** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2019

2 hours ago, DrO said:

Rafa looks very powerfull,but i still have a feeling that he wasn`t tested yet adequately.
Sure,he serves like he did in USO 2010 but he didn`t face any player with good return shot.

True, however, unlike Djokovic, he has not lost a set. He inexplicably lost a set to Shapovalov and was in command of the 2nd set against Medvedev but then lost it in a TB. Djokovic's serve looks quite vulnerable to be quite frank, something that I'm sure Nadal has noticed.

Nadal is playing on another level...

Edited by South_African_Punter

Rafael Nadal to win Australian Open 2019 at 1.80 with Bet365

If a miracle happens and Pouille wins tomorrow, this is going to be a massive value, but the real reason for me going for Nadal now instead of tomorrow is that I don't think that the odds are all that likely to increase. Djokovic would need to play really well for that to happen and I'm not convinced that he will, as he's had plenty of strange blips in this tournament already. I was looking forward to Tsitsipas getting something today, but Nadal was just spectacularly good and I think that he's the best player of the remaining trio at this moment in time.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, ogii55 said:

Serena injured her ankle when leading with 5:1 and having a MB. After the match she said that it wasn't the injury that helped Pliskova, but the great play of the Czech player. But I think that injury and the tough match against Halep affected her. Osaka seems a valid small favorite here, but it can be pretty close.

It wasn't injury imho. On the first match point she served an ace but foot fault was called and that played to her mentally. Sure on the next point she slipped a bit and wanted to play more safely but really after the foot fault I think there were no first serves in and she felt shaky except on the game where she had two MP's on Pliskova serve where Czech player pulled them off in style and aggression. After that Serena just gave up. When she walked of the court she was stunned as didn't understand what was going on there.
And we can remember events in US Open 2009 where she threatened lineswoman to shove ball down her throat. These kind of memories might upset and mess with your head.

Novak Djokovic/Lucas Pouille over 10.5 games first set at 4.10 with Unibet

Chances are that Novak will have to work hard for a break at the beginning and I can see the first set end in over 10 games. I think there value in this bet but this is a big risk I've taken but I think it's a bigger chance of over 10 games than the odds suggest.

On 23/1/2019 at 3:10 PM, darko08 said:

Novak Djokovic (-7.5 Games) to beat Lucas Pouille at 1.72 with bet365

Probably my last bet for this tournament. It’s unbelievable to see Pouille in the semifinal. He was in a very bad shape before coming here but he was absolutely lucky with the draw he had. My thoughts were that he would lose easily against Raonic but the Canadian showed us his worst version (that was unexpected considering that he easily won against tougher opponents than Lucas: Wawrinka, Zverev, Herbert,… and the fact that he never dropped a set in any of the 3 matches played against him). Anyway, this fairytale has come to an end because Lucas has to face Djokovic. I’m expecting from Djokovic to end this match by the fast way to get time to rest for the final against Rafa (I guess).

Looks like the line i chose was a little bit short..
I have Kvitova to win AO at 4.50 since a few days ago so im done for this AO

Edited by darko08

16 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Rafael Nadal to win Australian Open 2019 at 1.80 with Bet365

If a miracle happens and Pouille wins tomorrow, this is going to be a massive value, but the real reason for me going for Nadal now instead of tomorrow is that I don't think that the odds are all that likely to increase. Djokovic would need to play really well for that to happen and I'm not convinced that he will, as he's had plenty of strange blips in this tournament already. I was looking forward to Tsitsipas getting something today, but Nadal was just spectacularly good and I think that he's the best player of the remaining trio at this moment in time.

You can get odds around 2.15 for Nadal now.

I can't see any value in 1.80 for Nadal. Even 2.15 is questionable but obviously at those odds right now if you want to take a bet, then take Nadal at 2.15.

You might get better odds after the first service game Djokovic brings home.

No reason to take a pre game bet here. 

50/50 matchup, close odds, no value at all.

Leaning torwards Nadal as he LOOKED BETTER although both did well throughout the tournament but it was only a LOOK. This is a complete different matchup.

Edited by opole

Yeah, the odds for Nadal went up as a result of Djokovic crushing Pouille, but I don't believe that the reaction is adequate. I don't fancy Nadal as much as I was fancying him yesterday (when the bet was posted) anymore, but I still have him as a marginal favourite. If you're betting now, I'd still have a lean on Nadal at everything above evens. No bet on Osaka/Kvitova, so I'll be waiting only for Nadal and hope that he brings the bet in.

There is no much sense in trying to predict the winner considering the previous matches these 2 players had in this tournament because they are 2, 3 or 4 steps above that any other player (the semifinals has showed us the huge different between Nadal and Djokovic and the other players). Djokovic is not the favourite now for destroying Pouille today and Nadal was not the favourite yesterday for destroying Tsitsipas and for the 2 sets that Djokovic has lost against Daniil and Shapo. This is a 50-50 match to me so No Bet here and I will just enjoy the match.

On 24/01/2019 at 7:32 PM, CzechPunter said:

I'd like Osaka to win, but I think the odds are about right. Hopefully the roof won't be closed, that would help Kvitova big time.

Hi Czech. Do you think the Womens final will go to three sets. Also how much of a factor is the closing of the roof if it ever happens as would it favour Kvitova. And does Osaka also like playing when the roof is closed 

Women's Final between 2 hard hitters.  Enough has been said about the 2 finalists and the condition - roof open or close.... temperature will not be too hot and unbearable esp. for Kv.

I think maturity and big-stage experience has a slight edge here and odds at Pinnacle is good.

Kvitova to win the AO WTA title @1.88.

:cigar

36 minutes ago, opole said:

Can't see him winning Wimbledon. 

Agreed. He'll likely win the French Open and it's so hard to do the French Open and Wimbledon double. He's done it before obviously, but he was younger then and his body was in better shape.

Obviously Nadal must win tomorrow before winning wimbledon!  Providing that he will win tomorrow, then French Open is not that high target for him! Now, going to grass slam in London, the question is who can challenge him apart from Djokovic?  No one else in my humble opinion.  Federer proved to be a veteran than a real player. He truly frustrated me and all of his fans with his poor attitude he showed against Tsitsipas.  I See great opportunity for Nadal to make it 4/4 grand slams!  Lets see however what will happen tomorrow in the final!  I wish Djokovic not to ruin my estimation!  THanks to all of you dear members!

36 minutes ago, delfino said:

Obviously Nadal must win tomorrow before winning wimbledon!  Providing that he will win tomorrow, then French Open is not that high target for him! Now, going to grass slam in London, the question is who can challenge him apart from Djokovic?  No one else in my humble opinion.  Federer proved to be a veteran than a real player. He truly frustrated me and all of his fans with his poor attitude he showed against Tsitsipas.  I See great opportunity for Nadal to make it 4/4 grand slams!  Lets see however what will happen tomorrow in the final!  I wish Djokovic not to ruin my estimation!  THanks to all of you dear members!

I agree with your premise as Federer and certainly Murray are in decline but as for who can beat him at Wimbledon the answer is anyone who can serve and volley. As has been proven in the past, that doesn't even have to be one of the top players.

39 minutes ago, delfino said:

I disagree the French Open isn't a high priority for Nadal. I'm certain it is. He'll always want to win it for as long as he plays. Also Federer's attitude shouldn't have been a surprise if you saw him play at the US Open.