** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Dec 14th - 16th

Doncaster Rovers v Scnuthorpe Utd

Doncaster Rovers: Joe Wright (14/2 d, doubtful), Will Longbottom (0/0 f)

Scnuthorpe Utd: Jordan Clarke (13/1 d), Funso Ojo (16/0 m), Rory Watson (5/0 first goalkeeper), Matt Gilks (0/0 g), Ryan Colclough (17/2 f), Lewis Butroid (4/0 d)

Barnsley v Portsmouth

(Ben Thompson (18/0 m) is free to play for Portsmouth after the club successfully appealed against his red card.)

Barnsley: Cauley Woodrow (5/2 f), Ryan Hedges (8/0 f), Kenny Dougall (13/0 m)(all doubtful), Lloyd Isgrove (1/0 f), Jack Walton (2/0 2nd goalkeeper)

Portsmouth: Dion Donohue (3/0 m, doubtful), David Wheeler (8/0 m)

Carlisle Utd v Colchester Utd

Carlisle Utd: Jerry Yates (19/1 f, doubtful), Jason Kennedy (0/0 m), Joe Fryer (5/0 g)

Colchester Utd: Tom Eastman (14/1 d), Luke Norris (15/7 f, top scorer)(both probably in), Rene Gilmartin (5/0 g)

Exeter City v Crewe Alexandra

Exeter City: Luke Croll (13/0 d, doubtful), Hiram Boateng (14/0 m), Troy Brown (4/0 d), Alex Hartridge (0/0 d)

Crewe Alexandra: Paul Green (5/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Shrewsbury vs Peterborough

I wasn't sure where to start with the previews this week in this section. After much contemplation, I've decided to take a bit of a risk and cover the Shrewsbury versus Peterborough game in League One that's set to kick-off at 3pm this Saturday afternoon at New Meadow.

Shrewsbury are in a period of transition this season under manager Sam Ricketts. The tenure of former boss John Askey was nothing short of a failure but the new man worked wonders at former club Wrexham and the signs against Burton away were positive. Can they slowly move further up the table from their current place in 17th?

Peterborough are flying high under manager Steve Evans. The controversial gaffer has led them to 4th in the table and they are just 2 points off the automatic promotion pace. One of the leading contributing factors to this is their fine away form that has seen them lose just once on the road this season.

The Shrews might have won the last meeting between these two sides but Posh have won 8 of the last 9 meetings between the two clubs. This stat isn't helped by the fact that Shrewsbury have conceded the most amount of shots on target at home in League One this season.

A problem for Peterborough lately is being unable to finish teams off. 3 draws in their last 4 league games is a disappointing return. Particularly because three of those games were played at home. I feel Shrewsbury could enjoy the new manager bounce here at home. Ricketts will be keen to get the home crowd behind them. I'm tempted to back a home win and that's backed further because the odds on a draw no bet for the home side are too short.

Shrewsbury to Win @ 2.25 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.75 with Ladbrokes

A double for me today;

Airdrie v Arbroath

Arbroath look unbeatable this season in the league and should bag another 3 points here at around odds of 1.70.

Edinburgh v Elgin

This season has turned into groundhog day as once again our old friends Edinburgh at odds of 1.75 look good for another win here.

Arbroath and Edinburgh Double @ 2.98 looks good to me.

4 hours ago, allyhibs said:

A double for me today;

Airdrie v Arbroath

Arbroath look unbeatable this season in the league and should bag another 3 points here at around odds of 1.70.

Edinburgh v Elgin

This season has turned into groundhog day as once again our old friends Edinburgh at odds of 1.75 look good for another win here.

Arbroath and Edinburgh Double @ 2.98 looks good to me.

YEP...all over Edinburgh again mate...

Rangers vs Hamilton

I'm going to leave the Hibernian game chat to the man that knows best and focus my attention on the Rangers versus Hamilton match that is kicking off at 3pm at Ibrox on Sunday afternoon. Can Steve Gerrard's men get over their Europa League disappointment with a win against an out of form Hamilton?

Rangers are going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment. The 1-0 loss away to Rapid Vienna in midweek was the third game in all competitions without a win. This was after a 1-1 draw away to Dundee and a 1-0 defeat at home to Aberdeen. The Gers desperately need a win here. It's possible they could move to the top of the table with a win if other results go their way.

Hamilton are having a season forget so far. Martin Canning's side are 10th in the table and just 4 points above the relegation play-off spot. It's just 4 wins from their 17 league games so far and survival is already the primary objective. It's 5 defeats in their last 7 league games now and 6 losses in their last 8 away league games.

I'm backing a Rangers win. I think they're still a far better side than Hamilton and I think Gerrard will have his men pumped up for this after the midweek gut-wrenching exit from Europe. Hamilton have shown they can still spring the odd surprise but I'm not sure they'll do it here.

Draw (Rangers -2) @ 4.00 with Betway

Rangers HT/FT @ 1.67 with Betfair

9 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Hibs v Celtic

This has GOALS written all over it. Celtic must be licking their lips at the thought of playing against a defence which concedes soft goals at such an alarming rate as Hibs. Both teams to score looks the obvious bet but with that being odds on, I'll be a little bit braver and go for;

Total Match Goals - Over 3.5 @ 3.00  

I have a funny feeling you're not going to mind being slightly off with this one. What a result! That early goal really put the clamps on Celtic.

22 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I have a funny feeling you're not going to mind being slightly off with this one. What a result! That early goal really put the clamps on Celtic.

Yeah, must admit i'm not really bothered about the losing bet, superb performance from Hibs, I don't think anyone saw that coming after the last few weeks. After a lot of chopping and changing of lineup and formations, mainly due to injuries, I think Lennon has finally found a system that suits us.