** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 Finish continued

waggy

23 hours ago, 38sdk1 said:

I’m going to ask the same question to Heisenberg68 and to waggy.

What are you trying to achieve here?

At the moment, both threads look worryingly like people chasing their losses, and handing lots of money to the bookies, without any real game plan, or strategy that has any chance of succeeding.

I think waggy has addressed this question this quite a few times over the thread. My understanding is that he has a balance set aside for this adventure that is disposable. Its already lasted a long time. If it goes it goes, if he hits a great streak then amazing! He's not offering a strategy or suggesting people follow his method/bets.

Hope I'm not stepping on your response @waggy, I personally enjoy your thread and often cross reference your value picks with my own.

15 hours ago, Larkin22 said:

I think waggy has addressed this question this quite a few times over the thread. My understanding is that he has a balance set aside for this adventure that is disposable. Its already lasted a long time. If it goes it goes, if he hits a great streak then amazing! He's not offering a strategy or suggesting people follow his method/bets.

Agreed, asked ad nauseum and answered fully.

The thread's been running for 2 and a half years so 10 completed quarters. From a quick scan yesterday I make it that the thread has been in profit at the end of all 10 quarters and that 7 of them were profitable and only 3 returned a loss. Obviously there have been some big swings along the way due to some "unwise" staking (a subjective term but one that there would probably be a consensus for).

I'd love to know the level stakes return for the thread but I'm fairly sure it would show a profit. Some of us would never have allowed £4k of profit to be lost so quickly but may not have achieved it in the first place with a more conservative approach to staking.

The thread is what it is and the only thing I can see to object to is the staking approach. But this is the "Glory Hunt" section on a betting forum. If nudity offends you, don't go to a strip club.

8 minutes ago, 38sdk1 said:

I’m a bit baffled here. 

Must be the multiple identities you post under to perpetuate your bizarre obsession with another poster!

10 minutes ago, 38sdk1 said:

You’ve - deservedly in my opinion - gone in really hard on Heisenberg68, and criticised their approach to things on here

Re the other thread, it's not really been my intention to go in hard but I've ended up frustrated after trying to be constructive across so many threads that have all gone the same way. If he started a typical "I've got 1000 points and I'm going to try and turn it into 5000, no rules" thread I'd probably have ignored it and let it run it's course (we see plenty of those peter out quickly enough). It's the trail of abandoned threads in quick succession that has frustrated me but I suppose the fair question is "why am I bothered" so perhaps best to leave him to it now.

21 minutes ago, 38sdk1 said:

on this thread, you’ve taken the complete opposite stance, and said ‘the thread is what it is,’ and basically told people to avoid the Glory Hunters section, if they want to avoid threads like this.

Not "people", just you. You've made the same point over and over again and had a clear response.

24 minutes ago, 38sdk1 said:

Why the huge contradiction? I don’t see any difference in what Heisenberg68 is doing and what waggy is doing:

And therein lies your problem, some deep seated personal enmity that robs you of all perspective. This thread has been running for over 2 and a half years as opposed to a trail of abandoned threads over the last few months, all with a rigid set of rules that were flagrantly not followed.

31 minutes ago, 38sdk1 said:

Am I missing something? Why have you given one poster a really hard time and another a free pass, for what appears to be very similar behaviour?!

You're presumably dredging up stuff from years ago, I'm confining my comments to what I've seen on this thread. We had a similar conversation via private message (you under a previous identity) when you tried to encourage me to be critical of Waggy. I guess we'll just have to agree to differ.

Anyway, I've no wish to hi-jack this thread with any more of our ultimately pointless piffle so I'll make this my final word on an already exhausted subject.

2237.  £100 LASLO DJERE @1/2 (v Daniel Altmaier)

Kitzbuhel Tennis (Austria) 13.00

2238.  £25 GREAT BRITAIN WOMEN @23/20 (v Canada)

Olympic Football 12.00

2239.  Vikingur Gta v NSI Runavik btts Yes  2  x  £100 @2/5  -  £90 @4/9

Faroe islands Premier League 19.00