** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2019

Has sb. saw Suarez Navarro playing this year?

She is playing one of the best juniors out there who translated well to the pro circuit last year: Clara Burel. 

Burel is really good but probably a bit too green and unexperienced but i fancy a over bet here.

Edited by opole

Alison Riske (+5,5 Games) + Berdych + Opelka (+2,5 sets) at 3.46 with 888

I will be fast because all of them have been post already

Alison Riske played so well in Shenzen and could won against Sabalenka. She served so well and cleaned all the lines of the court with her powerful shots. Could won that match in straight sets.

Berdych did so well in Doha while Edmund is absolutely out of form. I know he defends a lot of points but with his actual form I can’t see him winning against a better in-form player like Berdych.

2 monster servers. This match will be decided in the TBs and I can’t see Isner winning all of them.

There is 3 matches I also looked at with chances, and since my card is already finished for this round .. I will  include bogdan here but these are not official ... you have Alison Van uytvanck, Flipkens, and Krunic.  I will not be surprised if two of these win out of the 4.  

I can also tell you guys that Barthel is one my favorite plays @ odds around 5 because its a fade on Sevastova who could tank the match to conserve her strength.. I don't see motivation to advance for her.. Barthel however needs a big win. :ok

Edited by money44

There is always money on the line Czech .. These women have blessed lives, and Sevastova can make more money tanking this match, and resting for greater achievements later.. Barthel is a very tough matchup ... Look at her last two years at the Australian open results .. You will see there is some signicant value on the bet .. even if it loses 3 out of 4 times .. still profit.  Good luck CP , and maybe you will test a punt here .. There is alot of good bets for this Australian Open I believe.. so this could be one that misses and others come in or vice versa. 

I do feel similar about Qiang Wang losing first round.. I think she has no business advancing in this tournament .. and some unknown (atleast to me) top 150 player Ferro comes in with better speed and conditioning.. and blows wang right off the court. Wang playing alot of tough matches late last year .. Really a solid player but Riske already destroyed in her opening 2019 match.. she put up no fight at all based on the score i see. 

Del Bonis advanced to the 3rd round here in 2016, and should be motivated to start the year off with a nice win... He's already had some decent results, and you're talking about a talented player in the prime of his career.. Millman might be a bit worn down , and could struggle with the Del Bonis power forehand. :ok Odds around 4 suggests pure value.. This is anybodies match.. Millman looks really overrated particularly in this spot .. I smell something. I do feel much better about Barthel than this match .. just wanted to share 

@CzechPunterso i like that del bonis had a cushy little warm up tournament on hard with some wins, and millman in the fight for his life at some higher events 

Edited by money44

Parlay with 3 players who should win their matches without suffering. Im thinking to bet for Kecmanovic (vs Verdasco) or maybe an over I don’t know. Kecmanovic will be at top 100 very soon, he’s doing very well and is so talented. Verdasco can lose against everybody (last year here lost against Marterer in the 2nd round in a 5 set match). Anyway, good luck to everybody!

Tsitsipas (vs Berrettini) + Jordan Thompson (vs Feli) + Tiafoe (vs Gunneswaran) at 2.23 with 888

Berrettini exploded the last season winning in Gstaad but he did nothing remarkable since then so I can’t see him winning against Tsitsipas. He lost in Auckland against Leonardo Mayer who is out of form from a long time. He faces Tsitsipas who ended the season by the best way winning the ATP Next Gen Finals and “lost” against Seppi in Sydney to be rested for the AO after winning against Andreozzi in straight sets.

Feliciano Lopez is 37 years old. He has not played any match since October. Jordan Thompson plays at home and won 2 challengers recently (Traralgon and Canberra) and did final in Calgary. In Sydney he won against Mannarino (6-3, 6-3), Taro Daniel (3-6, 7-6, 6-0) and lost in a good match against the winner of this tournament, Alex de Miñaur (6-7, 3-6).

Nothing much to say about Tiafoe. He faces a weak player that is in the main draw because he had easy players in the qualy.

You call Gunneswaran a "weak player" (imo total BS as he reached four challenger finals in 2018, beat some good players like Shapovalov for example) but you wrote you can see Kecmanovic in Top 100 soon and he is so talented but Gunneswaran destroyed that guy 62 62 a couple of months ago. Gunneswaran is decent enough to put up a fight here and i can't help myself but this is looking like three bets that easily can win but so easily can lose as all of those opponents are looking tough or having their spots. Taking low odds like this in dangerous matchups is pure gambling, wouldn't recommend to bet on that. Especially backing Tsitsipas here at those odds is not really a good thing as he looked poor recently and i do not think you watched any of his matches this year otherwise you would say that he is making a lot of errors and his game isn't working at all right now. 

Edited by opole

4 minutes ago, opole said:

You call Gunneswaran a "weak player" but you wrote you can see Kecmanovic in Top 100 soon and he is so talented but Gunneswaran destroyed that guy 62 62 a couple of months ago. Gunneswaran is decent enough to put up a fight here and i can't help myself but this is looking like three bets that easily can win but so easily can lose as all of those opponents are looking tough or having their spots. Taking low odds like this in dangerous matchups is pure gambling, wouldn't recommend to bet on that. Especially backing Tsitsipas here at those odds is not really a good thing as he looked poor recently and i do not think you watched any of his matches this year otherwise you would say that he is making a lot of errors and his game isn't working at all right now. 

I do not wish you the best luck as i already posted bets on Berrettini and Lopez so i need the luck on my own. But good luck with Tiafoe.;)

Do you really doubt that Kecmanovic will be at the top 100 soon? He’s 19 and he has the same Challenger titles than Gunneswaran who is 29. I think that Tsitsipas doesn’t need to be at 100% to beat Berrettini (who is not playing like he did when he exploded the last season). Anyway, the reasons I did this bet are already explained so I don’t wanna explain it again. We have different opinions, its normal. Best luck for you too.

