** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > January 26th

Darran

Disappointing that Telford couldn't get the win last week, but at the end of the day I am confident it was the right bet to have and it was just one of those results which defies logic and goes against us. If Blyth had scored an injury time penalty then we would have been in profit for the day as well despite the max bet losing. At the moment I am just putting the one bet up but there will be more to follow tomorrow at some point.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Aldershot

If Gary Waddock can keep Aldershot up I think it will be the biggest achievement of his managerial career because they are awful. It isn't all his fault because there have been budget cuts at the club, but you have to fear that if they go down to Step 2 they won't be coming back in a hurry. It has been 10 games since they last won in the league and they have picked up just 3 points in that spell. That last win also came against bottom of the table Braintree. Scoring goals is a huge problem for them as they have scored just 24 all season and if we narrow that down to the last 10 games then they have only scored 5, 3 of which came in the 4-3 loss to Maidenhead on Boxing Day. Away from home it is a really grim picture as they have won just once, drawn twice and lost 11. Dagenham didn't play well against Maidstone last week, but Maidstone basically gifted them all 3 goals thanks to some shocking defending. Given how much I have written about Dagenham of late there is no real point of repeating myself, but at the very least they should be no bigger than 4/6 for this and probably even shorter than that. I just can't understand how they are only very slightly odds on for this. Dagenham ought to only need 1 goal given how goal shy Aldershot and they look a cracking bet.

Dartford v Concord Rangers

Concord will be keen to get the 3 points they have lost for fielding an illegible player here, but I think the home side offer a bit of value. Dartford's home form has been very impressive as they have lost just twice. Wealdstone beat them early on in the season when they weren't in great form anyway and the only other team to beat them is Torquay and they played well that night despite losing. They have got themselves into play-off contention and it is mainly thanks to their performances at home. Concord's away form has picked up of late having drawn at Bath and won at East Thurrock and Welling before losing their last away game to Hungerford. Take the Welling win away though and the only teams they have beaten on their travels are Dulwich, East Thurrock and Weston all of whom are struggling. Dartford are nearly as big as 6/4 to win this with Marathon and that represents value to me.

Dulwich Hamlet v Chelmsford City

I'm hoping to get to this game on Saturday and it will be my first visit to Champion Hill since Dulwich returned their last month. Usually I want them to win, but given Gloucester are in a relegation battle with them I'm not sure I really do (although I do hope both survive) and I think Chelmsford are worth backing to win. I have only seen Dulwich in the flesh twice this season both when they played Gloucester. Back in August Gloucester beat them 1-0, but I was really impressed with Dulwich and thought there is noway they would struggle this season. Then just before Christmas they looked a completely different side and not a very good one at that. It is hard to know what has gone wrong really, but I suspect that the team had got used to winning games of football and now they aren't they are finding it very tricky to play their usual passing style of football because they don't have the confidence to do so. I thought returning to Champion Hill would see a big improvement in form, but after winning on Boxing Day in their first game back they have picked up just 1 point in their next 5 games and that game in a desperate affair at East Thurrock last Saturday. Having seen East Thurrock earlier this month I can imagine how bad a game it was. Chelmsford are much better than East Thurrock and although their good away form from earlier in the season has left them I would say out of the 4 defeats in their last 6 on the road the only poor loss was to East Thurrock. I'm surprised to see Chelmsford on the drift as Dulwich look really low on confidence at the moment and at just over 6/4 with Marathon the away side look a solid bet.

Southport v AFC Telford

No doubt Telford will go and win now I am taking them on, but Southport are worth a bet despite losing their unbeaten record at Altrincham last week. They certainly played well and I can seem bouncing straight back here. Telford might be very strong at home, but it has been a very different story on their travels. They have only won 3 away games and two of those came against FCUM and Nuneaton and both of those are in the bottom 3. Following Southport has been pretty profitable for us in recent weeks and I am surprised they have drifted out to 121/100 with Marathon as I would have them nearer even money myself.

Whitehawk v Carshalton

Those of you who have been following me for a while may remember that a year or so again backing Whitehawk became a rather profitable system despite the fact they were bottom of the table and still ended up going down and I just wonder if they are about to go on another good run of form. They have improved the side this month and their last two results have been superb. First of all they got a draw against Dorking who are 2nd in the table and then last week they were really impressive in beating Kingstonian last week. If they can repeat those two efforts then they should be more than capable of beating a Carshalton side who have only won 2 of their last 8 league games and have lost 5 on the bounce away from home. Every chance they will have one eye on their FA Trophy match at Barnet next week as well. At 19/10 with BetVictor they are well worth backing.

Dagenham & Redbridge 4pts @ 49/50 with Marathon

Dartford 1pt @ 147/100 with Marathon

Chelmsford 2pts @ 38/25 with Marathon

Southport 1pt @ 121/100 with Marathon

Whitehawk 2pts @ 19/10 with BetVictor

Not surprisingly the price has come in on Dagenham although I still think the price is on the right side of value.

Edited by Darran

Wrexham v Maidenhead

I can't let my heart rule my head here.... I wasn't impressed when the new manager was appointed and his assistant, I've heard,  hasn't endeared himself to the players. That, though, isn't the reason to oppose them here...they have lost the last 5 and, more importantly,  failed to score in them. We were crying out for new strikers and a bit of trickery and, fair play, he signed two strikers and a winger.  They have barely played! Last week he started with an 11 he could have named two months ago. Sticking 5 past Salford was an aberration!

Maidenhead are just the type of side we struggle against...park a bus and hope to hit on the break. They also aren't in bed firm and probably didn't deserve to lose against Solihull last week. They are available at 6.00 but I'm playing the DNB at 4.50.

Christ, I'm depressed.

Wrexham vs Maidenhead (1) -0.75 1.90 1u

Wrexham have dropped some points in last few away games, they know that home is where they are able to collect most points. Miadenhead unchanged from last game which they lost to Solihull. Wrexham to win this.

Halifax vs Salford City (2) 1.81 1u

This is more a bet against Halifax, they have been really blunt last few league games, creating very little goal chances and today using the same lineup, i don't see things improving rapidly. Salford starts Adam Rooney and i see them closer to the win, Good luck!

13 minutes ago, cc135 said:

Wrexham vs Maidenhead (1) -0.75 1.90 1u

Wrexham have dropped some points in last few away games, they know that home is where they are able to collect most points. Miadenhead unchanged from last game which they lost to Solihull. Wrexham to win this.

Halifax vs Salford City (2) 1.81 1u

This is more a bet against Halifax, they have been really blunt last few league games, creating very little goal chances and today using the same lineup, i don't see things improving rapidly. Salford starts Adam Rooney and i see them closer to the win, Good luck!

We haven't won in five games. We haven't scored in five. Just seen our team and only playing one of our 3 loaned strikers and the winger I refer to isn't even in the squad.

I've seen us play...we are not odds on shots.