** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - February 4 - February 10

Pablo Cuevas to beat (-1.5 sets) Aljaz Bedene at 2.75 with Unibet

Pablo is his usual self this week. Aljaz hasn't been impressive to start this season and he lost 3-0 in Roland Garros to Pablo last season and Pablo wasn't even good last season so that result is very worrying for Aljaz. Pablo has been steamrolling in first two matches. Sure he had some difficulties to find a way to break Malek Jaziris serve in first set but he routinely turned the tie-break around and needed only one setpoint to win first set and after that it was all Pablo who cruised to a straight sets win. When he beat Facundo Bagnis he didn't face any breakpoints at all but he was broken at 5-1 last match but broke serve straight after to win the match and it's excusable to get broken when you're 5-1 up and serving for the match especially when you break serve straight after. Anyways Pablo is just too solid on the South American golden swing to even lose a set to an out of form Aljaz when he's in this kind of form. Just because Aljaz beat Fabio Fog it doesn't make him an in-form player to me and even if he had decent form he could lose this in straight sets because Pablo is just too solid and whatever he does when he's serving it works for him.

@ElPrincipito007 I like Belgium, in 888 is still paid at 1.80 (i should not take this if goes under 1.80). Mertens and Van Uytvanck will be the players to play the single matches, for sure. About France Garcia will play for sure and I think that Mladenovic will be the other one (her win-loss record in the Fed Cup is 20-9 with a 9-7 in singles). I think Belgium can win this without going to the doubles match. Garcia is in a bad shape and Mladenovic is still worse. Garcia is still dangerous but I think that Mertens and Van Uytvanck will win the other French player and I hardly can see Garcia winning her two matches (considering her last matches she can lose any of her 2 matches, especially against Mertens of course). I don’t know if I am overrating Van Uytvanck but I like her, I think that she is very good (she’s not getting good results but in this surface she’s dangerous).

I also like USA to win over Australia but the odds now are a little bit low

Bautista walkover has killed me..

Guido Pella to beat Diego Schwartzman at 2.71 with Marathon Bet

I will be quick because the match starts soon. I watched the first set of Diego against Giannessi and he played horrible. The next day i saw that he finally won the match but looks like Giannessi had some kind of injury (too many hours on court in his legs). Pella won in straight sets against Ramos and leads the h2h with Diego (4-1).

Matteo Berrettini to beat (-1.5 sets) Marton Fucsovics at 2.65 with Unibet

Matteo is playing for a place in the semifinal and he would deserve to be there. Marton got lucky with RBAs walkover but now his luck should end just like it did in Irving challenger semifinal last season when Matteo beat Marton 6-3 6-4. Marton played like an amateur last time he was on the court while Matteo has played his best tennis as if he was a top 50 player which he is close to and he very mutch deserves a place in the final. I don't see Marton stopping him and based on last years Irving result I think there's value in backing Matteo to win in straight sets.

Tatjana Maria (+1.5 sets) to beat Aliaksandra Sasnovich at 2.02 with Pinnacle

At home, I think Maria has a chance of getting something from this match-up, as Sasnovich is quite one-dimensional and can have lapses inside sets. I don't expect Maria to win, but she's tricky and Sasnovich hasn't played against her before, so she might have issues adapting to her style.

Fed Cup

Belgium to beat France at 1.72 with 888

The matches will be played in Liege (Belgium). Hard indoor.

Belgium; Elise Mertens, Alison van Uytvanck, Kirsten Flipkens, Ysaline Bonaventure.

France; Caroline Garcia, Mladenovic, Alize Cornet, Pauline Parmentier, F. Ferro.

Finally, Mladenovic will not play for some kind of injury so Alize Cornet, who has a horrible win-loss record in the Fed Cup (3-14), will play the single matches with Caroline Garcia. Belgium will play with Elise Mertens and Van Uytvanck. I think that Van Uytvanck will have some better chances than the odds suggest against Caro and I expect both players to win against Cornet. I think that bookies are underrating Alison chances. I think she is very talented, I expect from her to win at least against Cornet and let’s see what happens in her match match against Caro. I expect also a good performance from Mertens of course.

The injury of Mladenovic will be very important because she is the best doubles player here so if the eliminatory is decided in the doubles match Belgium has a better pair (Bonaventure – Doubles Ranking: 137 and Flipkens – Doubles Ranking: 34) than France (Fiona Ferro – Doubles Ranking: 532 and Parmentier – Doubles Ranking: 546).

I EDIT to add another one.

USA to beat Australia at 1.65 with 888

The matches will be played in Asheville (USA). Hard indoor.

USA; Madison Keys, Danielle Collins, Sofia Kenin, Nicole Melichar.

Australia; A. Barty, Gavrilova, Priscilla Hon, Kimberley Birrell, Astra Sharma.

Barty and Kimberly Birrell will play the single matches for Australia while USA will play with Madison Keys and Kenin. Birrell had in impressive win against Vekic in the AO but in the next round she was absolutely destroyed by Kerber (6-1, 6-0…). I saw that match entirely and the difference was huge. I can’t imagine Birrell wining against Keys or Kenin so the only possibility for Australia to win this is with a big performance from Barty. The question here is if Barty can win against Kenin and Keys. Personally, I think that Kenin or Keys will win against Barty. Kenin is playing extremely well, she won in Hobart winning all her matches in straight sets (Caroline Garcia, Jabeur, Flipkens, Cornet and Schmiedlova) and she almost won against Halep in the second round of the AO (3-6, 7-6, 4-6) after winning against Kuzmova. I expect Keys or Kenin to win against Barty and both players to win against Birrell. If the match is decided in the doubles match the pairs will be: Collins/Melichar vs Barty/Gavrilova. Barty is the best doubles player (ranked: 3) but Melichar is also a good doubles player (ranked: 13). Anyway, I don’t expect this to be decided by the doubles match.

Edited by darko08

Not that Tsitsipas was looking very good yesterday,he made a lot of unnecessary errors but I think Monfils has a chance to 'upset' Medvedev. Medvedev is a favorite here n rightly so but I believe on tour this is one of the few titles Monfils will look to secure than bigger tournaments which he has not had much luck in the past.He's 32 now and given injuries might be a problem he's going to have to be dealing with now I think he'll be motivated to go for 250 and 500 tournaments now more and more.Given his athletic nature going all out against any big 4 at a big tournament at a risk of injury is not worth it now.He's looking more focused this year n I saw people say his serve is also different/better.He could have gone further in AO, I remember his ankle problems in the match Vs Fritz.Some extra motivation might go a long way.

Edited by Hermes
typos