** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > December 8th

Darran

Another winning Nap on Tuesday night and December has got off to a solid start. I have bets in 7 games across the 3 National League divisions on Saturday.

Boreham Wood v Leyton Orient

In typical style the only game Orient have failed to win in their last 5 league games was when I put them up against Aldershot and they drew 0-0. It was frustrating as it is the only recent good performance Aldershot have put in in the league of late. They are now unbeaten in 9 league games and have won 6 of them. I have long said the league title will go to either them or Salford and it is games like this they need to make sure they are picking up 3 points in. Now Wood are quite hard to beat at home and have only lost twice in the league at home all season, but they have both come in their last 5 games including in their last one against Dover. Overall though they have won just 2 of their last 10 league games and beating Maidenhead and Bromley at home hardly suggests they are capable of beating Orient here. They look a fair way off the side who reached the play-off final last season. Orient should be odds on and Betfred are 21/20 about the away side picking up 3 points in the game live on BT Sport at 12.35

Chesterfield v Salford

Draw!

Well like in the Bromley game I think it is wise to cover two results here. Martin Allen has let a few players either go or put on the transfer list this week as he looks to change things around. They didn't do too badly against Grimsby in the FA Cup and they will be disappointed by the goals they conceded as both were a bit fortunate. What it did show yet again though is they struggle to get goals despite the fact they are putting in a fair bit of effort. I know they have been drawing games, but you don't go on an unbeaten run like this by being a bad side and they are capable of making life hard for Salford. I have to back the draw again as I said I would until they stopped drawing league games. However, Salford should really be winning this and they ought to be odds on really like Orient in the game above. Betfred are 11/10 about them and I will have the bigger bet on that whilst also covering the draw at 5/2 with Bet365 and Betway.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Halifax

Well Dagenham's win for us last week was rather dramatic and hopefully they won't need two 90th minute goals to win this week, because I really fancy them to beat a poor Halifax side. Halifax's only win in their last 10 league games came in a 1-0 win at home to Dover. Away from home they have been mainly poor. I put them up to get a point in their last away game against Ebbsfleet and they stunk the place out losing 4-0. Their only away win came on the opening day of the season when they beat a Braintree side who have basically been in the bottom two all season. They have managed the odd good point on the road including at Solihull, but I think they will struggle to get anything out of this. Now we got away with the Dagenham bet last week as Hartlepool deserved to win, but it meant Dagenham kept their great run going. They have won 6 of their last 7 league games including their last 4 and hopefully it will be another one here. They are obviously nothing like the side they were earlier in the season. Dagenham should be odds on for me and the 23/20 with Betfred and Betway looks cracking value.

Gateshead  v Bromley

Another one at the shorter end of the market as I like Gatshead at even money in this game. Gateshead have only lost 3 home games this season and they came back to back. At least one of them they shouldn't have lost and they were all by 1 goal. Now they have only won once in their last 5 league games and have lost 3 of them, but strangely enough only one of those games was played at home and I am expecting them to improve for being back at the International Stadium. Bromley have only won once in their last 6 games and that was a 4-0 drubbing of Harltepool at home. Bromley's only two away wins in the league have come against sides who are poor at home in Ebbsfleet and Maidstone. Also both sides are fellow Kent teams and who knows their might be something in that. Gateshead should be capable of racking up another home win here.

Sutton v Solihull

Sutton stopped me from getting 3/3 in the league bets last week when getting a late equaliser at Fylde, but hopefully we can get them beat here. Granted they have only lost 2 of their last 8  home league games and only 4 in the league all season, but they have also only won 2 in that same spell and the 3g pitch doesn't seem to be in their favour this season. One of those wins as well was the freak 3-0 victory over Wrexham. As Solihull proved against Blackpool in the FA Cup last week they really are a very good side this season. I am just kicking myself for not having backed them on the handicap or something at the start of the season, because the quality of their squad meant they should never have been favourites to go down. I was concerned about Tim Flowers because his managerial career prior to this has not been good, but he has done a superb job. Now their away form doesn't always quite match their home form, but the 4 defeats have come at Fylde, Harrogate, Orient and Barnet so there is no disgrace in that. Marathon are a quarter of a point bigger than anyone else at 11/4 and that price is way too big as for me they are the better side and despite Sutton not losing all that often they have a much better chance of beating them than those odds suggest.

