** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - February 18 - February 24

21 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Lloyd isn't going to win Delray Beach. I don't know what motivation you have for that but I don't see it happening. He doesn't have the high level required yet to compete consistently on the ATP tour. He just started to win some challenger tournaments last season and is a very newly baked prospect. I think he'll get there but not yet.

He has a fantastic draw four leaf .. the only problem on his side is Isner ..I see him as the most talent in the entire field, and it could be a huge breakthrough tournament for him .. he already won an outdoor hard event earlier fairly routine.  Isner looks a little banged up also .. he could take him out for sure 

11 minutes ago, money44 said:

He has a fantastic draw four leaf .. the only problem on his side is Isner ..I see him as the most talent in the entire field, and it could be a huge breakthrough tournament for him .. he already won an outdoor hard event earlier fairly routine.  Isner looks a little banged up also .. he could take him out for sure 

Pie-in-the-sky thinking. Harris lost to the big server Querrey just last week, without putting on much of a fight. He might even struggle to win his 1st round encounter.

52 minutes ago, South_African_Punter said:

Pie-in-the-sky thinking. Harris lost to the big server Querrey just last week, without putting on much of a fight. He might even struggle to win his 1st round encounter.

Harris is not an indoor player my friend .. thats the part your missing .. win or lose .. i like the chance :beer

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

And Frances Tiafoe defending champion in a possible second round doesn't scare you? Or Yoshi Nishioka or Taylor Fritz on the other half of the draw?

are u kidding about Nishioka scaring me LOL ? now you're telling jokes aren't you .. back to your old tricks @ four 

Hello,

Another small in-play tip from me again. Not sure how much profit you can make from it, because the odds fluctuate, but right now they are very much wrong again. Yesterday the ATP Rio Doubles match between Romboli/ Monteiro and Bambrige/ O'Mara started. Bambridge and O'Mara were pretty big favourites, but lost the first set. Score was 1-1 in the second set. Then the match stopped because of rain. When the match stopped, till the match dissappeared from the bookies etc, the odds on the bookies were around 1,8 for Romboli and Monteiro and 1,95 for Bambridge/ O'mara (I checked bet365 and William hill.) On Betfair Romboli and Monteiro were around 1,85-1,87 then. 

Since there are no doubles scheduled for tonight, the match will continue on wednesday and it seems people have no clue what the odds were when the rain started. Because now on Betfair people are backing Romboli and Monteiro in the 1.5x range...So if you lay these odds, you should be able to make some sure profit when the match will start again tomorrow. So as always, it's not a tip about I think who wins, but I do know that right now the odds are way off again because of a rain delay.

14 hours ago, money44 said:

Ohhh and btw .. just for the record - I do think that Harris can easily lose first round against a tough opponent like darian king ... this could be one of the toughest matches of the tournament if hypotheticlaly he does advance .. match starts in 1 minutes 

I think you're on to something with Lloyd Harris. I've read the article on atpworldtour.com about him and he is getting support from Wayne Ferreira this week. That could make him dangerous. I'm going to back him in his next match. Good luck on the outright bet!

It just so Happens that I'm jumping on board with your bet for a unit also four-leaf .. seems that you placed something also lol on the reverse as well.. anyways .. I think is slight value. I seen also CP liked your pick .. so you guys both could be right. 

Book: 5dimes

1 unit Pablo Cuevas to win Rio @ 19

50 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Yoshihito Nishioka to beat Juan Martin Del Potro at 3.25 with Unibet

Remains to be seen what form JMDP is in but i doubt he should come in and run over this tricky japanese player. 

From memory Del Potro is usually sluggish after a long lay-off so there should be a good chance of this coming in -  that said I'm not sure there's any value in the price. Taking a plus would have been my preference as I can see a narrow win for JMDP. Good luck :ok

Taylor Fritz to beat Mackie Mcdonald at 1.52 with Unibet

I'm gonna keep it simple here and take only the win for Taylor. He just recently defended his challenger title in Newport Beach beating Brayden Schnur in the final in straight sets so he's in good form. He's got 3-0 in this matchup and Mackie has never been close to winning the match and I don't think Mackie is in as good form as Taylor is right now and he's not the better player by any stretch. Match starts in about 20min.

