** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - February 25 - March 3

24 minutes ago, Torque said:

Sometimes it's just not your day. Monfils loses two tie-breaks in a row after winning the first set and Coric is getting absolutely schooled by Federer :eyes

What a match.Possibly match of the year so far for me.Daniel Evans Vs Fed maybe 2nd AO in terms intensity-wise.

Was thinking about Kyrgios today, but I suppose that this is the worst time to back him for certain reasons. No big name on the other side of the net (for him), some fatigue after two long matches, and it's not even the finals yet. He's won the last five sets against Isner, interestingly, but this has all the makings of a letdown I suppose. It's hard to turn the reasoning around and back Isner though imo.

Somehow out of the 30+ units I risked on future events .. The only one I mistakenly cannot find a wager on is Yafan Wang .. the only player left with a chance.. I literally wagered on 15 different players including Wang .. and mysteriously I cannot find the pending bet slip in my account .. I remember clearly that it payed a good amount also 

The above post is a nightmare, and I can't say anything like this has ever happened to me, and it feels terrible. 

I ALSO HOPE THAT IT NEVER HAPPENS TO ANY ONE OF YOU GUYS.. I have been fishing on a future event for such a long time only to get stiffed by an error of not actually placing the wager, but as I've said .. i remember seeing this wager in my pending bets, and now it has disappeared conveniently

Edited by money44

11 hours ago, cluelessG said:

Including the last point - a bit of an anti-climax for me but Rodionova was bitterly disappointed

What happen in that last point  empire said out  of 1 serve in the middle of the point or it was  replay the point it ended of DF i guess it was very confusing.

Sofia Kenin (-2.0 Games) to beat Yafan Wang at 1.82 with Marathonbet

Both players are playing on their best surface but Kenin is better ranked and has played against tougher opponents. She has win here against Azarenka and Andreescu in her 2 previous rounds while Wang only has played against one real opponent here (Vekic). Wang has no WTA Titles so we don’t know how that can affect her. Kenin won her first WTA title in Hobart this year so probably she can deal with the pressure of playing a final better than Wang.

Stefanos Tsitsipas (+3.0 Games) to beat Roger Federer at 1.9 with Marathonbet

Too many hours on court for Tsitsipas and Federer has been playing better and better in each round but I will take the risk anyway because I think Federer is overrated.

Sofia Kenin to beat Yafan Wang at 1.67 with William Hill

Being in the finals without a title can do all sorts of strange things to players and Kenin is the better player of the two even without that, so I'm happy to back her at this price. Fair play to Wang for beating Vekic, but this should be even tougher and she could also lose outright by not being mentally ready for such a match.

50-115 +83.2 units

10 unit bet Norbert Gombos to beat Alexander Bublik @ odds 2.5 with 5dimes

I have seen videos of both players in Pau France.. Bublik is a promising young player.. I really like his style of play, and he's equipped with a massive serve potential.. These indoor courts are a bit on the slower side compared to Slovakia tournament that Bublik won last years final vs Rosol. I think this benefits Gombos because he looks more stable from the baseline, and I think his experience and aggression from the ground game will outclass Bublik. 

Edited by money44

5 hours ago, money44 said:

50-115 +83.2 units

10 unit bet Norbert Gombos to beat Alexander Bublik @ odds 2.5 with 5dimes

I have seen videos of both players in Pau France.. Bublik is a promising young player.. I really like his style of play, and he's equipped with a massive serve potential.. These indoor courts are a bit on the slower side compared to Slovakia tournament that Bublik won last years final vs Rosol. I think this benefits Gombos because he looks more stable from the baseline, and I think his experience and aggression from the ground game will outclass Bublik. 

Odds on Bublik are too small, so i won't play him this time. But he's in a good shape at the moment. He won Budapest a few weeks ago and his balance sheet on finals (challengers & futures) is impressing: 8-1 matches and 17-2 sets. His second serve in Darcis-Match was a catastophic one. Bublik quite solid in his serve so it would be a surprise if gombos wins this tournament.