** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Dec 11th & 12th

About the situation in the "Death group" with Liverpool, Napoli and PSG battling for the 2 spots to progress I paste from the Uefa site to make things more clear :

Group C: Liverpool (6) v Napoli (9), Crvena zvezda (4) v Paris Saint-Germain (8)

• Napoli will be through if they draw, or if they lose and Paris are also beaten.
  • Paris will be through if they win, and are also certain to advance if Liverpool do not gain victory.
  • Liverpool must win to have any chance of progress. If Paris win, Liverpool must win 1-0 or by two goals or more. If Liverpool, Paris and Napoli all finish on nine points, the English club would finish first on the three-way head-to-head, with second place depending on the scoreline at Anfield.
  • Crvena zvezda will finish third if they win and Liverpool lose (Liverpool have a superior head-to-head goal difference).

Edited by thinkpink63

thanks for your great explanation thinkpink63

Yes, EuroDream, with Dortmund I have some doubts because last match at home against Brugge, they didnot show much interest in go for the win and first place. It seemed they were happy with the draw and secure the qualify, leaving out Brugge, but if they have some interest today, they should win but I think I will skip this match, because they didnot make a good performance in match against Brugge

20 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Screw it, I'm backing Tottenham Draw No Bet! Let's do this Tottenham!!! 

Love the optimism for Spurs StevieDay1983!  

As a fan, I can't see us doing it.  Yes Barcelona will have a weaker squad but they are at home and have a formidable record in the CL.  I haven't checked but they must have had dead games at home in the CL in the past, and haven't got beat in those games.

Spurs are way too short.  Barcelona at over evens at home doesn't happen very often, so the value is with them in the outrights in my opinion.  Whoever comes in must be one of the 25 CL registered players, so they can't go and put out a youth team or something.  I'm not betting against my own team but 2.1 for Barcelona would be my pick.

I do think PSV have the quality to get something at Inter, although how motivated they are I don't know.  Inter, from what I understand are a bit like an Italian version of Spurs in that they have a relationship for messing things up, so i'm hoping for a PSV favour tonight!

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Shakhtar has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches.
Viktoria Plzen has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home matches.
Hoffenheim ended draw their last 3 away matches.
Manchester United has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches.
Manchester City has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 home matches.
Juventus won their last 9 away matches.

You can find interesting 35 Football Betting Streaks for 12.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-12-12-2018-12590

Barcelona - Tottenham

Spurs in great form and all the motivation... Barcelona with a great home record in CL and Messi on the bench... I just have to try these:

Tottenham to lead at HT / Barcelona to win FT (Leo Messi to turn it around for the hosts) and

Barcelona to lead at HT / Tottenham to win FT (Lucas Moura the hero for Spurs and Messi stays on the bench)

Odds of 21-23 for each bet

BTTS seems inevitable so we may get some value even with odds of 1.4

Valencia vs Manchester United

I've tried to steer clear of making predictions when it comes to Manchester United matches this season but in the final round of group games in the Champions League I've decided to take a risky punt. The Red Devils travel to Valencia in what is essentially a dead rubber for an 8pm kick-off at the Estadio de Mestalla.

Valencia are already in the draw for the Europa League last 32 having failed to reach the second phase but doing enough to finish in 3rd place ahead of Young Boys in Group H. Marcelino's side are struggling to recapture the form of last season. An inability to turn draws into wins has been costly. The club has drawn 11 matches in all competitions already this season. That includes a 0-0 draw when they played United at Old Trafford earlier in the group stage of this competition.

Jose Mourinho's men are starting to build some confidence. Some are still scratching their heads as to how the self-proclaimed "Special One" is still in the role at United. In his defence, the club has already sealed their spot in the last 16 of this competition and they are slowly moving up the Premier League table. It is now 5 matches unbeaten in all competitions. Is the Portuguese man turning it around?

These two clubs have met 7 times in the Champions League. United have notched up 2 wins during those games and the other 5 encounters have ended in draws. Combine that with Valencia's penchant for draws this campaign and you kind of get the feeling we all know where this is going... or is it too easy?!

There are a few other stats to consider. Valencia have lost 4 of their last 6 Champions League matches at home. It's a complete turnaround from previously where they had gone 9 matches unbeaten at home in the competition before that run of defeats. Valencia have also failed to score in 6 of their last 8 Champions League games.

Basically, don't expect a thrilling game. I can honestly see this being an archetypal Mourinho performance with United grinding out a 1-0 win or a diabolical boring draw. If the former happens then it would be the 18th time Mourinho has won by that score-line in the Champions League. Only Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti have managed it more times. Still, my gut still sways towards a bore draw with neither side having anything to play for. 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0 to United are the realistic possibilities. I'm going to bottle it and go for the draw.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.90 with Bet365

An indifferent showdown, with no scoring motivation, all we can say is AEK's goal of not ending with zero points in the group. I will bet on the many goals, the two teams, have a total of 23 goals, showing that they have defense issues, can score, and especially if they open the score relatively early
SL BENFICA vs AEK ATHENS @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.75

14 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Valencia vs Manchester United

I've tried to steer clear of making predictions when it comes to Manchester United matches this season but in the final round of group games in the Champions League I've decided to take a risky punt. The Red Devils travel to Valencia in what is essentially a dead rubber for an 8pm kick-off at the Estadio de Mestalla.

