** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Friday Jan 18th

245 Chepstow

Steely Addition 11/4 bet365

Richest race over jumps on Friday is the Class 3 Novice Chase at Chepstow. It has attracted a decent field although I cant believe half of the OR's.
Anyway i'm going for Steely Addition who opened his account over fences at the second attempt over C/D in early December. That looked an improved effort although it was on heavy ground and form can be a bit misleading. This horse has good form on a better surface so I'm sure he's not ground dependant and will cope with this ok. The yard have a good record here and its interesting that Hobbs has kept the young jockey on board rather than going for Dickie Johnson.

A 7/4 winner from three selections yesterday(9/4 advised),one for today..

3.05 Lingfield

ALASKAN BAY - 9/4 Bet365

It always pays to take note of the draw at Lingfield and of those i consider to be in with a leading chance ALASKAN BAY looks best positioned.
Ray Guest's bay filly comes here at the top of her game following a Wolverhampton win in December,followed by a creditable second over that same course and distance in a competitive 11 runner race 17 days later.While both of the selections two career wins have been at the Midlands venue,she has run with credit here in the past..