** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Dec 29th

champratings.jpg

The Championship continues its rigorous schedule with a full fixture list this weekend. Here are the odds and ratings for Saturday's matches. Let us know what you think the bets to back are! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! :ok

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian.

On a sidenote, @yossa6133, what's all this talk about Forest fans starting a campaign to keep Karanka as manager? He's not under pressure, surely?

I´m on Swansea and a Combo with Middlesbrough and WestBrom...

Swansea not with the luck on his Side in last 2 Games. Specially the Game againts Hull was unlucky for them. 3 Goals against them very late in 10 Minutes. Against poor Away Team Wigan i see them Grab all 3 Points.

Only real value I see is in the Championship this weekend!

Birmingham vs. Brentford

I think Birmingham have been outstanding of late and comfortably beating Stoke was no mean feat. Stoke have become extremely difficult to break down, and to be honest I think the bookies are overestimating Brentford. Despite the good squad, I am not sure the new manager was the best appointment. One could argue they've turned a corner of late but I don't think a win against lowly Bolton or a draw against another misfiring team in Bristol City can amount to that. I would be tempted to take Birmingham with a -1 handicap but instead I'm just going for the straight win at just over evens.

Preston vs. Aston Villa

Preston are a team that consistently overachieve and, much like my team Sheffield United, have a squad full of players that the divisions top teams' fans would not consider to be top Championship players like their own. I am a huge fan of Callum Robinson, but he has been out since November and I think Preston have suffered, and I just think Aston Villa will be able to outscore them. If I was pushed I would opt for Villa to win and over 3.5 goals, but instead I will just go with the Villa win at just over evens again.

Bolton vs. Stoke

We all know that Bolton are going through some issues right now, and after their great start to the season they are truly in a relegation dogfight. Honestly, I expect them to go down as the bottom team. I don't think they will have much transfer activity this January and, if anything, they will lose players rather than gain them. Stoke will look to bounce back after losing to Birmingham and being comfortably beaten, and I expect Rowett to instill to them a must-win mentality in this game. They have gotten in to a habit of drawing their away games and winning home games recently, but I have them to win this one at just under evens.

Bristol City vs Rotherham

The first match I'm previewing ahead of these Championship games is one of the "less-fashionable" fixtures coming up. It's Bristol City hosting Rotherham in a 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon at Ashton Gate and I'm backing it because I think the home side come into it as firm favourites due to the away side's form.

Bristol City are in a safe 12th place. Lee Johnson continues to perform adequately with a side that isn't quite competing with the best teams in the division in terms of spending power but they remain just 7 points off the play-offs and 11 points clear of the relegation zone.

Rotherham are struggling right now. Paul Warne's side did briefly look like they might avoid relegation this season when they went on a run of just 2 defeats in 13 league games from September through to December. Unfortunately, those 13 games produced 10 draws. If even half of those draws had been victories then the Millers would comfortably mid-table rather than in 21st place and just 1 point above the bottom three.

The Robins have struggled to get wins at home this season earning 3 points in just 25% of their home matches. However, they play a Rotherham side that haven't picked up a win in their 12 away games this season. The head-to-head record also points towards a home win with City undefeated in the past four league games against Rotherham and Rotherham having won only 1 of their last 5 trips to Ashton Gate.

A solid home win has to be backed here. City are unbeaten in their last six league games and Rotherham haven't won a league game since 3rd November. You have to go back to 17th April for their last away league win. If I had to pick a correct score then I'd go for 2-0 or 3-1 to Bristol City.

Bristol City -1 @ 2.88 with SpreadEx

Anytime Scorer: Famara Diedhiou @ 2.50 with BetVictor 

Birmingham vs Brentford

My second preview of the weekend focuses on a game that @Johnmccain has backed already. Play-off chasing Birmingham host a struggling Brentford in this 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon at St Andrew's. Who will prevail in this match between two sides looking to extend undefeated runs?

Birmingham have been a work-in-progress under Garry Monk for about a year now. It finally appears that the board's patience with Monk's approach is paying off. The Blues are in 7th place and just 2 points outside the play-offs. It's been two wins on the bounce for the club and they'll be hoping to make it three wins in a row here to potentially move into the top six.