Valencia are already in the draw for the Europa League last 32 having failed to reach the second phase but doing enough to finish in 3rd place ahead of Young Boys in Group H. Marcelino's side are struggling to recapture the form of last season. An inability to turn draws into wins has been costly. The club has drawn 11 matches in all competitions already this season. That includes a 0-0 draw when they played United at Old Trafford earlier in the group stage of this competition.

Jose Mourinho's men are starting to build some confidence. Some are still scratching their heads as to how the self-proclaimed "Special One" is still in the role at United. In his defence, the club has already sealed their spot in the last 16 of this competition and they are slowly moving up the Premier League table. It is now 5 matches unbeaten in all competitions. Is the Portuguese man turning it around?

These two clubs have met 7 times in the Champions League. United have notched up 2 wins during those games and the other 5 encounters have ended in draws. Combine that with Valencia's penchant for draws this campaign and you kind of get the feeling we all know where this is going... or is it too easy?!

There are a few other stats to consider. Valencia have lost 4 of their last 6 Champions League matches at home. It's a complete turnaround from previously where they had gone 9 matches unbeaten at home in the competition before that run of defeats. Valencia have also failed to score in 6 of their last 8 Champions League games.

Basically, don't expect a thrilling game. I can honestly see this being an archetypal Mourinho performance with United grinding out a 1-0 win or a diabolical boring draw. If the former happens then it would be the 18th time Mourinho has won by that score-line in the Champions League. Only Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti have managed it more times. Still, my gut still sways towards a bore draw with neither side having anything to play for. 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0 to United are the realistic possibilities. I'm going to bottle it and go for the draw.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.90 with Bet365

I think a lot will rely on the news coming from Bern about Juventus game. if Juventus don't win (not likely), with a win United can still progress as first of the group. Actually this season there are some dangerous 2nd placed that everybody would like to avoid (Atletico Madrid and Liverpool over all, even if United can't face Liverpool in the round of 16, just like City), but you can for sure avoid Barcelona, PSG, Dortmund, Real Madrid and most likely Bayern.

So I'm going to keep an eye on this in-play rather than pre-match.

11 hours ago, swasya said:

For Starters i will have a  Roma  (0) handicap @ 1.91 (1xbet) 

and BTTS & Over 3.5  on the Lyon Match @ 2.44 as mains ( 1xbet).

Ajax DC looks inviting too as a dessert @ 1.86.

Thats my take for the day (8.6) for the 3 combined but i will take each course on its own.

I would be very cautious with Roma. They are in a big mess right now, bad domestic campaign and manager Di Francesco at big risk to be sacked. If the players aren't with him this is the right chance to get rid of him..

More while Roma is already through as 2nd Plzen can still reach a spot in the EL. They just need a point unless CSKA Moskow win in Madrid.

Roma miss Dzeko, De Rossi and El Shaarawy and some regulars will surely be benched, keeping an eye on the upcoming must win game in Rome vs Genoa.

Another game where I'll keep an eye on for some in-play opportunity.

Hello everyone, It's been a while since my last post.

Young Boys vs Juventus
Young Boys are going to finish fourth in this group no matter what. Juventus have what to play for. If Man United wins their game with 2-0 or 3-1 and Juve draw is 0-0, 1-1 Man United will go through as first. Juventus will most certainly play with a decent squad, I expect Cristiano Ronaldo to take part as he wants to keep breaking records. The Italian team have won all away games in all competitions this season. In addition, Juventus have kept 6 clean sheets in their last 6 games in all completions.In CL, the Italian giant were leading 3 of their 5 games at halftime. I was leaning to Juventus HT/FT bet, but the odds went down from 2.15 to 2.00. 

My bet for this game is: Juventus to lead at HT 1.952 @Pinnacle

I would be cautious with Valencia - Man Utd game UNDER 2.5... I know it looks obvious at first sight because of Mourinho and Valencia record this season but I have watched Valencia - Sevilla game and Valencia should have won the game 2:1 imo. They were determined to win but just could't finish well. Considering Man Utd last few games 2:2 at Southhampton and 4:1 against Fulham which didn't let other big teams to score more than 2 goals. This game could also be a goal festival if both sides decide to win...Valencia for the prestige or training or whatever and Man Utd if decides to go for the first spot in the group!

For Young Boys - Juventus...something tells me Swiss team will score in that game, they have goals in them and Juventus is having 5 clean sheets in a row, it must stop sometime. Juventus relaxed and Young Boys determined to prove something in front of their fans. I watched Fiorentina - Juventus game and Fiore had many chances to score...I think they should get one goal from Young Boys.

Ajax - Bayern is obvious and easiest bet today imo... we will see attacking football from both teams and BTTS&Over 2.5 is a good bet....

GL y'all!!

Great caution by the way

9 hours ago, thinkpink63 said:

I would be very cautious with Roma. They are in a big mess right now, bad domestic campaign and manager Di Francesco at big risk to be sacked. If the players aren't with him this is the right chance to get rid of him..

More while Roma is already through as 2nd Plzen can still reach a spot in the EL. They just need a point unless CSKA Moskow win in Madrid.

Roma miss Dzeko, De Rossi and El Shaarawy and some regulars will surely be benched, keeping an eye on the upcoming must win game in Rome vs Genoa.

Another game where I'll keep an eye on for some in-play opportunity.

Great caution by the way, spot on. thanks