Berdych + Basilashvili (double) @ 2.03 with Sportingbet

Won't repeat with regards to Berdych - it has been covered extensively already. Basilashvili should have too much for the qualifier, especially given his impressive run in Doha, taking a set off Djokovic.

Edited by South_African_Punter

Parlay

Pablo Carreno Busta to beat (-5.5) Luca Vanni at 1.73

Pablo has a huge chance of winning this in 3 sets and should cover a 5.5 line. They've met once in Spain on hardcourt and Pablo won that match by 7-6 6-0.

Tomas Berdych to beat Kyle Edmund at 1.46

Kyle is apparently carrying a knee injury and has the pressure to defend semifinal points. Under those circumstances it's not ideal to come up against an inform veteran and former top 5 player who in some way makes a deep run almost everytime he comes to Melbourne.

Roberto Bautista Agut to beat (-2.5 sets) Andy Murray at 2.14

Andy is in pain constantly nowadays and this might be his last match, he'll play through the pain but RBA will ofcourse win this easily. I can't see any way Andy will take a set under current circumstances from an inform RBA.

Total odds: 5.41 with Unibet

Donna Vekic (vs Kristina Mladenovic) + Over 3.5 sets (Kecmanovic + Verdasco) at 2.12 with 888

I dont like Mladenovic, she’s a good doubles player but she is not getting good results in singles from a long time. She lost in Sydney in the first round against Kimberly Birrell (6-7, 6-3, 6-7) and did the same in Brisbane against Destanee Aiava (3-6, 6-7), also in the first round. Vekic is playing well, she won in Sydney against Rybarikova (6-1, 6-2), Kiki Bertens (7-6, 1-6, 7-5), Sasnovich (6-0, 6-2) and finally lost against the winner of the tournament, Karolina Pliskova.

I already said in a previous post why I think this can be a long match. Is very strange to see Verdasco playing well a full match. He usually has “disconnections”, especially when he is the favourite so I expect from Kecmanovic to win 1 set at least. The last year here Verdasco lost in the second round against Marterer in a 5 set match.

2 picks for Australian Open 1st round matches

HERBERT-QUERREY OVER 39.5 GAMES @ 1.92 pinnacle
Expect a long close 4-5 match with at least one tiebreaker between the two.

SASNOVICH TO DEFEAT FLIPKENS @ 1.41 pinnacle
Flipkens is not at her best for the last year or so. Sasnovich with much better baseline game and better recent form.

3 hours ago, Urosito said:

Why Popyrin is such a big favourite over M. Zverev?
Mischa had a great run at AO in 2017, I know he had a bad losing streak at the end of last season, but there's no reason not to beat such a mediocre kid like Popyrin.

Also, Gavrilova to beat Zidansek at 1.50 with WilliamHill should be a banker.

The market believes Zverev is carrying an injury, hence the big drift in his price on the exchange last couple of days. I couldn't find any official sources for any injury news, just some speculation on Twitter. Could be just someone ramping the price, who nows? I've already taken 6/4 on Zverev so I'm hoping its just misinformation. If fit, Zverev must have a big chance.

Harriet Dart to beat Maria Sharapova at 3.65 with Unibet

Masha is not what she once was. She'll have to work hard the coming months to get into gear and reach any sort of top 10 lever again but tonight will be a hard match for her. Harriet has been very solid in the beginning of this season and I backed her in Brisbane and will do so again here. She was great in Brisbane and I think there's more to come from her.

2 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Harriet Dart to beat Maria Sharapova at 3.65 with Unibet

Masha is not what she once was. She'll have to work hard the coming months to get into gear and reach any sort of top 10 lever again but tonight will be a hard match for her. Harriet has been very solid in the beginning of this season and I backed her in Brisbane and will do so again here. She was great in Brisbane and I think there's more to come from her.

Apologize for this one, I hope nobody followed 6-0 6-0 to Masha.

Mirza Basic to beat Henri Laaksonen at 2.10 with Unibet

Now everybody gets fooled and thinks Henri will this since he qualified for the maindraw and faces Mirza who is plain bad since he won that title in Sofia but I don't think it's that easily. Henri hasn't showed mutch before he qualified for this years AO and I doubt he will show mutch more on this surface for now. Henri isn't even at his best on hardcourt, he's more of a clay type of player I think and Mirza may have been bad after that title run in Sofia but he faces mostly top 100 players last season and started this season by beating Mattias Bachinger in straight sets in Doha qualies before going out in 3 sets to Sergiy Stakhovsky. Feels like Mirza should have a chance to win this match and the odds should be more even. Mirza isn't worth a shot if he faces players of better quality but Henri is not a player of better quality and Mirza is only the underdog because Henri successfully qualified but that doesn't make him better.

5 minutes ago, opole said:

Zoe Hives was the biggest gift i have seen for a while. 1.85 odds should have been around 1.2, she was absolutely schooling Mattek-Sands who looked mentally weak and out of shape. 61 62 Hives finally. Easy Money.

Yeah that one was easy.. btw did you see Katie Boulters match? She thought the match was over when she had the lead 7-4 in third set tie-break. Some players seem uninformed about the new rule of match tie-break to 10.

1 minute ago, four-leaf said:

Yeah that one was easy.. btw did you see Katie Boulters match? She thought the match was over when she had the lead 7-4 in third set tie-break. Some players seem uninformed about the new rule of match tie-break to 10.

She should have read the topic here. Hahaha.