Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Darran

Non-League Predictions > January 5th

New Year's Day could hardly have gone any better and it was a cracking start to 2019. Hopefully that will continue on the first Saturday of the year and I have 6 bets.

Chesterfield v Ebbsfleet

Martin Allen may have gone, but Chesterfield have gone back to drawing again. They have now drawn both games since he got the sack after losing 4-0 to Solihull. I don't think they will go down as any team who can go unbeaten for so long can't be that bad, but they clearly need to start picking up 3 points. I don't think they will do that here and I fancy Ebbsfleet. As I mentioned on New Year's Day Ebbsfleet are flying at the moment and were really impressive in beating Braintree on Tuesday. Granted they are the worst side in the division, but even so the way they went about beating them was particularly impressive. They are top of last 10 games form table at the moment and I think they should be favourites to win this. 

Dagenham & Redbridge v Boreham Wood

Backing Dagenham a week ago didn't pay off, but they are again a bizarrely big price to win this. They did lose 1-0 to Barnet and then lost by the same scoreline to Orient on Tuesday, but they are clearly still in good form despite those two defeats. I can't understand why they aren't favs for this. Boreham Wood have only won 2 away games all season and the last of those was back on September 18th. Granted they have drawn the same they have lost (6) and they have drawn 5 of their last 6 on their travels, so some people might want the draw onside here. In my view though Dagenham are overpriced to win the game and I am happy to take them to get the 3 points. 

Blyth Spartans v Alfreton (National League North)

Blyth have been flying in recent weeks and haven't lost in 9 games in the league. They had a tough start to the season, but all of a sudden they now look play-off contenders. They have won 6 of their last 8 and the two draws came in the two games against Spennymoor over Christmas. Alfreton have shown a little more since their 7-1 thrashing by Spennymoor. They drew against Stockport, got 4 points over the two Boston games and also lost to Southport. That's not a bad return, but with Blyth in such good form they really should have the edge in this one.

Tonbridge Angels v Brightlingsea Regent (Bostik Premier)

I opposed Tonbridge on Boxing Day when Folkestone beat them 3-1 at a big price and they then went on to lose 3-0 to Carshalton last Saturday. I think it is worth opposing them again here especially as they face an in form team in the shape of Brightlingsea. Those two defeats for Angels mean they have lost 7 of their last 8 games and Regent have won 5 of their last 6. It seems to me that this is one of those games where bookies have priced it up on league positions rather than actual form because it is pretty hard to make a case for the home side at such short odds and they are well worth taking on again.

Kings Lynn v Leiston (Evo-Stik Southern Premier Central)

I make it 15 games unbeaten for Kings Lynn now and it is a shame for them that they had the wrong manager at the start of the season and that Kettering and Stourbridge have pulled away, because they clearly should be in the title battle. They are up to 3rd but they look too far behind the other two to catch them. Still it wont stop them trying and they should be more than capable of beating Leiston. Granted they haven't lost in 5, but on the other-hand they have only won 2 of their last 9 games and they now face one of the best teams in the division.

Bamber Bridge v Grantham (Evo-Stik Northern Premier)

Fair to say it has been a bit of an up and down season for Grantham. They were very good at the start then woeful and at the moment they have re-found their form again having only lost one of their last 5. They have won 3 of them including beating Basford and Gainsborough which were decent efforts. I think they are over priced here to beat a Bamber Bridge side who have only won two of their last ten and have only won one of their last 5 games at home

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 2/1 with Marathon

Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 101/50 with Marathon

Blyth Spartans 2.5pts @ 103/100 with Marathon

Brightlingsea Regent 1pt @ 21/10 with BetVictor

Kings Lynn 3pts @ 24/25 with Marathon

Grantham 1pt @ 21/10 with BetVictor

Edited by Darran

Cheers Darran. I've no access to BetVictor, but Betstars (not on oddschecker these days) are good value on a few of these as a couple shorten. Buggers wouldn't even let me put a quid on the treble, though lol.

Kings L 1.95

Bright... 3.15 

Grantham 3.05 

St. Neots are on a terrible run so I can't quite work out how a reasonably performing Royston Town are 13/10 to win away there on Saturday? Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks for the tips as always Darran

Also I like the look of free-scoring Wimborne to win away against Frome at around 6/4

Edited by Johnmccain
Addition

29 minutes ago, Johnmccain said:

St. Neots are on a terrible run so I can't quite work out how a reasonably performing Royston Town are 13/10 to win away there on Saturday? Perhaps I'm missing something?

Thanks for the tips as always Darran

Also I like the look of free-scoring Wimborne to win away against Frome at around 6/4

I had a look at Royston but just 2 wins in the last 10 isn't great although like you say St Neots are on a terrible run of from.

Hartlepool vs Maidstone (1) -0.75 1.85 1u

Hartlepool had a good game last game and their form seemed to have picked up with new manger. Maidstone on the other hand played bad and offered very little vs Dover last game.

Gateshead vs Maidenhead (1) 1.93 1u

Maidenhead's away form a woeful and i expect that to continue here. Gateshead topscorer has since finished his loan, but i simply can't see Maidenhead doing any better than their last game where they just had a solitary shot on target.

Not sure what I did to deserve a day like that! Not sure how I managed not to have 1 winning bet given what happened in the games. Ebbsfleet missing a 99th minute penalty with Chesterfield having a defender in goal summed up the day.