** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > February 2nd

Darran

January was very up and down to say the least, but it was good to end it with a winner on Tuesday night especially as it got one over the Asian markets which is always pleasing especially after the last couple of bets I had opposed them on had been losers. No doubt the weather is going to get in the way this weekend so I won't go into too much detail as I doubt all these will go ahead, but there are 7 teams I like. 

Dover v Gateshead

Gateshead lost their leading striker to Chesterfield this week and they weren't happy as they are currently under a transfer embargo so they can't sign a replacement. They haven't won in 6 league games now and they travel to a Dover side who have lost just once in their last 10. Hopefully this game has a better chance than most of beating the weather given the location and Marathon's 6/4 looks a decent price on a home win.

Maidenhead v Dagenham & Redbridge

It is a bit of a love hate relationship with Dagenham at the moment as they cost us last week when conceding against a goal shy Aldershot. Even so they look overpriced at 9/5 with Bet365 to beat a Maidenhead who are going to struggle to stay up. Granted they were a bit unlucky to not get a point against Solihull in their last home game, but they then went to a Wrexham side on a poor run of form and managed just 1 shot in the whole game. Granted they will probably be a bit more attacking minded here, but the away side are value to pick up the 3 points.

Bradford Park Avenue v Leamington 

The only game BPA have not lost in their last 5 was when I tipped Blyth against them at a big price and Blyth missed an injury time penalty to win the game. Although the board claimed they do want promotion their actions spoke louder than words as they have let 3 of their best players leave and it seems they know they can't really sustain a club at National League level. They obviously wouldn't turn promotion down should they win it, but they would obviously prefer it if they stayed at this level. Granted Leamington were winning their first game in 10 on Saturday when they beat Altrincham 3-0, but that was a hell of a performance and they have drawn 6 of their last 10 games so it isn't like they are losing all the time. 11/4 with Bet365 on the away win looks more than fair.

Brightlingsea Regent v Whitehawk (Bostik Premier)

Backing Whitehawk didn't quite pay off last week as they had to come from 2 down, but they conceded after 3 minutes and that obviously always changes things when a team scores that earlier. The fact they fought back proves they are improving and although Brightlingsea have been on a strong run of form I think the away side are worth a small bet at a big price.

Bishops Stortford v Merstham (Bostik Premier)

The away side are now unbeaten in 10 league games after beating Worthing on Wednesday night. It isn't as if they have had an easy run of fixtures either as they have played plenty of the teams around them at the top of the table including the top 2 teams. The home team have lost 6 of their last 8 and the two wins were against teams in the bottom 4. 6/4 looks a big price on an away win.

Hartley Wintney v Wimborne Town (Evo-Stik Southern Prem South)

The away side are on an impressive run of form losing just once in their last 9 league games including drawing with top of the table Taunton last Saturday and beating 3rd place Met Police 3-0 on Tuesday night. The home side have won just once in their last 7 games and an away win is attractively priced.

Harrogate v Stockport (FA Trophy)

This game is almost certain to go ahead as Harrogate play on a 3G pitch and I fancy there could be an upset. Both are going well in their respective leagues, but I think Stockport are more than capable of winning this. I don't think there is as much between these two sides as the prices suggest and at nearly 4/1 Stockport are a value play.

Dover 2pts @ 6/4 with Marathon

Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 9/5 with Bet365

Leamington 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet365

Whitehawk 1pt @ 103/20 with Marathon

Merstham 2pts @ 6/4 with Marathon

Wimborne Town 2.5pts @ 83/50 with Marathon

Stockport 1pt @ 39/10 with Marathon

Fingers crossed but I think the majority of games below League 1 will probably be called off as they always do now due to transport safety. I really don't like betting in games where the pitch is in poor nick as it matters much less the quality of the side and instead boils down to luck or hunger. Unfortunately may have to limit punting to the higher leagues this weekend

5 hours ago, Johnmccain said:

Fingers crossed but I think the majority of games below League 1 will probably be called off as they always do now due to transport safety. I really don't like betting in games where the pitch is in poor nick as it matters much less the quality of the side and instead boils down to luck or hunger. Unfortunately may have to limit punting to the higher leagues this weekend

Some pitches appear in fairly decent nick if they don't have any snow on them and to be fair it's not unusual for Non-League pitches to not be in great shape at this time of year. 

59 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

@Darran

What are your thoughts on Carshalton at home to Barnet in the FA Trophy today? Barnet to be distracted by FA Cup replay on Tuesday? Carshalton price too generous or correct value?

It will be interesting to see what team Barnet put out but the Trophy is a great chance for them to get to Wembley so I would be surprised if they didn't put a strong team out. I can see why the home side have nibbled in the betting though as can understand why people might want to take a chance.

From what I can tell the two Bostik Prem matches are still on. Dover has been given the go ahead and although some games on 3g pitches have been called off the Harrogate game is still on.

There are 3 games still left on in the National League South and I fancy the 3 home sides. Concord have drawn a lot lately but as I have written before about them their home form is very strong and they ought to be beating a poor and out of form Dulwich side at home. Chelmsford host Hungerford and Hungerford's little good spell of form looks to be over. Truro look more than capable of beating an Eastbourne side who managed to lose to East Thurrock last week. It is a long old journey for them as well and Truro should be looking to make home advantage count.

The treble pays just over 5/1 and looks worth a punt with some of the money we have got back from the games that have been called off.

Chelmsford, Concord & Truro 1pt treble 5.18/1 with Betway