** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 1st & 2nd

can someone tell me why the odds on blackburn have gone up to 4.20. is there something the bookies know that we don't i though the way blackburn destroyed inform hull they would be at least even to win. this doesn't make sense.

i am definitely on nottingham forest to win. martin o neill has started to get the best of the squad and see them finding a way to three points

Preston vs Derby

The Championship fixtures kick-off on Friday night when lower mid-table Preston entertain play-off chasing Derby in this 7:45pm start at Deepdale. The home side come into this game off back-to-back wins but will the visitors simply have too much attacking strength for their opponents?

Preston are in 16th place and 12 points clear of the relegation zone. Survival is not sealed yet but it would take something quite dramatic to drag Alex Neil's side into the dogfight. North End can afford to let themselves believe that making a late push to gate crash the play-offs is not unrealistic seeing as they are only 10 points off the top six pace. That gap could be reduced to 7 points by tomorrow night.

Derby have won many plaudits for their adventurous play under Frank Lampard but they remain unable to build a consistent run of positive results together. The inexperience of youth is their adversary but it feels that the Rams certainly have enough in their armoury to make a decent effort for the play-offs. The club is sat in 6th place but they are just 2 points within the play-off positions.

It's easy to see why the bookies are not offering low odds on Derby to win here. Preston have been playing well lately and have only lost 3 of their 14 home league matches. You can add in the fact that Derby have only won 6 of their 14 away matches. It feels like Derby will need to be at their best to get the win here.

I think the odds being offered mean Derby have to be backed for at least a draw. The win is a very attractive price though. If you look at their attacking talents then I'm not sure Preston's back-line can cope with it. The signing of Ashley Cole is a shrewd move by Lampard. His experience and class will help his young side.

Yes, he's 38 years old. Yes, he's been plying his trade in the MLS for a few years. However, the media in LA constantly reported how they felt Cole was a stand-out player for the team and deserved to play for a better team. You have to say that the MLS is probably about lower-Premier League standard at its best and lower Championship/ top of League One at its worst. If Cole is standing out in that league then he should deliver at Championship level. I'm going to punt for a draw no bet here but I think we could see goals.

Derby Draw No Bet @ 2.31 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.73 with Betfair

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you all placing down for this weekend of games?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

33% of Preston's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Derby County conceded at least 1 goal in 93% of their away matches in Championship.
Preston conceded at least 1 goal in 86% of their home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 82 Football Betting Streaks for 01.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-02-2019-13297

can't back aston villa, their form is too erratic and don't seem to convincing.

i was initially tempted by bristol city but swansea has a habit of competing very well. i don't know if they really think they can push for playoffs. 

i was disappointed by hull lost last week but at home they have a chance to put that to one side and build strongly again. stoke have not impressed me so far. the new manager is trying to make them better but i just think their performances are up and down.it's hard to know what to expect but i don't see hull losing

millwall should come out fighting in this match. i know how rotherham can be difficult to shake off but if millwall scores early they will set the pace go on to win

i fancied wigan and qpr to win but they are playing sides who could definitely chip a point against them. the safest is probably double chance in an acca

Bristol City vs Swansea

It might be a game where over 80 miles separate the two teams but Bristol City versus Swansea at Ashton Gate this Saturday afternoon at 3pm is as close to a local derby as it really gets for these clubs tonight. Both teams are in decent form but had relatively quiet January transfer windows. Who will prevail victorious?

Bristol City are blowing hot and cold all season. Lee Johnson's team managed to bring in Chelsea midfielder Kasey Palmer on loan earlier in the month but other than that it's been all quiet on the arrivals front. Funding for the stadium expansion is clearly still taking a huge chunk out of the transfer kitty. The Robins are 7th in the table and just 2 points outside the play-offs. An unbeaten run of 10 league matches including winning their last four league games consisting of three clean sheets has aided this rise up the table.

Swansea continue to deceive the analysts. On paper, Graham Potter's side should really be struggling. A flood of departures including Lukasz Fabianski, Roque Mesa, Ki Sung-yueng, Kyle Bartley, Alfie Mawson, Jordi Amat, Sam Clucas, Federico Fernandez, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Wilfried Bony, Tom Carroll, and Jefferson Montero has left Potter with a skeleton squad. Yet he is still managing to keep them competitive. The Swans are in 11th place and just 5 points off the play-offs on an unbeaten run of 5 league games.

