** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 Finish continued

waggy

58 minutes ago, waggy said:

I think Mumbai City are nailed on to win today and as I am betting with the profit I have made so far I will put my money where my mouth is and put further bets on them. £150 @7/10   -   2 x £150 @8/11  

Can’t say I follow the Indian league but looking at the table looks like a decent bet :hope 

£600 on them however is quite a lot!

1 minute ago, waggy said:

1843 result: Mumbai lost 2-4. Lost £600

Profit to date £552.49

Got that one badly wrong. But will recover in time, that's for sure.

Done very well to make the thread last as long as you have but did you need to bet soo much? £300 would have been fine no? 

You built it back a few times before so you can again you just have to cut out these big bets. 

7 minutes ago, SteffiSteffiGraf said:

How does it feel when you take the time to give good advice, and it gets ignored time and time again?!

I feel bad for you Gooner, I think it’s completely disrespectful to ignore someone’s advice like that.

I know its very difficult to stop chasing loses we have all done it and it is why 99% of us fail when it comes to gambling. Its only advice, the hard part is taking the advice when things are going badly.

Going for broke tonight with a further bet of £150 @5/4 on Verona. Still be in profit if it goes down.

Welcome back again Potus, can't believe I saw a small compliment in amongst your comments.

Good advice Gooner but I won't change for a while.

18 minutes ago, waggy said:

Going for broke tonight with a further bet of £150 @5/4 on Verona. Still be in profit if it goes down.

Welcome back again Potus, can't believe I saw a small compliment in amongst your comments.

Good advice Gooner but I won't change for a while.

I was a bit confused when I saw what I thought at the time was a compliment lol.

£550 on a 5/4 shot!? Might have to throw a tenner on if your that confident :lol 

3 hours ago, JdsGooner90 said:

I was a bit confused when I saw what I thought at the time was a compliment lol.

£550 on a 5/4 shot!? Might have to throw a tenner on if your that confident :lol 

I decided to jump on the wagon too. If we die, then we die together.?? I don't usually join but didn't bet on anything today so threw a fiver for fun. Hooray! We all win together now! ????

hard not to chase like Gooner said but at least if you did lose, you're just losing the profit you gained, not your own money. 

1844 result: Verona won 2-1. Won £687.50

Profit to date £1239.99

Quite an eventful day and a good ending thank goodness. Nice to see you both had a winning bet(s) too. I am used to this type of betting but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. After nearly sixty years of gambling I now only get a buzz out of the big bets. Now back on a better profit base I will have to try and consolidate a bit for a while.

You know what @waggy if that's the way you like to bet then fair enough and who is anyone to argue with you. As long as it doesn't affect your life then there's no reason not to carry on the way you want to. Anyone of a reasonable mind could be concerned when someone bets like you do about whether you can afford it - whether you're using money that's needed for other things - and about whether it affects your mental health or puts a strain on your personal life. But if none of those things are happening then good luck to you :ok

Excellent post Torque. When I started this thread it was for 20 months and I started out with £2020, which works out at about £25 a week which I think is what most people can afford. As I was in profit the bets were able to rise as I was betting with the profits. As it stands now I could lose the profit and the stake and it would only have cost me about £20 per week in total.

The concerns you raise should be read by everyone. Bet within your means. 

5 minutes ago, SteffiSteffiGraf said:

I think the ‘Can you afford it?’ question is certainly one factor, and perhaps even the key factor, for most people.

However, as Torque alluded to, there are other issues at play as well. Could the money be better spent elsewhere? Could your time be better spent elsewhere? What effect does this pursuit have on your energy and mental health? What effect does it have on other aspects of your life, and has it in fact taken over your life? What are you trying to gain from all this, and what are you actually gaining from all this?

I say all of this as someone who had very similar betting patterns and mindsets to what you appear to have. I just don’t see how this can be a positive use of your time, energy and money. I feel like other members of the forum are more and more starting to suggest the same to you. If only we could stage some kind of online intervention........ 

Obviously, waggy can afford it as stated above. He also obviously enjoys betting so it is a positive thing for him in other aspects like time, energy and mental health. Some people find betting like a hobby, an interest and a way of releasing stress sometimes when looking into what to bet, reading previews etc. 

Again, you can have your own opinions but this thread has nothing to do with you. You've stated your opinion once, that's enough. There's no need to go on. Waggy can do what he likes and as long as he can afford the lost, it's fine. It's his way of betting for many years of his life and he's still surviving. So let him be. 

Think this sounds more about you Steffi than me. Having been retired for 18 years this is one of my hobbies. Keep very fit, no mortgage, no debt and no mental problems. As for intervention what would that be about. This thread has been going over two years at no cost to me whatsoever, so what's the problem. I enter most competitions on here and enjoy studying sports form. 

As I said, I have no problems whatsoever, but if you don't like the thread don't read it. 

If you feel the need to vent your obvious frustrations with life feel free to voice them if it makes you feel better. 

Enjoy reading your punts waggy.

I think people need to recognise the difference between someone;

promoting a system that they think will create a good ROI

and

someone who wants to have fun on a hobby within their means and might get lucky

It's nice to check in on someone to make sure they are in control, but it should come from a place of care and not bitterness.

You ever think of drip removing profits when you are on a good run waggy? 

Thanks Larkin for your input.

You hit the nail on the head as this is a  hobby and a bit of fun. I also invest in the stock market which I do take a bit more seriously. Good idea for some the removing of a bit of the profit but not for me at the moment. Over the past nearly 60 years I have really enjoyed some great betting times, good and bad and met some great characters along the way, it's good to keep my hand in. Nice to hear from you.