Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Djokovic (-7,5 games) to beat Nishikori at 2.10 with bet365 Nishikori can't have much energy left in his body after that gruelling 5-hour marathon match against PCB. Nishikori had to play couple

Murray is unbelievable. He should feel proud even if he lost the match because he sure is playing very well considering his bad injury. 

Rafael Nadal (-5) to beat Tomas Berdych at 1.85 with Marathon I watched both today and I can't see Berdych doing much even in his current form. The mental handicap is still going to be there most

Serena injured her ankle when leading with 5:1 and having a MB. After the match she said that it wasn't the injury that helped Pliskova, but the great play of the Czech player. But I think that injury and the tough match against Halep affected her. Osaka seems a valid small favorite here, but it can be pretty close.

I saw the Pliskova-Serena match and like @ogii55 said Serena had an injury in her ankle when she was leading the 3rd set 5-1. Pliskova started the match incredibly well, she was superb with her serve and had the opportunity to win that match in straight sets when she broke Serena in the 2nd. Surprisingly, Pliskova suffered a counter-break in the next game and that gave wings to Serena (first time in the entire match that she broke Karo). Serena won the 2nd set and Pliskova was out of the match for the 3rd set till the injury. I don't know what said Serena after the match but obviously her mobility was not the same after that.

Good result for me because i have Kvitova to win AO at 4.50 and now is paid at 2.20

Edited by darko08

The interesting thing about Serena's injury was that she was able to battle pretty decently when Pliskova was serving - she got a couple of break points (match points). Great serve returns, powerful shots. But Serena just could not serve - making a double fault in every game and she won only one or two points out of 13 or 14.

Pliskova did step her game up though, so she deserved to win. Serena's injury unlocked a door for Karolina and she pushed through that door with all the power and skills she had. For neutral tennis fans it was great to watch.

13 minutes ago, cluelessG said:

The interesting thing about Serena's injury was that she was able to battle pretty decently when Pliskova was serving - she got a couple of break points (match points). Great serve returns, powerful shots. But Serena just could not serve - making a double fault in every game and she won only one or two points out of 13 or 14.

Pliskova did step her game up though, so she deserved to win. Serena's injury unlocked a door for Karolina and she pushed through that door with all the power and skills she had. For neutral tennis fans it was great to watch.

100% agree and Karo saved the match points cleaning the lines of the court, that was impressive.

Edited by darko08

Novak Djokovic (-7.5 Games) to beat Lucas Pouille at 1.72 with bet365

Probably my last bet for this tournament. It’s unbelievable to see Pouille in the semifinal. He was in a very bad shape before coming here but he was absolutely lucky with the draw he had. My thoughts were that he would lose easily against Raonic but the Canadian showed us his worst version (that was unexpected considering that he easily won against tougher opponents than Lucas: Wawrinka, Zverev, Herbert,… and the fact that he never dropped a set in any of the 3 matches played against him). Anyway, this fairytale has come to an end because Lucas has to face Djokovic. I’m expecting from Djokovic to end this match by the fast way to get time to rest for the final against Rafa (I guess).

8 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Novak Djokovic (-7.5 Games) to beat Lucas Pouille at 1.72 with bet365

Probably my last bet for this tournament. It’s unbelievable to see Pouille in the semifinal. He was in a very bad shape before coming here but he was absolutely lucky with the draw he had. My thoughts were that he would lose easily against Raonic but the Canadian showed us his worst version (that was unexpected considering that he easily won against tougher opponents than Lucas: Wawrinka, Zverev, Herbert,… and the fact that he never dropped a set in any of the 3 matches played against him). Anyway, this fairytale has come to an end because Lucas has to face Djokovic. I’m expecting from Djokovic to end this match by the fast way to get time to rest for the final against Rafa (I guess).

Now you're assuming Lucas is bad and that's the biggest mistake you can do in betting, assuming the other team or player is to bad to make an effort. So I have to place a warning on this handicap line and defenitely the higher one on Unibet at 8.5. I don't say Lucas can cover 7.5 or 8.5 but he's in the semi and he's got there by playing good tennis while the other players he met played bad. Nole will defenitely go out and do his best here but Lucas has been pretty good so I'm not sure if there's something that really says he will get ran over by Nole.

1 minute ago, South_African_Punter said:

Anyone have comments on the Pliskova/Osaka game? I'm not sure what to make of the Pliskova comeback in all honesty...

I feel like Naomi should eventually run out on top in that match. She might just get her revenge on Karolina for that Tokyo final loss last season. Karolina is good no doubt about it but making her the small underdog doesn't seem wrong at all and I've picked Naomi to win at 1.80 with Unibet.

6 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Now you're assuming Lucas is bad and that's the biggest mistake you can do in betting, assuming the other team or player is to bad to make an effort. So I have to place a warning on this handicap line and defenitely the higher one on Unibet at 8.5. I don't say Lucas can cover 7.5 or 8.5 but he's in the semi and he's got there by playing good tennis while the other players he met played bad. Nole will defenitely go out and do his best here but Lucas has been pretty good so I'm not sure if there's something that really says he will get ran over by Nole.

Im not saying that he's bad im just saying that he came here in a very bad shape (just check his last results) and that he was lucky with the draw he had (Nadal also was lucky with the draw, it's just a fact). Pouille is gonna play the semifinal but this doesn't mean that now he can compete against everybody. Maybe im wrong but my thoughts are that Djokovic level is miles away from Pouille's level. Let's see what happens, maybe Pouille surprises me but i think that this is gonna be a 3-0 for Nole.

Pouille (+2.5 sets) vs Nole 2.56 Pinnacle

To have a TB 2.00 Bet365

90% of Lucas's losses came when he beats himself. He start to make series of UE, hitting the net or outside the court. He is very vulnerable when is playing on second serve. So I think that it will be tough job for Nole if he serves like against Raonic or Coric, but if he plays the way he did against Marterer or Popirin, he is doomed to lose 0:3. Looking the way he plays, he is doing better with each match. The big plus for him is that he never faced Djokovic so he will never remember the past matches when Nole killed almost everybody from the Top tier. I still don't think that Djokovic is at his best. Nishikori came to the match injured from the 5-setter against Careno-Busta. There is value to search for a set win for Pouille.

Also I would try to have TB in the match. Pouille already played 8 TB, while Nole just 1, but in fact Djokovic never faced such a big serving player. I think that the even the first set will have a TB.

Yep, Pouille is serving well but it’s not the same serving against players like Raonic or Coric than serve against the best returner in tennis history so Pouille will need more than a good serve to hurt Djokovic. She will need to be aggressive and accurate in his shots because if he is involved in long rallies he will lose most of them. You said that Djokovic has not played against good serving players but Medvedev and Tsonga have a good serve (especially Tsonga who was serving like a beast till he found Djokovic).

L.Pouille/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets at 2.75 with Bet365

I don't exactly fancy Pouille to get to the finals (despite my previous claims :lol), but the odds for both to grab a set have grown out of proportion a bit imo and I think that the Frenchman does have what it takes to win a set at some point. I like the set handicap much more than the games one - not only does it come with a much juicier odds, but there is also a slight chance that the match could go something like 6-7 7-6 6-2 6-0.

23 minutes ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

good luck! but after seeing Osaka's match i'm not sure she can trouble Kivi. !.70 on Kivi looks very tempting.

depends on the weather imo, if its hot again Kvitova will go for short rallies and quick winners..then you never know! 

if its closed roof then I agree with you she should eat Osaka.