Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

Australian Open 2019

On 24/01/2019 at 7:32 PM, CzechPunter said:

I'd like Osaka to win, but I think the odds are about right. Hopefully the roof won't be closed, that would help Kvitova big time.

Hi Czech. Do you think the Womens final will go to three sets. Also how much of a factor is the closing of the roof if it ever happens as would it favour Kvitova. And does Osaka also like playing when the roof is closed 

Women's Final between 2 hard hitters.  Enough has been said about the 2 finalists and the condition - roof open or close.... temperature will not be too hot and unbearable esp. for Kv.

I think maturity and big-stage experience has a slight edge here and odds at Pinnacle is good.

Kvitova to win the AO WTA title @1.88.

:cigar

36 minutes ago, opole said:

Can't see him winning Wimbledon. 

Agreed. He'll likely win the French Open and it's so hard to do the French Open and Wimbledon double. He's done it before obviously, but he was younger then and his body was in better shape.

Obviously Nadal must win tomorrow before winning wimbledon!  Providing that he will win tomorrow, then French Open is not that high target for him! Now, going to grass slam in London, the question is who can challenge him apart from Djokovic?  No one else in my humble opinion.  Federer proved to be a veteran than a real player. He truly frustrated me and all of his fans with his poor attitude he showed against Tsitsipas.  I See great opportunity for Nadal to make it 4/4 grand slams!  Lets see however what will happen tomorrow in the final!  I wish Djokovic not to ruin my estimation!  THanks to all of you dear members!

36 minutes ago, delfino said:

Obviously Nadal must win tomorrow before winning wimbledon!  Providing that he will win tomorrow, then French Open is not that high target for him! Now, going to grass slam in London, the question is who can challenge him apart from Djokovic?  No one else in my humble opinion.  Federer proved to be a veteran than a real player. He truly frustrated me and all of his fans with his poor attitude he showed against Tsitsipas.  I See great opportunity for Nadal to make it 4/4 grand slams!  Lets see however what will happen tomorrow in the final!  I wish Djokovic not to ruin my estimation!  THanks to all of you dear members!

I agree with your premise as Federer and certainly Murray are in decline but as for who can beat him at Wimbledon the answer is anyone who can serve and volley. As has been proven in the past, that doesn't even have to be one of the top players.

39 minutes ago, delfino said:

I disagree the French Open isn't a high priority for Nadal. I'm certain it is. He'll always want to win it for as long as he plays. Also Federer's attitude shouldn't have been a surprise if you saw him play at the US Open.

4 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

I think that he meant that winning French Open wouldn't be too hard for Nadal.

Now that you mention it I can see that might have been the meaning, and like you say it probably was. I stand corrected :ok

2 hours ago, eros said:

Wow, djoker in beast mode, not a single chance for nadal so far.

Yeah Nadal never had a chance. If you believe in numbers, Djokovic was playing like this in 2011 and 2015. What's next in that sequence ;)