** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > January 22nd

Darran

Not too many matches tonight, but I have spotted 3 games worth having a bet on.

Brightlingsea Regent v Worthing (Bostik Premier)

The only game Brightlingsea haven't won in their last 7 leagues games was when I put them up as a bet against Tonbridge and they blew a 2 goal lead. Hopefully we can get that cash back tonight as they look a fair price to beat Worthing. The home side have only lost one of their last 10 and are in flying form. Worthing were looking possible title contenders as they had a few games in hand for a while, but their form has taken a downward spiral in recent weeks. They have lost their last 3 and have only won twice in their last 9 league games. I think Regent should be closer to even money than they are so the 13/10 with Marathon, Betway and BetVictor looks well worth taking.

Chesham v Basingstoke (Southern League Premier South)

I have put Chesham up as a bet a few times in the last few weeks and their good form has continued as they have only lost 1 of their last 10 league games. That run includes winning the reverse of this fixture which took place just 10 days ago 3-2. Basingstoke did go down to 10 men once all the goals were scored but Chesham ran out worthy winners. Basingstoke have won just one of their last 5 and have only won 3 away games all season. Chesham should be capable of doing the double and Betway go 11/10 about a home win which is well worth a bet.

Welwyn Garden City v Corby (Southern Division One Central)

It is quite rare that games at step 4 get priced up, but when you get a quiet day like today bookies do drop down to this level because they will offer betting in play on it. Those of you who follow me on Twitter might have seen that I put up a late bet last Tuesday when I opposed Welwyn when they hosted Sutton Coldfield. The reason for doing so was that all but 3 of the team had walked out after the manager resigned. The new manager had signed 10 players and got a couple in from the youth team and amazingly they defied the odds to get a point against Sutton although Sutton were all over them in the 2nd half and should have won. The Welwyn goal was an own goal by the keeper as well. After that point they did manage to get a 0-0 draw on Saturday against Aylesbury United. To get two draws given how little the team knew one another was pretty impressive, but in Corby they are facing really tough opposition for the first time. Corby are looking to win the title and have lost just one of their last 10 league games. They score goals for fun having scored 34 in that time and only two games have they not scored more than 2. That is seriously impressive stuff and it is hard to see how they can't punish a Welwyn side who will still be learning how to play as a team. 5/6 is available with Marathon and that looks too big in my view. I will also be having a smaller bet on Corby to be winning at half time and full time at 15/8 with Bet365.

Brightlingsea Regent 1pt @ 13/10 with Marathon, Betway and BetVictor

Chesham 1pt @ 11/10 with Betway

Corby 4pts @ 5/6 with Marathon

Corby/Corby HT/FT 1pt @ 15/8 with Bet365