** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Dec 7th & 8th

i said in a previous thread that i thought rotherham were overpriced at 15/4, which has now shortened up to around 5/2.

The mood around wednesday is fairly miserable at the moment and maybe rotherham can get their first away win of the season.

The crowd want the manager to be sacked but the owner is not one for either admitting mistakes (of which there have been many) or acting decisively. I have sold the second rotherham goal at 79.5 as well as backing them to win.

Leeds seem to have an injury crisis at the moment having lost dallas and cooper recently for around 6 weeks. Ayling and berardi are also out. Qpr are 5/1 which will probably shorten up because of this.

West Brom vs Aston Villa

The Championship throws up a West Midlands Derby on Friday night in an 8pm kick-off when promotion rivals West Brom and Aston Villa go toe-to-toe at the Hawthorns in this game that appears almost certain to be a goal fest. Who will prevail victorious on the night?

West Brom are in the middle of a decent run of form at the moment. Their 1-1 draw against Brentford at home on Monday night will disappoint them because they conceded so late to surrender two points against a team that had been struggling for results. Darren Moore will expect his team to bounce back with a win here. The Baggies are in 3rd place and a win would really crank the pressure up on the two teams above them in the table in the form of Norwich and Leeds.

Aston Villa are slowly starting to look more assured under new manager Dean Smith. Smith lost two of his first three league games in charge of the Villains but has since won 4 and drawn 1 in the league. The most recent victory being an emphatic 3-0 win away to Middlesbrough. What a huge statement of intent that was from Smith's team.

The last time these two sides met was back in January 2016 in the Premier League when they played out a boring 0-0 draw. This is likely to be a bit different. This time they are both fighting at the right end of the table, albeit the Championship, and they have scored a combined total of 81 goals between them already this season.

It's bad news on the history books front for the Baggies. It appears they don't like playing at the Hawthorns on a Friday night having lost 4 of their last 5 matches in that scenario. To add to that negativity, Villa have already bagged more points this season under Smith than they did under Bruce.

I'm going to have to back Villa to get something here. They are in irresistible form and their only blip in recent weeks was the 5-5 draw against Nottingham Forest in what was an insane match. West Brom are looking class this season but the late goal conceded against Brentford earlier in the week plus Villa have the extra rest could combine to give Villa the edge. It's also worth backing Tammy Abraham to score because the Chelsea loanee has bagged 10 goals in his last 10 league games. That includes 7 goals in his last 4 league matches.

Aston Villa Draw No Bet @ 2.23 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.53 with SportPesa

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you all planning to place down this weekend?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 11 matches in Championship.
71% of West Bromwich's goals have been scored in the second half in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in 90% of their away matches in Championship.
West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 5 home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 79 Football Betting Streaks for 07.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-12-2018-12547

6 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

i said in a previous thread that i thought rotherham were overpriced at 15/4, which has now shortened up to around 5/2.

The mood around wednesday is fairly miserable at the moment and maybe rotherham can get their first away win of the season.

The crowd want the manager to be sacked but the owner is not one for either admitting mistakes (of which there have been many) or acting decisively. I have sold the second rotherham goal at 79.5 as well as backing them to win.

Leeds seem to have an injury crisis at the moment having lost dallas and cooper recently for around 6 weeks. Ayling and berardi are also out. Qpr are 5/1 which will probably shorten up because of this.

Sorry to hear that, Wayne. Without wanting to sound brutal, given the squad strength and lack of investment over recent years, is this a case of meeting current expectations? Obviously the fans and board have different expectations but when it comes to judging Luhukay is he simply doing the best in a bad situation? You're 5 points above the relegation zone and picking up enough points here and there to stay afloat. Is there concern that won't last?

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Sorry to hear that, Wayne. Without wanting to sound brutal, given the squad strength and lack of investment over recent years, is this a case of meeting current expectations? Obviously the fans and board have different expectations but when it comes to judging Luhukay is he simply doing the best in a bad situation? You're 5 points above the relegation zone and picking up enough points here and there to stay afloat. Is there concern that won't last?

