Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Non-League Predictions > January 12th

After last Saturday I certainly needed a night like Tuesday and it was great to land the max bet with Solihull. I know I caused the price to collapse fairly quickly so I doubt most could get on at the bigger prices, but I never thought the price stopped being value and most importantly it was a winning bet. Spennymoor won as well but annoyingly Oxford City ended up only winning in extra time. I am leaving the FA Trophy alone this weekend as there doesn't seem to be much value. You could argue Dagenham are a big price, but Salford put out a strong team in the last round so it seems they are taking the competition seriously. Instead I have 5 bets in the league action that remains. 

Southport v Leamington (National League North)

It won't surprise you to read that I am tipping the home side to win here. They bounced back well from only getting a point against Nuneaton last Saturday by beating Guiseley on Tuesday night. I know I keep saying it but it is so frustrating that they started the season so badly because really they should be in contention for the title on what they have shown in recent weeks and given I put them up ante-post it is annoying. Granted Leamington have been very hard to beat. They have only lost 1 in their last 10 games although they have got a touch of the Chesterfield's because they have drawn 6 of their last 7 games. Despite that I think Southport are value here to get the 3 points at Marathons 21/20 although I would want to chase the price down too much.

Billericay v Chippenham (National League South)

Billericay finally got back to winning ways last Saturday after having a poor Christmas. Despite some players leaving they still have a strong side and a decent budget and I fancy them to get another 3 points here. Chippenham are having a bit of an injury crisis at the moment and it hasn't been helped by an illness going through the team either. They are trying to make additions the the side, but it looks likely they will come in the form of young loanees. In addition to that they are also in poor form at the moment. Their only win in their last 7 games came against a Hampton & Richmond side who are badly out of form and they lost to an Eastbourne side who hadn't exactly been doing a great deal last weekend. Billericay have been backed but they are still value for me at just over evens with Marathon.

Gloucester City v Hungerford (National League South)

It pains me to write these words, but I think Gloucester will go down this season. We haven't won in the league since September 1st and have scored just 17 goals in the league this season. I was at the East Thurrock game last week and we could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored. Chris Todd's appointment didn't work and he was sacked, but in his place we now have a coaching team of 5 ex players heading by Mike Cook who was assistant manager about 15 years ago and hasn't been a manger for a long time either. Obviously I hope it works, but I have my doubts. Last Saturday we only had 10 fit players and duly lost to a bad East Thurrock side. Two of those players have left since then and I am expecting new signings to come in ahead of Saturday, but unless it is hard to see how the squad can be improved much in the space of a few days. Hungerford aren't great either, but crucially they have won their last two games against Oxford City and Concord which certainly isn't to be sniffed at and they are showing a hell of a lot more than Gloucester are at the moment. What is most strange about this game is that Gloucester are being backed and Hungerford are a huge 21/10 with Bet365. It is only going to be a small bet for now, but I might upgrade it depending on what players we sign ahead of Saturday. Naturally I hope I lose my money here, but the price is too good to turn down.

Walton Casuals v Hartley Wintney (Southern League South)

The home side are very hard to beat at home. They have won all bar two of their last 9 league matches and home and just one of those was a defeat where the keeper was sent off when it was only 1-0. Wintney have only one won of their last 7 away from home and that was at a struggling Basingstoke side. I think there is definite value with going for another Casuals home win at 13/10 with Marathon.

Tonbridge Angels v Kingstonian (Bostik Premier)

Tonbridge annoyingly came from 2 down against Brightlingsea last Saturday to defeat our bet on them (frustratingly Brightlingsea were impressive winners on Tuesday against Bognor), but they face a tougher game here when 2nd place Kingstonian are the opponents. Kingstonian were one of my ante-post picks for this league and like Southport they were looking embarrassing picks early on, but they have zoomed up the table and like I say are now in 2nd place. The only game they have lost in their last 9 was to leaders Haringey and I think they look a good bet to continue the run against a struggling Tonbridge.

Southport 1pt @ 21/20 with Marathon

Billericay 2.5pts @ 26/25 with Marathon  

Hungerford 1pt @ 21/10 with Bet365

Walton Casuals 1pt @ 13/10 with Marathon

Kingstonian 1pt 38/25 with Marathon

Edited by Darran
46 minutes ago, buga00 said:

@Darran what you think about Bradford Pa odd ?  1,91 is not high ?  i knoow bradford comes 2 losses but i think a lot of value on they

A FCUM fan who follows me on Twitter says FCUM have two 18yo playing in central defence thanks to injuries and suspensions. No idea why BPA should be drifting. He has backed them and I have done so as well.