** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

German Masters

Fader

This Wednesday starts the German Masters. This ranking event was won by Mark Williams last year beating Dott rather impressively in the final 9-1. The draw has been made already and here is the 1st round line-up. No Ronnie O'Sullivan helps the betting, but we have some big names hitting some good form such as Judd Trump and Mark Selby.

Round 1
M.Williams Vs Z.Yuelong
S.Baird Vs J.Perry
P.Ebdon Vs S.Murphy
R.McLeod Vs K.Wilson
B.Hawkins Vs R.Milkins
S.Maguire Vs M.Georgiou
Y.Bingtao Vs M.Stevens
L.Hang Vs J.Trump
J.Higgins Vs Y.Sijun
J.Lisowski Vs D.Jones
X.Guodong Vs R.Day
F O'Brien Vs D.Junhui
N.Robertson Vs K.Maflin
S.Bingham Vs J.Robertson
D.Gilbert Vs B.Woolaston
R.Walden Vs M.Selby

Trump and Selby both look standout (and separated) however their prices don't interest me. I don't like betting on players who have just won an event and with Trump winning the UK Masters and also previously winning Group 3 of the Champs League, I think despite his form at 4/1 I will avoid him. Selby has won this event before, but since then hasn't got past round 2 in the 3 following attempts so, despite his decent recent form, I will leave him alone. Mark Williams, defending champion here, I'm also ignoring. 10/1 is too small for me.

I will take 3 picks, two from the top half and one from the bottom. Barry Hawkins goes into this event with a bit of form. He got to the quarter-finals of the UK Masters but since then has also been doing a lot of match-time at the Champions League which inspires this bet really. He got to the final of Group 3, the semi-final of Group 4, final of Group 5 and then the final of Group 6 so it shows he is hitting the ball well. Perhaps shows he isn't getting over the line, but he's putting himself into the right positions. He would have Milkins & Maguire and then Trump/Murphy/Williams to get into a final. 

Next, I will take Robertson in the bottom half. He is another who has improved his form winning the Riga Masters in 2018, getting to a final out in China and also winning Group of the Champions League. He got to the Semi-Finals of the UK Masters losing 6-4 to eventual champ Trump. I fancy him to do well in Germany. He would have a decent path to the final, Maflin, Bingham, Selby (won the last 2), Lisowski (Has a good record against Lisowski) and then a final. 14s seems good value.

I will also throw a 1pt bet on Murphy. Ever since he quit Twitter in December, he has slowly progressed. Maybe he has lost the demons a little. I hope for him to go deep here.

2pts B.Hawkins to win the German Masters 16/1 Bet365
2pts N.Robertson to win the German Masters 14/1 Betfred
1pt S.Murphy to win the German Masters 20/1 Betfred

Your thoughts?

@notanotherdonkey @BetPredictor @mcsilks @ElPrincipito007 @Striker @harry_rag @Sir Puntalot @Bronxie

German Masters: Round 1 Preview :

Mark Williams gets his defence underway against Yuelong. A banana skin in the making perhaps? Yuelong is a real prospect and I think he can cause Mark some problems. They played eachother twice last year and both matches were tight. Williams won 3-2 in a Champions League match but then Yuelong beat Mark 4-3 in the English Open. Nothing would indicate this match will not be a tight one, so I will be taking Yuelong on the handicap.

In the evening, Shaun Murphy kicks off his Masters against Peter Ebdon. Shaun has a real good chance of going deep in this tournament and he has a nice first round tie for him to get his arm going. H2H between these two favours Murphy but they haven't played against eachother for years. Ebdon looked good when beating King in the qualifiers here, but if Murphy can produce any sort of form, you would expect him to win here with alittle to spare.

Thursday lunchtime we will see Bingham gets his Masters underway against Jimmy Robertson. Bingham beat Robertson in Group 3 of the Champions League 3-1 and all 3 frames over 50 break (1 century) Bingham got to the Semi-final of that group only losing to eventual winner and in-form Trump on a decider. I think he will beat Jimmy here with abit to spare.

6pts Z.Yuelong (+2.5 frames) to beat M.Williams 4/6 BetVictor
6pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) to beat P.Ebdon 4/6 BetVictor
5.5pts S.Bingham (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Robetson 8/11 bet365 Paddy

Up and down day really. Yuelong covered the handicap and Bingham did also but losses for Murphy and Perry who both looked poor. Neil Robertson still looks good and faces Bingham today.

Of the remaining 4 matches this afternoon (before the Last 16 starts tonight) I think Guodong Vs Ding looks an interesting one. Guodong has one of the best performances in the last round barring Selby hitting 5 breaks over 50 in his 5-1 thrashing of Day and Ding, although hitting 3 breaks over 50, struggled to beat Ferg O'Brien. I think he can cover the +2.5 handicap here and I also am going to put a couple points on him beating Ding.

7pts X.Guodong (+2.5 frames) to beat D.Junhui 4/7 BetVictor
2.5pts X.Guodong to beat D.Junhui 11/5 Boylesports

Rather annoying day in which Guodong go to the deciding frame, on the board first but couldn't make it count but nevertheless, the handicap covered. Robertson blew a big chance to get to a ranking final too after going 3-1 up. 

Semi-final day today. Gilbert will play Duane Jones at 1 pm and tonight Maguire faces Kyren Wilson. I think looking at the odds, Jones is some real value here. Gilbert has beaten players in better form, but Jones has scored heavy in this event. h2h shows some tight matches last won by a deciding frame. 

Jones hit 1 century and 2 more >50 scores in beating Lisowski, and then against Sijun he did the same but with 3 >50. He really has got in and got going. Against Ding, he also scored 4 50> breaks.

4pts D.Jones to beat D.Gilbert 11/4 Betfred

Finals day today and Kyren Wilson will face Gilbert. H2H shows Wilson winning both matches these two have played quite easily 3-1 and 5-1. Since a tight round 1 encounter with McLeod, he has powered through everybody he has came up against Beating Ebdon, Williams & Maguire and only losing 3 frames in those 3 matches. Gilbert has had a great Masters and is really hitting the ball really well, but I am going to take Wilson on a handicap today. I think the fact Gilbert being in the final may just get to him alittle too.

5pts K.Wilson (-2.5 frames) to beat D.Gilbert 4/5 bet365