** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > January 8th

Darran

Saturday's results were rather painful and to not end up with at least 1 winner after the way the games had gone was pretty unfortunate. I can only remember 1 team I have backed blowing a 3 goal lead previously and then to have another blow a 2 goal lead on top of that is pretty tough to take. Anyway we move on to the mid-week action and I have 3 bets including the first max bet of the season.

Gateshead v Solihull

Gateshead lost their 1st home game since September against Maidenhead on Saturday and I think they will lose another one on Tuesday night. The home side are having all sorts of injury problems at the moment which means they can't even fill properly fill a subs bench at the moment and that includes 2 goalkeepers and a youth coach who had to come out of retirement to go on the bench against Maidenhead. The fact they only brought 1 sub on and that was in the 84th minute proves how badly they are suffering from injuries. They have recalled 1 player from a loan and have another coming back from suspension, but they are only a small squad and there is every chance a busy period with so few players is also going to play a factor here. The fact they lost to a truly dreadful Maidenhead on Saturday is also prove that this will be a tough game for them. Maidenhead only managed 1 shot on target the whole game and their keeper didn't have to make a proper save all afternoon either. Solihull are a hell of a lot better than Maidenhead and importantly their away form has been pretty strong of late. If you took the last 10 away league games then Solihull come out on top having lost just 3 in that time. Whilst Gateshead were struggling to muster a meaningful shot Solihull were putting 4 past Eastleigh. It was a very impressive performance and if they preform like that again then there will only be one winner. William Hill are biggest about an away win at 9/5 and I think that is massive because they should be favs given the strength of the team Gateshead will be able to put out. I suspect if Gateshead had played a better team than Maidenhead on Saturday it would have been a heavier defeat and Solihull and like I say they are much better than Maidenhead so hopefully they can do the business.

Spennymoor v Kidderminster

Kiddie sacked their manager on Monday which isn't a surprise given they have been struggling for wins over the last couple of months and suffered a heavy 3-0 defeat on Saturday at Darlington. They were really poor as well and this is a very tough game back in the North East. Spennymoor did lose to AFC Telford on Saturday, but that was only their 2nd defeat in their last 10 games and they look in much better shape than their opponents coming into this game. I would make them home side a shade of odds on to win this so 27/25 with Marathon looks a fair enough price.

Maidenhead v Oxford City 

There are 3 FA Trophy replays on Tuesday. I did put Havant up against Dover when the game was originally meant to be played before Christmas as Dover had put out a weakened side in the first game, but it is hard to know what sort of side Dover might put out given the busy festive period is now over so I will leave it for now. This game is sort of a replay because Oxford were in front before the game had to be abandoned so they are having to start again on Tuesday. I put City up that afternoon and I am doing so again and the surprising drift to 16/5 is very appealing. I can only imagine Maidenhead are being backed because they beat Gateshead on Saturday, but as mentioned above their is much more to the bare result. Oxford lost 1-0 to St Albans on Saturday, but they ought to have won really and St Albans were making it 7 games unbeaten. They did lose to Hungerford surprisingly on New Years Day, but prior to that they were unbeaten in 7 having won 6 of them. Given Maidenhead look a National League South side there is every chance Oxford can get back to winning ways here which will be deserved after having the first game abandoned about 15 minutes from the end.

Solihull 5pts @ 91/50 with Marathon

Spennymoor 2pts @ 27/25 with Marathon

Oxford City 1pt 19/5 with Marathon

22 minutes ago, Neubs said:

@Darran What do you think about the win from Bath City? Good in Form and in last Games looking strong in Defensive. Slough on other Side not the best Offensive Side and maybe they will have hard to fight for creating Chances....

I must admit I am surprised Slough have been backed into odds on across the board and couldn’t put anyone off backing Bath at the current prices .