Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - January 14 - February 3

battle of the tankers. women's tennis is embarrassing lol

I think this is why it was a no bet for me. 1st game in 3rd set, Mlad 30-40. She wins that game, she wins the set 6-0. These 2 have been incredibly weak.

Edited by Fader

But Ostapenko played better. Kristina won the 2nd set by doing nothing. She did the same tactic that a lot of players do when they play against Ostapenko: put the ball in the court and wait for the UE from Jelena. That worked just for the second set when Jelena was colder. Anyway, i will not bet in any match with Ostapenko involved for a long time :lol typical match from her.

Edited by darko08

Fantastic park Darko08 .. I was going to comment earlier but I completely butchered the Australian open .. so I think its best that I don't post any picks for a long while .. I needed Ostapenko to complete a very important parlay today , and she scared me alot in the second set.. but in the end was an amazing bet :cheers

I am taking a look at some matches in Cleveland .. I don't believe that Darian King is good indoors. I think Roy Smith or Petrovic might have a shot .. They are both taller players indoors which might help in the serving department.. But its pretty clear their opponents are better .. dynamic changes a bit in indoor conditions.. especially first match indoors for young 

definitely not pulling triggers on any of these cleveland guys yet .. I need some more info , or i might wait for in play but looks too risky atm

Edited by money44

Roy Smith to beat Donald Young at 5.75 with Unibet

Roy hasn't looked good at the start of this season but a first win over Gijs Brouwer could give him some momentum and perhaps he can play well enough to match Donald now. Roy isn't as bad as the odds suggest I think and he had a major ranking boost late last season when he reached his first challenger final which he lost to Brad Klahn. I saw Donald beat Collin Altamirano last friday but he didn't look to good, making many unforced errors and he consequently lost the semifinal after that to Brayden Schnur. If he does play like he did last week he could be in trouble in this match too. Small stake on Roy here.

Julia Gorges (2-0) to beat Vera Zvonareva at 1.95 with William Hill

My last bet for tomorrow is another 2-0. Gorges Is playing very well recently. She disappointed me in the AO losing against Danielle Collins (6-2, 6-7, 4-6), who surprisingly reached the semifinals, but won in Auckland (beating there Larsson, Barthel, Bouchard, Kuzmova and Andreescu) and Luxembourg. Her style fits perfectly in this kind of courts where the balls go fast (she’s a big hitting player with one of the best serves in the WTA). He defends semifinals from the last year where she finally lost in a 3 set match against the winner of the tournament: Kvitova. She won her first match here in straight sets against Maria Sakkari. Zvonariova will have the favour of the crowd but she’s not getting good results. She won in the first round here in straight sets against Makarova, who is out of form (6 losing streak). Before that she lost in straight sets against Astra Sharma in the first match of the qualy in the AO (3-6, 2-6).

Dudi Sela to beat Pedro Martinez Portero at 1.67 with William Hill

I'm not sure how much damage Sela will be able to do on the main tour from now on, but it's clear that he still has what it takes to win some Challenger matches. Starting the season late, he won the doubles last week after losing against Majchrzak in three sets in the singles, which is a result that nobody can blame him for given how well that guy was playing against Nishikori. Portero doesn't look like a big threat to me and I'd have the odds at the 1.40 mark here.

I will say that young is playing extremely well .. and I think he's going to come back and win . I suggest hedging your bet if you take Smith at the great price offered pre-match 

Edited by money44

1 hour ago, money44 said:

I will say that young is playing extremely well .. and I think he's going to come back and win . I suggest hedging your bet if you take Smith at the great price offered pre-match 

I was asleep and could not hedge any bet but I just woke up and saw it wasn't neccesarry with Roy winning in the decider by a 7-5 score in the breaker.

Nicola Kuhn to beat Seb Ofner at 1.55 with Unibet

Had a huge bet on Nicola to beat Fed Gaio last round and he did so convincingly and beating Seb shouldn't be bigger problems than winning the previous round even though Seb is ranked a bit higher. Nicola is defenitely on the rise and should crack top 200 rather sooner than later. Seb has been cold as the current weather in Stockholm right now for a long time and I don't expect any heroics from him here either.

Katie Boulter to beat Ekaterina Alexandrova at 3.55 local bookie

I can understand why Ekaterina are the favourite in this one but there's always value on a lucky loser. Katie also beat Ekaterina last time they met in Southsea last season on grass in straight sets and I can see her winning this time also. Unibet offers 3.25 on Katie so turned to my local bookie this time instead where the odds were higher.

Roy Smith to beat Darian King at 4.30 with Unibet

I trust in Roy again, this is a guy who will climb the rankings, he's good and deserves some credit for beating Donald Young. Darian King is hardly a better player than Donald Young and I'm not so sure if Darian is playing better right now than Donald does and even if he plays well Roy can beat anyone in the top 200-300 and he should estabilsh himself in the top 200 rather sooner than later.

Not fixed, mate, that was just a f*****g typical joke from the WTA. Gorges was playing excellent. She took the first set and was leading the second set 3-2 with one break over. She conceded the first Break Point in the sixth game of the second set and what happened there? Zvonareva broke her and Julia decided to quit from the match.
Vekic at least has won her match 2-0 but Gorges pissed me off a lot for how the match went..

@four-leaf Darien king did not impress me at all when I watched some of his match versus Petrovich I think you’re onto something there again. It seemed like it was more Petrovich that was just playing very poor and king looked a little bit out of shape if you ask me and his serve did not look nearly as potent as what Smith has

Also I know I’m spelling Petrovich his name wrong but I’m on mobile and I’m too lazy to change it

Edited by money44

@money44 I think Roy Smith is a rough diamond waiting to get polished, he seems to have a serve that makes wonders and he makes me think of Christopher Eubanks who has a big weapon in his serve. Roy could easily destroy Darian if Darian is caught with his guard down (bad serves, lack of footwork, UEs from left and right).

Let's hope this one works as well :hope

Vera Zvonareva to beat Daria Kasatkina at 2.14 with 888

Kasatkina saved the first round because Sharapova withdrew (Im almost sure that Sharapova would have won that match easily). She lost in the first round against Bacsinszky (6-3, 6-0) in the AO, against Sasnovich in Sydney in the first round (6-1, 6-4) and against Kimberly Birrell in Brisbane also in the first round (5-7, 6-4, 7-6). The last time that she won a match was in October against Qiang Wang so she’s now in a bad shape. Now she has to face another Russian player who will be very motivated after her comeback against Julia.