Bradford Park Avenue v Southport

Southport have been doing good things for us of late and they were superb against Tranmere in the FA Cup last weekend more than deserving their replay. I am sure the prospect of possibly meeting Spurs could be distracting, but their league form has not dipped despite the Cup run and given the replay is still going to be over a week away hopefully they can put it to the back of their minds here. They did need a late goal to beat Boston last time, but they have proven they have the quality to beat the best in the division and BPA are currently the best in the division. They haven't lost in 7 league games having won 5 of them and usually I wouldn't really oppose a team in that sort of form, but I just don't think Southport are as far away from them as the betting suggest so I am happy to take a chance at 7/2 with Bet365.

Kidderminster v Brackley

Hard to know what is going on at Kiddie as they have had a real dip in form. Maybe a couple of weeks off will help iron out the issues, but they have lost their last 3 home games in the league and then you can add a defeat at home to York in the FA Trophy into the mix as well. They have only won 1 of their last 6 league games as well. Brackley have only lost two league games in their last 10, including last week against Altrincham, but they have also drawn half of them so they aren't quite winning as many as maybe they should be. After losing their first two away games they have only lost one more so they are solid on the road and with Kiddie not performing well at the moment I am happy to take a chance on the away win here at 23/10 with Marathon and Bet365.

Hemel Hempstead v Dulwich Hamlet

Final bet of the day comes in the National League South and the away team look over priced here. Hamlet are only in 17th place in the league, but I do think they are better than that and sometimes they aren't quite getting the points their performances deserve. They lost 2-0 to Torquay last week although they held their own against the league leaders. Dulwich have only won once in their last 7 league games, but they beat Welling in the FA Trophy and Torquay are the only team to beat them by more than one goal. In their last 4 games Hemel have managed to beat Gloucester and East Thurrock which is hardly saying an awful lot and then lost to Wealdstone and Concord. As I have mentioned a few times when talking about the National League South this is a league with very small margins between winning and losing and I have seen nothing to suggest that Hemel should be odds on shots to beat Dulwich. Bet365 are over half a point bigger than anyone else at 15/4 and that is value for me.

Leyton Orient 2pts @ 21/20 with Betfred

Salford 2pts @ 11/10 with Betfred and 1pt on the draw @ 5/2 with Bet365 and Betway

Dagenham & Redbridge 4pts @ 23/20 with Betfred and Betway

Gateshead 2pts @ Evs with Bet365, Betfred and Betway

Solihull 1pt @ 11/4 with Marathon

Southport 1pt @  7/2 with Bet365

Brackley 1pt @ 23/10 with Marathon and Bet365

Dulwich 1pt @ 15/4 with Bet365

After watching Brackley at Stockport the other week concede a 94th minute goal after dominating the second half against County and Kiidderminster in woeful form of late i think 23/10 is a cracking price.

My other Fancy is bang in form Torquay to beat Weĺling in the top of the table clash in Conference South,Torquay are flying at the moment  19/20 with Bet 365 seems a good bet against a Welling side who have lost their last three away games in all competitions.

2pts double Brackley @23/10 Torquay @19/20 with Bet365

Pays just under 11/2

Edited by postmanplod69

2 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Best tipping on the forum on here! I'll be on them all this week.

My 34/1 for Torquay to win the league (ew) is shaping up nicely!

Good luck :ok

Proved me wrong and I got on at 6s e/w recently. I thought it would be between them and Billericay and given Tamplin would appear to have finally stopped putting the cash in there is every chance it will be a one horse race. I didn't fancy Woking at all, but given the money they will have made from the Cup run it means they will be able to strengthen the squad. Had some really tasty looking bets with Billericay in though so pretty gutted they are in trouble now albeit I knew there was a chance it could happen.

12 hours ago, Darran said:

Proved me wrong and I got on at 6s e/w recently. I thought it would be between them and Billericay and given Tamplin would appear to have finally stopped putting the cash in there is every chance it will be a one horse race. I didn't fancy Woking at all, but given the money they will have made from the Cup run it means they will be able to strengthen the squad. Had some really tasty looking bets with Billericay in though so pretty gutted they are in trouble now albeit I knew there was a chance it could happen.

That's the luck of the draw, and there is still a long way to go, but GJ has got something going there. They had a poor first half against Dartford, but turned it around and won 2-0 to go top. I think they will be too strong for Welling today too!

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Damn, that Halifax goal hurt.

It sure did although I was able to get out of my bet for little risk when they went a goal up so that was something at least. Poor day though with just one winner and a fair damage into the profits sadly.