** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 Finish continued

waggy

1297.   £50  Werder Bremen @1/1 (v Heidenheim, German Relegation 2nd leg, 19.30)

1st leg was 0-0 with WB the better side but Heidenheim defending well. The second leg will have Heidenheim having to do more than defend so I expect WB to come out on top.

That game really illustrated the Highs and Lows of punting and how quickly things can change. Bremen took the lead very early and it looked as though that would be enough for the win with five minutes to go plus stoppages (High), then Heidenheim got an equaliser and with such little time left it looked as though it would be a draw (Low). Then a few minutes into injury time Bremen scored and surely that was going to secure the win (High), only for Heidenheim to be awarded and convert a penalty with almost the last kick (Low). Phew. That must have been exhausting if you were following it @waggy. Still, at least it wasn't one of your big bets :ok

Great post Torque. When Bremen scored their goal in injury time I thought that was it. Extra time seems to be getting longer and longer and sometimes it works in your favour but not this time. Funnily enough this doesn't come in my top ten of bizarre finishes over the years. I should write a book on my bets over the last fifty plus years but nobody would believe some of them. You should be into sports journalism Torque, even I found your write-up exciting until I realised I had lost the bet.