Brentford have found times hard since the departure of Dean Smith but his replacement Thomas Frank grabbed a deserved 1-0 win at home to Bolton before grinding out a 1-1 draw away to Bristol City to make for a more positive mood over the festive period. The Bees are in 18th place but now only 5 points clear of relegation. Defeat here could damage morale once again.

The travelling side have a lot to be optimistic about heading into this game. Brentford have remained undefeated against Birmingham in their last four league meetings. Furthermore, Brentford could make it three wins on the bounce at St Andrew's for the first time since December 1990.

I'm expecting this to be a typically tough festive game for both sides. Weary legs and lapses in concentration could play a huge part but I fully expect Birmingham to come away with the win here. Brentford have stung me before though. Still, I think there's something steely about this Blues side and I'm not convinced that the recent results of the Bees are a long term turn around in fortunes.

Birmingham to Win @ 2.30 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.80 with RedZone

QPR vs Reading

I'm not too sure how many times I've turned to QPR and Reading for a preview tip before but it's not too many. I make the exception here with the two sides meeting in a 3pm kick-off this Saturday afternoon at Loftus Road with the home side enjoying far better form than the away side.

QPR appear to be performing well under Steve McClaren against all expectations. The former England manager has guided the Hoops to 8th place over the festive period after notching up three straight league wins. Before that run they had endured a winless streak of four league games. The club is now just 2 points off the play-offs.

Reading are on the opposite end of the spectrum. After sacking Paul Clement back on 6th December, the club turned to Jose Gomes just 6 days ago to turn things around. Since he arrived, the club has lost 1-0 twice against Middlesbrough and Millwall. It's not an ideal start and it seems hard to imagine a man that has managed 10 clubs in 13 years in Portugal, Hungary, UAE, and Saudi Arabia will be the man to save the Royals.

QPR have won three of their last four league encounters with Reading but Reading have only 3 of their last 15 visits to Loftus Road so they will have every right to feel that this ground is a lucky venue for the club. Still, it's going to take a big effort to build confidence in a squad that has dropped to 23rd in the table and are now 3 points adrift of safety.

I have to back the home side here. Reading were on to a hiding to nothing when they appointed Clement. It will take a complete overhaul of philosophy and playing style to save them and the new manager, with his absence of experience in English football, will need to somehow do it in the space of just 22 league games. It must also begin with a visit to the team that possesses the 4th best home record in the division. Not looking too likely.

QPR to Win @ 1.67 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.81 with 888Sport

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

75% of Middlesbrough's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Birmingham City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Rotherham have failed to win in their last 8 matches in Championship.
Brentford conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
Ipswich Town conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 12 away matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 159 Football Betting Streaks for 29.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-29-12-2018-12829

West Bromwich v Sheffield Wed

West Bromwich: Dwight Gayle (21/13 f, top scorer), Kyle Bartley (15/1 d)(both doubtful)

Sheffield Wed: Fernando Forestieri (12/3 f, doubtful), Gary Hooper (0/0 f), Kieran Lee (0/0 m), Sam Winnall (0/0 f), Almen Abdi (0/0 m)

Birmingham City v Brentford FC

Birmingham City: Kristian Pedersen (22/1 d, doubtful), Marc Roberts (5/0 d), David Davis (0/0 m), Isaac Vassell (0/0 f)

Brentford FC: Chris Mepham (22/0 d, doubtful), Lewis Macleod (16/3 m), Emiliano Marcondes (3/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Championship have low odds today without interesting except two matches for me.

Blackburn rovers fight leeds united straight at the last game and i believe now with Sheffield united has the same opportunity to give problems on hosters with counter attacks and i believe Sheffield haven`t the same strength with leeds to react. Odds 6.00.

The best wicked match for me today is QPR - READING. Big position difference but the same attack for two teams. And will see a Reading in the last four away games to fight strong. I suggest to have one eye on this game. We have great away odds on 5.50.