** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 Finish continued

waggy

Thanks for your interest Blinking Spirit. Looking back over at least 55 years of betting how things have changed over that time. At the start my main information came from the Sporting Life and such characters as Prince Monolulu. All very basic stuff. Today with the internet how much easier it is. With all my present day bets I do varying amounts of study. How I envy all the 'maths' punters who can work out stats etc at the drop of a hat. My way is a lot more basic. I usually look at recent results in football and do a varying amount of different kinds of bets to suit the situation. For instance: Arsenal can't defend, Newcastle can't score etc. In golf and cricket the weather plays a big part so I look at the weather forecasts for these events. Despite all this studying I still 'chase' my losses and do silly bets in a moment of stupidity. As for the England/Tonga game I thought the bet was a 'good thing' but I didn't anticipate the number of substitutions England would make which broke up the game. Over the years I've made good money and lost good money but at least it's not been boring. My record on this site has been patchy to say the least but I am hopeful of getting it right this time.