** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Tennis Tips - February 25 - March 3

• 4 weeks later...

Nikoloz Basilashvili to beat Karen Khachanov at 2.96 with Pinnacle

I was thinking about the set handicap as well, but I guess that it's quite probable that Basilashvili either wins or loses poorly. He's not guaranteed to perform well, but, considering that Khachanov has been nowhere to be seen since winning in Paris at the end of last year, I think that the underdog is worth chancing here at such odds. Two hot heads with no form, so not sure why Khachanov should be such a big favourite. His comeback might well start in Dubai this week, but the odds dictate the play here.

Mikhail Kukushkin to beat Borna Coric at 3.50 with Bet365.

I smell an upset here. Kukushkin has been in pretty good form. I saw a couple of his matches in Marseille and he looked really solid from the back of the court. Yes, there's the fatigue factor with him playing the finals on a Sunday and going to Dubai to play his match against Coric on Tuesday but I still expect him to come out trumps against Coric who is really short on match practice. He was ousted pretty easily by Humbert in his first match at Marseille and he also has a losing record against Kukushkin. 

Gael Monfils to beat Marin Cilic at 1.90 with Bet365.

Alright, this is Cilic's first match after the Australian open. I expect him to be a bit rusty. Monfils has been playing great. Cilic plays well on faster courts, but he is up against someone who is defending supremely well and that is exactly the kind of players Cilic hates playing against. Monfils also has a winning record against Cilic. I am a bit skeptical about this bet. I always have been whenever it comes to Monfils. He is not an easy guy to bet on, what with his frequent clowning. But I feel that he has matured a bit this year. Maybe Svitolina has talked some sense into him. 

Edited by Crimson_Silhouette

Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat (-1.5 sets) Marcel Granollers at 2.70 with Betsson

Judging by the way Marcel played last match in Acapulco yesterday he will lose this comfortable in straight sets. It's 3-0 GG-Lopez in this matchup also and GG-Lopez are 4/4 so far this season while Marcel are at 1/3 and he played some really crappy stuff in Delray Beach so GG-Lopez in two for me.

Parlay at 3.71 with Unibet

Federico Gaio to beat Emilio Gomez at 2.18

I prefer Federico in this match because he played a slightly better first round than Emilio and I like Federico on hardcourt more than Emilio so Fed Gaio for me here.

Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat Marcel Granollers at 1.70

As already mentioned GG-Lopez has a pretty good record in this matchup and I like how he's started this season so GG-Lopez for me and he hopefully wins in two so both bets on GG-L come in.

Sara Errani to beat Alexandra Kiick at 1.82 with Pinnacle

While I'm not a massive fan of backing older players against younger ones anymore, I do like these odds quite a bit. Sara Errani is starting her one final comeback trail here and she was quite alright against Bencic in the Fed Cup and Jorovic in Dubai, so I think that she's going to get the win now that she's dropped down by another level. Kiick is reasonable on the ITF circuit, but I don't see her dealing with the consistency and tenacity of Errani if the Italian plays well.

Sofia Kenin to beat Rebecca Peterson at 1.58 with 888

Rebecca feels good in this kind of surface and the last year she did Semifinals here but now she’s not playing good and she’s not getting good results. It’s true that she won against Kenin in a 3 set match in Connecticut the last summer but Kenin has done a new step on her career since then. She started the year winning a title in Hobart (she won there against Caroline Garcia, Ons Jabeur, Flipkens, Cornet and Schmiedlova) beating all her opponents there in straight sets. After that she put Halep in real troubles in the second round of the AO (3-6, 7-6, 4-6) and won a couple of matches in Dubai (Buzarnescu and Kasatkina).

David Ferrer to beat Tennys Sandgren at 1.73 with Unibet

David is not winning any tournaments anymore but he's good enough to win a first round when he's up against opposition like Tennys who is not in form and lost in Indian Wells qualies to David last season in straight sets. I can see the same thing happening again and David surely wants to face Sascha Zverev in second round and after all Acapulco is Davids happy hunting grounds. One of his best tournaments in his career so I see him having enough for the win in this one.

Gael Monfils to beat Marin Cilic at 1.92 with Unibet

I'm also on Gael here just like @Crimson_Silhouette with Gaels 3-0 record in this matchup. I don't think Marin has looked all that great this season either so I expect him to have a hard time here. Gael is playing well now and it would be strange to see him go out and lose this match acctually with all the positivities for him here. Gael should have enough for the win.

Bianca Andreescu (2-0) to beat Jil Belen Teichmann at 1.70 with 888

What can I say about Bianca… she’s absolutely impressive. In this 2019 she’s in a win/loss record of 17-2. She did final in Auckland, winning there against Kucova, Fourlis, Siegemund, Babos, Wozniacki, Venus Williams and Hsieh and losing the Final against Gorges in a 3 set match. After that, she lost in a 3 set match in the second round of the AO against Sevastova (she won against Osuigwe in the first round and Grammatikopoulou, Katie Swan and Smitkova in the qualy) and won the Title in her previous tournament in Newport Beach, winning there against Volynets, Bouzkova, Bouchard, Tatjana Maria and Pegula. The record of Andreescu on hard outdoor courts is 63-22. Teichman has a record of 35-33 on hard outdoor courts and her last results are very poor. She lost in the first round against Silvia Soler (6-4, 6-3) in Auckland, against Golubic also in the first round in the AO (6-2, 6-4), against Bouchard in the second round in Newport Beach (6-2, 6-2), against McHale in the first round in a ITF tournament played in the USA (6-3, 3-6, 3-6) and in the second round against Bonaventure (7-5, 7-5) in Budapest, her last tournament (played on indoors). Considering the results of this year Teichmann is on win/loss record of 2-5 in front of the 17-2 record of Andreescu. Is important to remark that the best surface of Teichmann is clay while the best surface for Andreescu is hard outdoor, by far.