Hi Stevie,

Luhukay is just a patsy to take the heat for the chairman. He doesn't help himself by constantly changing the defenders and also switching between a back four and five, but the anger is being directed at him because the chairman is not around most of the time and he is an easy target. There have been numerous errors of judgement notably a survey asking if we wanted high prices and continued investment or lower prices and young players being promoted into the first team as if the two were mutually exclusive. What we have ended up with is high prices and kids being promoted. Many senior pros have been frozen out with no explanation other than it is for footballing reasons or they are injured (when the players say they are fit) i.e. westwood and Hutchinson. Michael brown said on sky that if westwood played 2 more games he would be entitled to a new contract. Because the club doesn't communicate this leads the fans to speculate that the reason for freezing players out is financial. The chairman has managed to price out virtually all commercial sponsors so we are left with chansiri and his two fake businesses (D Taxis and Elevate Energy drink) as the only sponsors. He came up with 3 and five year season tickets which people bought into and that money has probably been used up now. He came up with a scheme where you paid 2 grand to have a plaque on your seat and was hoping for 15,000 I think to take up this offer. The list goes on and on. Its a mess and I think will get worse-I believe we have a good chance of relegation, but thought that last year too and was wrong. Against Bolton the official attendance was 19, 000 with approx. 13,000 in attendance (6,000 season ticket holders staying away).

I could go on....

West Bromwich v Aston Villa

West Bromwich: Hal Robson-Kanu (17/3 f), Bakary Sako (2/0 f)(both doubtful), Kyle Bartley (15/1 d)

Aston Villa: Albert Adomah (15/0 m, doubtful), Henri Lansbury (1/0 m), Birkir Bjarnason (9/2 m), James Bree (3/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Nottingham Forest vs Preston

This is the time of year when teams begin to show their true season form after the early season. Nottingham Forest are one of those sides that are finding positive form and they will look to continue that here in a 3pm kick-off this Saturday against Preston on home turf at the City Ground.

Forest have had a feel-good factor around the club for a while now and that is starting to transfer onto the pitch. Aitor Karanka is proving once again that he knows how to set up a competitive side in the Championship. The Tricky Trees are in 5th place in the table and are unbeaten in 7 league matches. Perhaps more remarkably is the fact that Karanka's men have kept 5 clean sheets in that run.

Preston are not enjoying the best of seasons. Alex Neil has been striving to pull his side away from the relegation zone but the Lilywhites remain in 18th place and just 4 points above the bottom three. Their awful start to the season of just 1 win in their first 10 league games is a distant memory. It's now just 1 defeat in their previous 10 league matches. Unfortunately, that defeat came in their last game and it was a 3-0 hammering at the hands of Birmingham.

I've got to back Forest here. I feel Karanka is really starting to impress his trademark defensive stability on the side. The 5-5 draw with Aston Villa was a flash in the pan. The Nottingham side have been very sturdy at the back for a while now in general and I'm backing them to win this game with relative ease.

Nottingham Forest to Win @ 2.10 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.91 with Betfred

west brom v villa

i have bought harvey barnes goal minutes 3 times this season and he has scored on 77,77 and 87.

He has 8 in 20 the timings as follows (in reverse order) 77,77,82,72,87,63,65,45

There is a pattern here of late goals, maybe because he is rarely substituted.

I will buy his goal minutes at 16 with spreadex.

Edited by waynecoyne

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

42% of Millwall's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Stoke City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Ipswich Town have failed to win in their last 8 matches in Championship.
31% of Middlesbrough's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Blackburn have scored in each of their last 9 matches in Championship.
Ipswich Town have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Championship.
Millwall conceded at least 1 goal in 90% of their home matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 175 Football Betting Streaks for 08.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-12-2018-12566

On 12/6/2018 at 10:18 AM, waynecoyne said:

As a Blade I would love Rotherham to win. However, I think that Wednesday will get something out of the game. Local derbies can be tense, but Wednesday seem to do quite well against Rotherham. Factor in Rotherham's away form P 10 W 0 D 3 L 7 and I can't see a Rotherham win.