This will be a brutal encounter for both sides. There is a lot to gain here if they show the willingness to win. A draw or loss for either team could see them drift even further away from the play-off picture. However, both managers will be keen to keep their impressive unbeaten runs in tact.

I just think the atmosphere around Swansea now is quite toxic. There's an obvious outrage at the management of the club at board level. Potter is doing a fantastic job but the rumoured departure of Daniel James to Leeds that never materialised will likely have caused further discontent. The opposite can be said at Bristol City. They are starting to gain real momentum and you get the impression they're starting to believe they can sneak up this season through the play-offs.

I think Bristol City will keep the momentum in this game. I am wary that the Robins are ranked 21st in the home table and Swansea are 8th in the away table. I just think when Johnson gets his teams going they're hard to stop. If Potter doesn't keep a lid on things then Swansea might be in danger of free falling. For the time being, he's keeping them afloat but for how much longer?

Bristol City to Win @ 2.38 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.87 with MarathonBet

Leeds vs Norwich

Undoubtedly, one of the games of the weekend not only in the Championship but the entire English football schedule is the top-of-the-table clash between Leeds and Norwich. It kicks off at 5:30pm at Elland Road and a defeat here for either team could massively de-stabilise their automatic promotion hopes.

Leeds are still reeling after the "spy-gate" issue and the debacle that was the failed Daniel James transfer from Swansea on transfer deadline day. The big news for Marcelo Bielsa's side is that influential defender Pontus Jansson is back. The Whites can move 6 points clear at the top of the table with victory here.

Norwich will look to potentially give transfer deadline day signing Philip Heise who signed from Dynamo Dresden. The Canaries need a win here after just 1 victory in their last 6 league matches. A win would take them level with Leeds on points and potentially to the top of the table on goal difference. The motivation is there. Can Daniel Farke's side pull off a massive result?

Unfortunately, the stats are not in the favour of the Canaries. Norwich have failed to win all but one of their last 9 visits to Elland Road. The last taste of victory coming back in April, 2015. However, Leeds haven't completed a league double over Norwich since the 1980/81 season.

One key factor here is that Norwich have become a very decent travelling side. The club are unbeaten on their last 12 matches away from home in the league. Combine that with Leeds losing three of their last five which is as many games as they lost in their previous 25 games and you get the feeling something isn't quite right at the home team.

I'm not sure which way this will go so I'm going to be a little bit reluctant and back the draw. I don't think either side would be devastated by that outcome and they'll see it as a point gained rather than two points dropped. I think we could see a fair few goals as well.

Draw @ 3.80 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.67 with William Hill

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Brentford have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Championship.
Blackburn have won their last 4 matches in Championship.
Hull City have won their last 4 home matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in 86% of their away matches in Championship.
71% of Leeds Utd’s goals have been scored in the second half in Championship.

You can find interesting 144 Football Betting Streaks for 02.02.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-02-2019-13310

Sheffield Utd v Bolton Wanderers

Sheffield Utd: no absences

Bolton Wanderers: Marc Wilson (11/0 d), Ben Alnwick (25/0 first goalkeeper), Mark Beevers (19/2 d)(all doubtful), Joe Williams (0/0 g), Yanic Wildschut (16/2 f)

West Bromwich v Middlesbrough

West Bromwich: Ahmed Hegazi (24/1 d), Jay Rodriguez (28/14 f, top scorer), Gareth Barry (17/1 m)(all doubtful), Chris Brunt (23/1 m), James Morrison (15/0 m), Matt Phillips (22/5 m)

Middlesbrough: Sam McQueen (5/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Brentford - Blackburn Rovers

Looks obvious that Brentford is gonna lose this game today. They were awful in the FA cup this monday when they visited the Hive, their defense was just a joke and I don't see what can change about that for this game. Brentford is also relatively safe in the table so going forward will probably not be their biggest priority but that has to be Blackburns priority in this game as they are just 4 points away from Derby, so 3 points here for Blackburn and they are 1 point away from the playoffs and that's a big motivation. And they play a team they have defeated 4 times in a row, home and away in the Championship. I feel like there's this big opportunity for an away win here at very tasty odds.

Blackburn Rovers to win @ 4.15 with Unibet