Didn't expect Mackie to play so good defense in Taylors service games like he did at 5-4 up in second set but he is the better player in the match, no doubt about it. I don't see Taylor breaking back at 5-2 down either in third set since Mackie is playing by far the better tennis of the two since he lost first set. Taylor must have taken the task too lightly after he won first set and it proves costly.

Thiago Seyboth Wild vs. Taro Daniel @2.69 Pinnacle 4/10

Seyboth Wild is a big prospect, should have beaten Giannessi in Cordoba but failed while being a break up in the second and third set. Obviously this is something that can happen at 18, he's young and raw but an elite level prospect.

On the other hand Daniel is a joke. His performance in Buenos Aires last week vs. RBC was absymal. 

Odds on the youngster looking good enough to take.

Edited by opole

On 2019. 02. 17. at 11:27 PM, bobix said:

Pfff... it is really obvious I did not visit this forum for a long time, I forgot that each week has a new topic :D I am copying over my picks from the other topic.

Back Roberto Carballes Baena to beat Nicolas Jarry at 2.20 with Expekt

Jarry is not convincing at all nowadays. He might have won two matches in the Davis Cup, but none of them was easy despite playing against all but reputable clay court opponents. Since then he lost two first-round matches, and I think tomorrow he'll make it three in a row. Carballes, on the other hand, seems to be playing quite OK, recently lost only to Cecchinato in a tight encounter, who ended up winning the tournament in Buenos Aires. I think the odds should be reversed here, so I am more than happy to back the Spanish guy.

Back Alison Riske (+1.5 sets handicap) to beat Julia Goerges at 1.93 with Pinnacle

Goerges is a clear favorite here, agreed. These two ladies met this week in Doha, where Julia won in 3 sets. There is a general rule in tennis (applicable to all sports though, I guess), this is something a very good friend of mine told me who was a professional player. It is anything but easy to beat somebody twice who you met recently. This is why I did not agree with many of you when backing Medvedev against Monfils (albeit back then I did not state my opinion here). Riske is very rhapsodic, this match can easily end in two sets, but I hope she will show her better face and fight well.

Other than these I am also looking at Suarez Navarro and Karlovic, maybe I'll make a parlay of 3 set handicaps adding also Carballes.

Back Damir Dzumhur to beat Peter Gojowczyk at 1.80 with Pinnacle

This match will be played on Tuesday, not tomorrow. Bet365 opened the odds at 1.66 the rest of the bookies at around 1.80 but already started to drop. Dzumhur's season start was awful, but after the Davis Cup he won two matches against good/in-form players like Tsitsipas and Kukushkin, being demolished later by tournament winner Monfils. But this should be enough for him to gather some pace and he will next have a favorable opponent in the form of Gojowczyk. Despite the fact of having some good (but short) periods from time to time, I always rated the German an average player, nothing special. Dzumhur also lead the H2H 2-0, and all of those were indoor hard matches.

Carballes and Riske both won, that's great! On the other hand, if there was a pick I really really deserved to lose is the one with Dzumhur. My friend was totally right, I should show more respect toward players, especially when they sit on the 60th position in the ATP rankings. Shame on me!

2 minutes ago, money44 said:

good job btw @ bobix .. i must have missed u taking Baena also .. super close at the end.. what do u think of baena - dellien next round ? 

Thank you @money44! Carballes should have finished this match in two sets but was not able to close it at 5-3. At least luck was on our side and he delivered in the end. Tough call his next match, I would rather skip that. I just started looking at the tomorrow card, at first glance I like Evans and Lorenzi, also Albot for set handicap. This is from Delray Beach, still checking the rest.