** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 8th - 10th

Aston Villa vs Sheffield United

Yes, that's right, I'm going against what a number of you have said on here... I'm betting on an Aston Villa game! Hell yeah! It's Aston Villa versus Sheffield United at Villa Park in the Friday night game for the Championship with kick-off at 7:45pm. Bring it on!

Aston Villa were a team I thought would really push on under the new reign of Dean Smith after things clearly got stale under former gaffer Steve Bruce. Unfortunately, Smith hasn't quite figured out what his best system is yet. The Villains are 9th in the table so there has been progress but consistency is the issue. 2 wins, 4 draws, and 1 defeat for the club over their last 7 league matches sums it up.

Sheffield United are really giving automatic promotion a go this season. Chris Wilder is working miracles at the Yorkshire club. The club is 3rd in the table and just 3 points off the top two. As teams around them have slipped up, the Blades have won 5 of their last 7 league games to keep the pressure on their rivals.

The big problem for Villa is that Jack Grealish is still out injured. It's also a concern that the club won their first three home games under Smith but have since managed just 1 victory in their last 6 at home. That was a scrappy 2-1 win against the struggling Ipswich. On the plus side, they are unbeaten in their last 11 home games against United. Villa Park is also a beloved home for striker Tammy Abraham who has now scored 12 in his last 7 home league matches.

I'm not sure how this game will go if I'm honest but everything seems to be pointing towards a draw. Villa are severely weakened when Grealish isn't at the centre of their creative play. United are also a dogged team this season that will punish wasted possession. I'm swaying between victors here so I'm going to sit on the fence but I think we could see a few goals.

Draw @ 3.58 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.62 with William Hill

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, are you guys betting on the Championship matches this weekend? Do you agree with my tips for this game?

Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd

Aston Villa: James Chester (28/5 d, doubtful), Andre Green (1/0 f), Jack Grealish (21/2 m), Henri Lansbury (1/0 m), Axel Tuanzebe (19/0 d), Orjan Nyland (23/0 first goalkeeper)

Sheffield Utd: Scott Hogan (0/0 f, loan from Aston Villa)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Millwall conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 13 away matches in Championship.
43% of Blackburn's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Bristol City have won their last 5 matches in Championship.
Sheffield Wed have scored in 93% of their home matches in Championship.
Reading have failed to win in their last 11 away matches in Championship.
69% of Bristol City's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.

You can find interesting 145 Football Betting Streaks for 09.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-02-2019-13389

Blackburn vs Bristol City

Two teams that have been in decent recent form go head-to-head this Saturday in a 3pm kick-off when mid-table Blackburn host play-off chasing Bristol City at Ewood Park. Can the away side extend their unbeaten run or will the home team bounce straight back after a defeat last weekend?

Blackburn are progressing well this season. I'm not sure even the most optimistic Rovers fan would have predicted they'd be 11th and just 4 points off the play-offs. Tony Mowbray continues to do a good job there but last weekend saw a 5-2 loss away to Brentford after a run of four wins where just 1 goal was conceded.

As good as Rovers have been lately before last weekend's defeat, it's Bristol City that are the in-form team in the Championship. Lee Johnson's men are now on a run of 5 consecutive wins in the league with just 1 goal conceded. It's a streak that has helped to build an undefeated spell of 11 league games with the club moving to 6th place in the league.

The big blow for Blackburn is influential defender Darragh Lenihan being ruled out injured for this game. On the plus side, Charlie Mulgrew could make a return to action. City are set to remain unchanged meaning former Blackburn loan star Kasey Palmer will remain on the bench against his former club.

I'm going to have to back City to get something here. I'm not entirely sure they can get the win but it's worth backing a draw no bet. I think Blackburn's defensive changes might leave them susceptible. I can't see many goals being scored so will back a low-scoring affair.

Bristol City Draw No Bet @ 2.06 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Betdaq

@waynecoyne, did you watch that game? Absolute scenes!

12 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

hi @StevieDay1983

watched with a mate who supports the wrong team

conversation went something like:

what do you think of wilder? can't stand him

what do you think of billy sharp? hate him but his mrs has big tits I've heard

did 3-2 either way so was happy with 2 mins to go but didn't work out

:lol My mate's dad was a director at Scunthorpe when Sharp was playing there. By all accounts, a really pleasant bloke. Appreciate the rivalry aspect though. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinks the sun shines out of Lee Trundle's arse. As a Cardiff fan, I can't help but have an irrational hatred for the bell end!

Anyway, here's my final Championship preview...

Norwich vs Ipswich

Ah yes, the sweet smell of the East Anglian derby. Norwich versus Ipswich in a midday kick-off this coming Sunday at Carrow Road. Norfolk versus Suffolk. Automatic promotion contenders versus relegation certainties. It's money in the bank, right? Or is it?! Bloody derby matches!

Norwich are loving life at the top of the Championship right now. Daniel Farke's side will be praising Aston Villa's incredible comeback tonight to deny Sheffield United the chance to move top of the table at their expense. It means the Canaries remain top on goal difference but everything could change with a poor result here.

Ipswich are basically planning for life in League One next season already. Paul Lambert has seemingly won the support of the fans but results are still hard to come by. The Tractor Boys have more fight in them now but they remain bottom of the table and 7 points adrift of safety. 6 defeats in their last 7 league games hasn't helped that predicament. Hope is fading fast. January transfer activity had hoped to inject some positive results but there's been no such transformation.

The Canaries haven't lost against Ipswich in 9 meetings between the two clubs in the league. The last time Ipswich fans tasted victory in this league fixture was back in April 2009. That's nearly a decade ago! The last victory for Ipswich at Carrow Road was even longer ago in February 2006! That's a bit of a dry spell!

Statistics don't get any better for Ipswich. Norwich have the 3rd best home record in the Championship behind only Leeds and Sheffield United. Ipswich have taken the fewest number of points away from their away matches this season. It's only 5 points if you want to know. You probably don't if you're an Ipswich fan. Lambert's side also haven't won in 9 away league games and have lost the last six.

It's a dark time to be an Ipswich fan but it's a a superb time to be alive if you're a Norwich fan. Is this one of those classic times when all the evidence points to a home win but the away side throw the form book out of the window? I can't see it. Ipswich might fight to the death but Norwich should have too much for them.

Norwich -1 @ 2.10 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.91 with Betfred

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Norwich City have scored 39% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Ipswich Town conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
Norwich City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Ipswich Town have scored 61% of their goals in the first half in Championship.

You can find interesting 92 Football Betting Streaks for 10.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-02-2019-13392