relegation spot.   

73% of Wolverhampton's goals have been scored in the second half in Premier League.
Wolverhampton have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
33% of Newcastle Utd's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Wolverhampton have scored 39% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 46 Football Betting Streaks for 11.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-02-2019-13404

On 2/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, thfc said:

@StevieDay1983Suspect you don't mind being on the wrong end of your prediction in this one!

Cardiff have a fighting chance of survival now, I wouldn't know who to pick at the moment to fill the third relegation spot.   

Absolutely buzzing mate! Apologies to all of you that were less pessimistic than me! Warnock has made the changes the fans have been calling for over recent games and our performance levels have improved so much. Dare I say the players are also determined to succeed for Sala. The signing of Niasse has been revolutionary too. Allowed Paterson to move out wide and Reid to focus more on his attacking game. Camarasa returning from injury is a boost too. He's been quality this season. If we can keep this run going and try to get as close to the magic 40 points as soon as possible.