Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - February 18 - February 24

Back Alison Riske (+4.5 games) to beat Karolina Pliskova at 1.97 with Unibet

I backed Riske against Goerges in the first round and will continue to ride the wave now. Initially, was going to send out this pick with the +5 handicap line, but odds dropped from 1.74 so I'm moving to +4.5 which could be covered as well if she continues her solid play. Pliskova admitted a few days ago that she was not feeling so well due to being sick. Not sure if already recovered, but she had a difficult match yesterday against Cibulkova so we could have a good chance here.

Thanks for nothing Diego, at 4-1 even :@.

Su-Wei Hsieh (+1.5 sets) to beat Karolina Pliskova at 1.70 with Pinnacle

I think that it's quite easy to fancy Hsieh's chances in this one, as Pliskova isn't moving all that well right now and that isn't going to improve overnight if she's a bit sick. She's the much better player of the two when on song and I do see her winning, but she should drop a set much more often than not as her big hitting is bound to misfire for a while at some point.

Things are looking increasingly better now for Pablo Cuevas to win the whole Rio open with 3 of the biggest favourites out. Fabio Fog, Dom Thiem, Diego Schwartzman out really didn't hurt the outright.

Edited by four-leaf

Thanks man , i didn't bet him either today cuz i have future stake already .. was tempted 

What's floorball ? I have some new future ideas for the tournaments in rio and dubai .. i can post them later maybe .. take easy 

Just now, money44 said:

Thanks man , i didn't bet him either today cuz i have future stake already .. was tempted 

What's floorball ? I have some new future ideas for the tournaments in rio and dubai .. i can post them later maybe .. take easy 

Floorball is a sport we are very good at here in Sweden as we invented the sport but Finland is also very good at it and they are our biggets rivals in the World championships. I bet on Floorball sometimes when Swedens ladies and men is playing in the World championships. I most of the time use our local swedish bookie svenskaspel.se. Floorball is a sport played indoors between two teams trying to score goals with a little white plastic ball with 24 holes in it. Very similar to icehockey with equal sized goals with a goalkeeper and 5 players in each team on the floor chasing that white ball. There are colored balls to but those balls are not used except in training like on training with my team we sometimes have a green ball. 

Aljaz Bedene to beat Thiago Monteiro at 1.62 with Unibet

Picking the better player here. Sorry @money44 for going against your outright pick but I belive Aljaz has a very good chance to reach the final this week.

Marketa Vondrousova to beat Anna Blinkova at 1.73 with William Hill

I think Vondrousova is the right favorite here. She has win here in the 1st round against Georgina García Pérez (6-0, 7-6) who was in a good form after becoming the hero for Spain in the Fed Cup. Both players are young but I think that Vondrousova has more pontential than Blinkova. She played incredible in the last US Open winning there against Barthel, Bouchard and Kiki Bertens and losing finally against Tsurenko in a 3 set match. After that she put Julia Gorges in troubles in Wuhan (3-6, 6-3, 6-7) and lost in the 2nd round against Martic in the AO after winning against Rodina there. Blinkova has win against Vijliantseva in the 1st round here (3-6, 6-4, 6-4) but she did nothing especially remarkable in the last months except for her wins in Doha against Bernarda Pera, Stosur and Sevastova. I have to remark that I watched her match against Sevastova and I almost sure (like 80%) that Sevastova tanked that match (I remember that she played the whole match doing a lot of strange errors and she didn’t care anything about that when she is a player that gets angry when the matches goes wrong). Vondrousova leads the h2h 2-0 and she has an incredible 38-5 on hard indoor courts (53-22 Blinkova).

ahhh .. i just figured its not a good spot for osaka with the whole season ahead of her. didnt' factor sascha. @darko08 .. I am looking at suarez Navarro tomorrow vs Svitolina .. she has very good results from Dubai in her career, and I think she wants it more than Svitolina. 

I won some money on Bencic live today vs Sabalenka .. Her fitness looked slightly better than Sabalenka, and i trusted her more to win after she broke back at 4-5 in the third set.. She played well, but Sabalenka to me wasn't that impressive.. with Hsieh .. I watched the Pliskova match also .. Pliskova is playing very well, and serving pretty good also.. I'd say her form is some of the best I seen.. She did alot of movement work in the offseason...Its definitely improved, and gives her a new edge to winning matches, and its also helped the technique on some of her shots... So that only leaves one option for an underdog for me to bet, because I can't see the other ones. Bencic could be used as a hedging bet since the odds are good on her.. We could place a second rate stake on Bencic to cover any losses on the first rated bet

Edited by money44

Yeah, the lack of mobility from Pliskova was something I always had on my mind but with Conchita now she has improved that and she has done a new step on her game but Hsieh is a tricky player and she has 3 impressive wins here. What about Kuzmova? I have not watched her but she has win against 2 in form players (Kiki and Kenin) and Kvitova has suffered on her 2 wins against Siniakova and Brady. The problem is that Kuzmova is the less experienced player from all the underdogs here and I wouldn’t be surprised if she is destroyed by Kvitova who is a very intimidating player. So do you think that the underdog with more chances here is Carla @money44

8 hours ago, money44 said:

a couple second thoughts about Vondrosouva, and like your post Darko .. but either way good luck on your bets .. I'm not going to bet blinkova. 

Daniel Evans to Win Delray Beach @ 15 with 5dimes - 2 units

I don't think Dan Evans is going to win Delray Beach either but good luck..