Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Championship Predictions > Jan 18th - 21st

hull city has been undervalued by the bookies. the odds don't make sense. they are playing this aston villa side showing clueless performance. they are defensively very poor and its been like that all season. they have done well to fight back in matches this season but this hull city team has won 6 in a row and scored roughy 25 goals going even further back. it's no brainer to back hull city

blackburn and derby are not bankers that's for sure. its best to stay away.

middlesbrough, nottingham forest and qpr is my treble this weekend. £50 pays back £500

sheff wed and stoke may claim draws in their games

Yeah can't quite work Villa out at the moment, seemed to be building up a head of steam...then some shocking performances, still there abouts for the play offs if they get their act together. I'd favour Villa but not really tempted to back them at the moment. 

Forest were dreadful against Reading, I just think the players were non-plussed by Kranks leaving. Hopefully they will get their heads screwed back on for Saturday and I believe it's a sell out for O'Neill's first game. We seem a fair price but again no bet for me.

I like Derby and Blackburn. I'll probably add them in with one or two of Darran's tips. Sheffield United should beat Swansea and I'll include them somewhere.

Edited by yossa6133

Norwich vs Birmingham

The Championship Friday night game serves up a mouth-watering encounter when promotion-chasing Norwich host play-off contenders Birmingham in a 7:45pm kick-off at Carrow Road. Neither side is experiencing the best form right now so the result here could play a pivotal role in how their seasons shape up between now and May.

Norwich are without a win in four league games now. It's a run of poor form that has seen Daniel Farke's side drop out of the automatic promotion spots. The positive stance on this is that the Canaries have only lost 1 of their matches during that run and it's now only 1 defeat in the league since 6th October, 2018. Win here and things will be back to normal.

Birmingham are finally looking like a really solid team under Garry Monk. The Blues are in 8th place and just 4 points outside the play-offs. Things could have been so much better though with the club now having gone three league games without a victory. Just 2 goals scored in their last 3 league games shows where the problem lies. The poor defensive record of Norwich might be a chance for the Blues to resolve that issue.

The Canaries boast one of the best home records in the division so I'm thinking that backing them to win might be the sensible choice. Birmingham have quiet an average away record and they might find this trip too much. Norwich might not have been winning games lately but they're still making themselves hard to beat and that could prove the difference here.

Norwich to Win @ 1.89 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.91 with Sportingbet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you all lining up here?

Norwich City v Birmingham City

Norwich City: Marco Stiepermann (24/3 m, probably in), Alex Tettey (25/1 m), Timm Klose (23/4 d), Moritz Leitner (19/2 m), Carlton Morris (0/0 f)

Birmingham City: Omar Bogle (15/1 f), Marc Roberts (5/0 d), David Davis (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Middlesbrough vs Millwall

The Championship throws up a game with decent value this weekend when promotion-hunting Middlesbrough will look to add to their points tally against an inconsistent Millwall in this 3pm kick-off this Saturday afternoon at the Riverside Stadium. Is there any chance of the away side taking anything from this game?

Middlesbrough are 5th in the league table and only 4 points outside the automatic promotion spots. Tony Pulis has used every day of his managerial experience to help push the side up the table. It had initially looked like a low key season after poor period between 23rd October and 22nd December that saw just 2 wins in 9 league games. However, Boro have now lost just 1 of their last 5 league games.

Millwall are struggling to match the standards set by last season's campaign of over-achievement. Three league wins on the bounce after Christmas had some thinking that Neil Harris was re-discovering that magic touch. Unfortunately, a disappointing 2-0 defeat at home to Blackburn has tempered expectations once again. The club is now down in 20th place and 5 points away from the relegation zone. Relegation itself still seems more unlikely than probable but you can never tell in this cruel division.

The home side have played Millwall twice previous at home in the Championship and have won both matches without conceding a goal. Worryingly, this stat gets even worse because Millwall have failed to keep a clean sheet against Middlesbrough in their last 12 league matches at all levels.

Pulis also appears to be a bit of a bogey manager for Millwall. The Newport native has now gone 9 games against Millwall without suffering a loss. The last time he suffered defeat to Millwall was during his time as Stoke manager and that was way back in April, 2003.

I think Middlesbrough have had their rough patch and they could well be a decent outside bet for automatic promotion. Pulis has the nous to get them through this tricky period of the season and they've only lost 3 of their 13 home matches this season. I expect them to improve that record even further here.

Middlesbrough to Win @ 1.91 with Blacktype

Middlesbrough to Win to Nil @ 2.75 with Betfred

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Brentford have failed to win in their last 13 away matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in 100% of their home matches in Championship.
Hull City have won their last 6 matches in Championship.
44% of Blackburn's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Ipswich Town conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
Derby County have drawn their last 3 home matches in Championship.
Reading have failed to win in their last 9 away matches in Championship.
Hull City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 176 Football Betting Streaks for 19.01.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-01-2019-13107

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

West Bromwich have scored in each of their last 11 matches in Championship.
Bolton conceded at least 1 goal in 77% of their home matches in Championship.
West Bromwich have scored 33% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their away matches in Championship.
Bolton have failed to score in 54% of their home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 41 Football Betting Streaks for 21.01.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-01-2019-13161

In particular, we have Bolton's game with West Brom and we will support the best team. This is West Brom, which ignores the joy of winning for three races, enough for her momentum and goals. Today, however, he has the opportunity to return to the three-pointer after a long while as he faces a subordinate team. From the most commercial points with a West Brom victory

BOLTON WANDERERS vs WEST BROMWICH ALBION @@ WEST BROMWICH ALBION, odds 1.80

Bolton vs West Brom

Yes, that's right, we have another Monday night football from the Championship. This week it's the turn of relegation-threatened Bolton and promotion-chasing West Brom who exchange blows in this absorbing clash tonight at the University of Bolton Stadium in an 8pm kick-off.

Bolton are once again involved at the wrong end of the table and it looks like this might be it for Phil Parkinson's side. The Trotters have been fighting against the odds for a while now but with the club in 23rd place, 3 points adrift of safety, and even Ipswich starting to catch them now it seems a bit hopeless. That being said, a win here tonight could potentially move them out of the bottom three.

West Brom have done well under Darren Moore but their inability to get wins in matches like this where they are expected to win is hampering their promotion efforts. The Baggies are in 4th place but it's close at the top. A win would have them knocking on the door of the top two. A defeat would leave them just inside the play-offs.

Wanderers are immediately up against it here. They are without the injured Norwich loanee Yanic Wildschut and Everton loanee Joe Williams. It's now just 1 win in their last 17 league games. The 6-0 hammering away to Hull just a few weeks ago will still be hurting.

Moore's side will welcome Matt Phillips back but Jake Livermore is still banned. The club is also without a win in their last three league games but the 1-1 draw at home against Norwich in their last league match will leave them with positives to look back on heading into this game.

If Bolton fans are looking for sparks of hope then they will find them in the head-to-head record. Bolton have only lost 1 of their last 13 home games in all competitions against West Brom. West Brom have also won just once in their last 10 meetings with Bolton. We should also go on to mention that Bolton love playing on a Monday night. The club has taken 17 of a possible 21 points from matches played on a Monday.

Is it worth using these historical statistics to back Bolton here? I'm not sure. I think this Bolton side is really struggling right now. At a push, I could see them snatching a point against a West Brom side that aren't quite on their game right now. A win is too much of a stretch though. I still think West Brom will sneak a win but it'll be tight.

West Brom to Win @ 1.83 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with SportingBet