** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - January 7 - January 13

1 hour ago, South_African_Punter said:

Schwartzmann to beat Nishioka @ 1.75 SportingBet

I think bookies are over-reacting to Nishioka's win over Rublev, who didn't seem to be near his best. Schwartzmann, known for his return game, should be able to easily overcome Nishioka.

We think on the same way. 

Ashleigh Barty (-2,5 games) to beat Kiki Bertens at 1.83 with 888

Finally, I will post one bet for this week. I think Barty is better player in this surface than Kiki. He has played against Ostapenko (6-3, 6-3), Halep (6-4, 6-4) and Mertens (6-3, 6-3). Kiki has played only 2 matches against easier players, Bernarda Pera (7-5, 6-4) and Putintseva (6-2, 6-2). Barty dominates 2-0 the h2h against Kiki (6-3 and 6-1 in the Canadian Master 2018 and 2-6, 6-3 and 7-5 in Brisbane 2014), both matches played in hard. The last reason is that Barty plays at home so the crowd will be with her.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Cameron Norrie to beat Jan-Lennard Struff at 2.06 with Marathon

Both guys have been playing really well recently, but Norrie has been a touch better imo and he should also be much fresher for this one after Struff's epic against PCB. 

+ Struff is playing the double as well I think.

Week 2 is already over for me, i close the book for the week and i only take one bet this week and i think it was a smart decision as the tournaments went really strange, also AO qualies were really tough although i didn't follow that closely as i was too busy with my job including a two day travel to London till yesterday.

WEEK 2

WON: 1
VOID: 0
LOST: 0
STAKED: 4
BACK: 7.42
BALANCE: +3.42
YIELD: 85.5%

Overall

WON: 18
VOID: 0
LOST: 21
STAKED: 135
BACK: 162.3
BALANCE: +27.3
YIELD: 20%

Good luck everyone for the last three days of the week and keep up the good work in here guys.:ok

Next week we'll have a big big amount of work to do ...i am already taking my first bets, i hope we have a good discussion over in the Open topic.

Renzo Olivo (+5.5) to beat Ilya Ivashka at 1.82 with Pinnacle

I've already spent way too much time thinking about this one, so let's just throw it in and hope for the best. I liked Olivo back a few years ago and, even though he had a really crappy 2018, there's clearly still some talent in his body given his good performances this week. Trusting his fairly small frame on a hard court is a bit tough given how well Ivashka can serve, but the handicap compensates for that at 5.5, which is - in general - really high in men's tennis. The bet is more about my gut feeling at the end of the day.

19 hours ago, darko08 said:

Ashleigh Barty (-2,5 games) to beat Kiki Bertens at 1.83 with 888

Finally, I will post one bet for this week. I think Barty is better player in this surface than Kiki. He has played against Ostapenko (6-3, 6-3), Halep (6-4, 6-4) and Mertens (6-3, 6-3). Kiki has played only 2 matches against easier players, Bernarda Pera (7-5, 6-4) and Putintseva (6-2, 6-2). Barty dominates 2-0 the h2h against Kiki (6-3 and 6-1 in the Canadian Master 2018 and 2-6, 6-3 and 7-5 in Brisbane 2014), both matches played in hard. The last reason is that Barty plays at home so the crowd will be with her.

by 0.5 game but it's in :lol

The Sasnovich - Kvitova match has been delayed at least 1 hour 25 minutes due to storms in Sydney. 2.75 on Sasnovich wouldn't be out of the question given Kvitova has defended her points from last year and given storms are predicted for rest of tonight

Chances are it'll be delayed until tomorrow if forecasts are correct (right now in Sydney thunder and lightning, medium to heavy rain)

Tennys Sandgren to beat (-1.5 sets) Cameron Norrie at 3.45 with Unibet

Can resist this juicy price on Tennys as straight sets winner. He's been great this week and Cameron is in his first final with less experience. He's at home where he grew up in Auckland but that should just mean he'll maybe have nerves playing a part in this match and he wasn't looking so convincing in the semi acctually. He may have won the match and qualified for his hometown tournaments final but that could be where it ends big time. Tennys have played some solid tennis this week, just look at how he knocked Phil Kohli off the court and he reached his first final last season in Houston and could play more relaxed here and he's got a better chance of winning a title this time. Cameron will probably get more chances for titles. They have met several times on the challenger tour with Cameron winning most of the times and once in the Tiburon final where Cameron won in straight sets. Tennys won in straight sets once in those meetings and once in 3 but my feeling says Tennys will take it this time in straight sets.

52 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Can resist this juicy price on Tennys as straight sets winner. He's been great this week and Cameron is in his first final with less experience. He's at home where he grew up in Auckland but that should just mean he'll maybe have nerves playing a part in this match and he wasn't looking so convincing in the semi acctually. He may have won the match and qualified for his hometown tournaments final but that could be where it ends big time. Tennys have played some solid tennis this week, just look at how he knocked Phil Kohli off the court and he reached his first final last season in Houston and could play more relaxed here and he's got a better chance of winning a title this time. Cameron will probably get more chances for titles. They have met several times on the challenger tour with Cameron winning most of the times and once in the Tiburon final where Cameron won in straight sets. Tennys won in straight sets once in those meetings and once in 3 but my feeling says Tennys will take it this time in straight sets.

I'm agree with you. I don't understand why Norrie is favorite here. Sandgren has played better here and has won all his matches in straight sets

13 hours ago, four-leaf said:

cheers four-leaf, you just rescued my week of bad decisions.:ok

after tipping De Minaur to win Brisbane last week I deserted him in Sydney this week!

well done again on Tennys to beat Cameron mate. :cheers