I EDIT because i forgot that Andreescu played 2 matches in the Fed Cup, against Arantxa Rus and Hogenkamp (she won both matches in straight sets so her win/loss record for this year is 19-2 not 17-2)

Edited by darko08

My last bet for the next 2 days.

Corentin Moutet to beat Hubert Hurkacz at 2.24 with Marathonbet

Hurkacz is better ranked than Moutet and the match will be played on his favorite surface but I have some reasons to go with the underdog here. Hurkacz won a title in Canberra in January but the last 3 tournaments that he has played were on hard indoor courts. Moutet has win also a title this year and that was in Chennai in February. After that, he lost in the first round against Purcell in Bangkok and now he has win 2 matches from the qualy here. Considering his results the win/loss record of Moutet on hard outdoor courts this year is 7-2 and he has already win 2 matches here so he will be more prepared than Hurkacz, who comes here from playing 3 tournaments on indoor courts. The 2 matches from the qualy that Moutet has win here have been against Maamoun (6-3, 7-6) and Ivashka (6-1, 6-3) so he has win both matches in straight sets.

5 hours ago, darko08 said:

Bianca Andreescu (2-0) to beat Jil Belen Teichmann at 1.70 with 888

What can I say about Bianca… she’s absolutely impressive. In this 2019 she’s in a win/loss record of 17-2. She did final in Auckland, winning there against Kucova, Fourlis, Siegemund, Babos, Wozniacki, Venus Williams and Hsieh and losing the Final against Gorges in a 3 set match. After that, she lost in a 3 set match in the second round of the AO against Sevastova (she won against Osuigwe in the first round and Grammatikopoulou, Katie Swan and Smitkova in the qualy) and won the Title in her previous tournament in Newport Beach, winning there against Volynets, Bouzkova, Bouchard, Tatjana Maria and Pegula. The record of Andreescu on hard outdoor courts is 63-22. Teichman has a record of 35-33 on hard outdoor courts and her last results are very poor. She lost in the first round against Silvia Soler (6-4, 6-3) in Auckland, against Golubic also in the first round in the AO (6-2, 6-4), against Bouchard in the second round in Newport Beach (6-2, 6-2), against McHale in the first round in a ITF tournament played in the USA (6-3, 3-6, 3-6) and in the second round against Bonaventure (7-5, 7-5) in Budapest, her last tournament (played on indoors). Considering the results of this year Teichmann is on win/loss record of 2-5 in front of the 17-2 record of Andreescu. Is important to remark that the best surface of Teichmann is clay while the best surface for Andreescu is hard outdoor, by far.

I EDIT because i forgot that Andreescu played 2 matches in the Fed Cup, against Arantxa Rus and Hogenkamp (she won both matches in straight sets so her win/loss record for this year is 19-2 not 17-2)

Teichmann had some success in this tournament last year, and her countrywoman has already advanced in Acapulco. Andreescu has played alot of tennis this year already, and this is an ideal situation to have lack of motivation with more important tournaments ahead 

@money44 Andreescu has only played 2 matches this month, i don't expect her to tank this. I have not considered her matches against left handed players :eyes but she is now playing a high level tennis and the last results of Teichmann are not good.. Do you think Teichmann can trouble her? I think that her momentum is too much high to be cut by Teichmann (the only 2 players that have won her in the last 3 months are Gorges and Sevastova, both matches in 3 sets)

7 minutes ago, money44 said:

I don't know much about Teichmann , but I don't think there is any value on the bet @darko08

I know, the 2-0 are very dangerous but there too many reasons to think that Andreescu has to win this comfortably. I also don't know too much about Teichmann (not the kind of player that i follow) but she's a clay player (she has not many matches played on hard courts).

yep.. Struff and Basilashvili were the plays of the day

38 minutes ago, money44 said:

Kohlschreiber live bet 3.75 odds staked 2 units

Unlucky with this. Federer looked very shaky in the second set before the status quo was restored in the decider. I'd be very wary of backing Federer this season, despite the promising results at the Hopman Cup and to a lesser degree the Australian Open. I don't have any numbers to back it up so this is purely anecdotal, but as his level has dropped over the last year or so it seems to me that he's dropping the second set of matches on an increasingly regular basis and also not winning in straight sets as often as he used to. If I'm right about that then the chances are it's symptomatic of the drop in level that I mentioned and also his age - physically things are typically very different in your late 30's compared to your late 20's and also mentally concentration and focus can become more difficult. Because of who he is though and his name he'll probably continue to be priced very short against most players but I think most players would think they have a chance against him now - the aura is not the same anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if betting against him for the remainder of the season yielded a profit.

Peter Gojowczyk to beat (-1.5 sets) Federico Gaio at 1.85 with Unibet

Peter should have way to mutch for Federico to handle. Federico did well to beat Emilio Gomez last night but this is a step up in class and I'm very concerned about Federicos serve, how will it hold up this time when it didn't hold up last match? He was almost knocked out because he got broken in third set. I can only see one outcome here, Peter in two.

Daniel Brands to beat Nicola Kuhn at 1.95 with Unibet

Brands still has the edge in this match-up indoors imo. He did lose against Galovic last time out, but he was quite splendid in Sofia before that, while Kuhn is still very much on the border between Challengers and the main level, still somewhat closer to the former unfortunately. On indoors quality alone, I'd say that Brands should be at around 1.70 here.

Sorry , was making a late dinner here 

Ivashka, Berankis, Sakamoto, Siegemund.. I'm only listing four to make things simple .. I think one of these will come in today .. 1 out of 4 returns loss on other 3 nearly ... good luck guys , and love to hear feedback on these ..

Edited by money44