** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 Finish continued

waggy

1 hour ago, waggy said:

No risk on this 'chasing' bet I hope. 

I suspect all of our banks would be in much healthier shape if there were "no-risk" 4/9 shots knocking around in abundance! Even I might be tempted to up my stake slightly! :)

I hope it wins for you even if I wish you could control your staking a little better but I accept that it's different strokes for different folks. I do sometimes get the feeling you're a little weary of the thread and want to bring it to an end.

Very wise of you Harry to pick up on my feeling a bit weary about the thread because that was just what I was thinking this morning. Much as I wish to manage the staking more sensibly I realise that it is going against my nature. At the moment my mind is more about the house improvements that I am in the middle of rather than betting. But of course it only takes a few good results to rekindle the enthusiasm.

Sorry Gooner, and yes it was quite a lot. I had the intention to give up this thread if it had gone down. Yorkshire have a good strong squad this year so it may be a good idea to keep them on my 'good bets' list.

Sorry it lost but no sympathy as such because the stake was your choice and the outcome was ultimately inevitable if you carried on betting that way. I guess you can focus on the home improvements now although I think I’d have taken a break from betting and the thread until I was ready again. As has been said before though, viva la difference!

What now, end the thread as you’ve stated? Is that it for you in terms of betting full stop or just posting bets?

This thread has always been a bit like a TV programme featuring dangerous stunts; for all our younger punters out there, don’t try this at home!

No problem for me Harry. £82 loss in 2.5 years is not life changing. This is not a thread to financially follow of course. The thread will continue as long as I want it to but of course it will end if my starting bank of £2020 is lost. These days betting is a hobby with no financial impact whatsoever for me. Advice: Enjoy punting but only bet with what you can afford to lose. 

Edited by waggy