As for behind the scenes, I think that Wednesday are walking a financial tightrope with the 'financial fair play rules'. That is why they can't sign anyone or sack the manager. Unfortunately it is a mess that won't change anytime soon.

Reading vs Sheffield United

The final Championship preview of this weekend is an intriguing one. Reading play Sheffield United in the 5:30pm kick-off on Saturday evening and the home side will be under the stewardship of caretaker manager Scott Marshall after the unsurprising sacking of Paul Clement.

Reading's season has been a wash out so far. I mean, let's be honest, who honestly thought that Clement was going to be a success there? The Royals are languishing in 21st place and only outside the Championship drop zone due to goal difference. They need to start winning games and they can start by nailing that next managerial appointment as quickly and shrewdly as possible.

Sheffield United continue to defy expectations with the club in 6th place in the table. Chris Wilder remains popular with the fans due to his exploits but there are rumours that all might not be well behind the scenes. Just 1 win in their last 5 league games has seen them drop off the automatic promotion pace. A win here would be an ideal remedy for recent frustrations.

It's awkward reading for Reading fans when we talk about the head-to-head. Reading have earned just 1 point from their last 7 league matches against Sheffield United. To rub more salt into the wound, the Blades have won on their last four visits to the Madejski Stadium. They have scored three goals in each of the last three games there too.

It seems the obvious choice but I'm backing a United win. I'm not really sure how Marshall will cope in the Reading hot seat. I think problems at Reading lie far deeper than just Clement. They've been under-achieving for seasons now. Look at their squad. It has the likes of Vito Mannone, Andy Yiadom, Liam Moore, Modou Barrow, and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson. They shouldn't be struggling. It'll take a while to turn this ship around. Away win and we could see a few goals if the home side throw caution to the wind.

Sheffield United to Win @ 1.80 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.82 with MarathonBet

maybe @bang on could enlighten us - wilder has had a few pops at McCabe and the poundland prince who were in dispute.

United have always been a selling club and have sabotaged some promotion campaigns- witness fjortoft and deane being sold at a time when they should have been pushing on for promotion.

i was listening for team news on Wednesday Rotherham and heard the following:

Forestieri is injured and bannan has an issue which stopped him training but whether it stops him playing is unclear.

For Rotherham paul warne says that they have had illness in the camp so have been careful to not overtrain and have sent a couple home who were ill. So mixed messages and not very conclusive.

10 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

maybe @bang on could enlighten us - wilder has had a few pops at McCabe and the poundland prince who were in dispute.

United have always been a selling club and have sabotaged some promotion campaigns- witness fjortoft and deane being sold at a time when they should have been pushing on for promotion.

You will probably find out more later this month. The Wednesday chairman is supposed to be having a meeting with any fans who wish to attend where he will answer all questions as full as possible. This might end speculation as 'some' of the supposed restrictions have not been confirmed.

As for United being a selling club, you are probably right as we don't pay anywhere near the amount in wages paid at Wednesday so players move on. We do however have one of the most successful academies as can be judged by looking at the number moving on to the Premier league.

11 minutes ago, Bang on said:

You will probably find out more later this month. The Wednesday chairman is supposed to be having a meeting with any fans who wish to attend where he will answer all questions as full as possible. This might end speculation as 'some' of the supposed restrictions have not been confirmed.

As for United being a selling club, you are probably right as we don't pay anywhere near the amount in wages paid at Wednesday so players move on. We do however have one of the most successful academies as can be judged by looking at the number moving on to the Premier league.

I think  @Bang on that you are a very well run club and am a little envious. I'd had a few shandies so was having a cheap dig, so sorry about that. It just must be a bit galling for you as a bit more investment in the team and you could get to the promised land. Selling is part of a successful strategy, something we studiously avoid. As for Chansiri telling the truth I do not expect that to happen at all.