** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 4th & 5th

eplratings.jpg

It's a bonus midweek schedule for the Premier League coming up. Manchester United versus Arsenal is the big one here. I'll look to get a preview for the Cardiff game up. Let us know your thoughts on these matches heading our way and any bets you're planning on placing. :ok

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, and @AndreBR.

4 minutes ago, ggm31v said:

Chelsea look good value away to Wolves at 3/4 feel I'm missing something here? Wolves have had a string of bad results, Chelsea baring the Spurs match have looked solid.

I think it's simply because Wolves have a track record over recent years of giving the higher-placed sides a rough ride at Molineux. Having seen them first hand on Friday night they look like a team shot of motivation and confidence. We didn't play overly well but still won. I'd certainly back Chelsea to win. It might not be easy for the Blues but I'd be shocked if Wolves took anything from that game. Nuno doesn't seem to have a plan B right now. I'm not a Wolves fan though. Maybe @Wolf4ever or @PokerWolf1 could give us more insight?

45 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I think it's simply because Wolves have a track record over recent years of giving the higher-placed sides a rough ride at Molineux. Having seen them first hand on Friday night they look like a team shot of motivation and confidence. We didn't play overly well but still won. I'd certainly back Chelsea to win. It might not be easy for the Blues but I'd be shocked if Wolves took anything from that game. Nuno doesn't seem to have a plan B right now. I'm not a Wolves fan though. Maybe @Wolf4ever or @PokerWolf1 could give us more insight?

I watched the Cardiff game, and would agree with your comments, they certainly look to have had the wind knocked out of their sails. I can see Chelsea winning but probably by a very small margin, probably later on in the game as well.

*Neves is also suspended

Edited by ggm31v

1 minute ago, ggm31v said:

I watched the Cardiff game, and would agree with your comments, they certainly look to have had the wind knocked out of their sails. I can see Chelsea winning but probably by a very small margin, probably later on in the game as well.

Yes, I was thinking that. Gut instinct, I'd go for a 1-0 win for Chelsea. Maybe 2-1?

This looks like a very difficult midweek card to me.

Although one game does hold some slight interest:

Brighton & Hove Albion V Crystal Palace

X @ 3.10 Betvictor

Very difficult to see either side having enough to take all 3pts in this situation. Brighton managed to blag a win at Huddersfield over the weekend but it would have been interesting to see what the result would have been without the substandard officiating.

Palace created an astonishing amount of chances at home to a witless Burnley side and incredibly the red and blue army actually scored a couple of goals for their efforts. Despite this, what I said before the game still stands; Palace have a very poor chance conversion rate as they lack a proper striker in the team. Zaha and Townsend effectively play as false 9's when in reality they are wingers and so it's unfair to expect 15 goals a season from either of them.

The two teams maybe deadly rivals but said fixture last season was a real yawn feast and ended up 0-0. I don't think all that much has changed since then; Brighton are still hard to beat at home and if anything Palace's defence has become even stronger (currently 6th best in the division). The ELO ratings between the two sides are also very close and so I think backing the draw is the logical play here.

The other market which has some slight appeal is anytime goalscorer, Murray @ 3.00 and Zaha @ 3.80 may look standard but both players tend to thrive in this fixture. 

Be interested to see what @Tiffy has to say about this game once he's finished loading his Magnum:

s-l1600.jpg

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I'm a Chelsea fan and I can tell you, there is a reason for that price. We are grinding out points and it's only matter of time when it will stop. Half of that team is not good enough for the title challenge and what can I say, Conte and Sarri are wizards who made / make them look better than they really are. We don't have a striker, we don't have a right winger, Kante is not playing in his natural position and our centre backs are disasters waiting to hapen. Okay, rant over. We might win this game but purely on individual quality. Still favourites I guess but as I said, I understand the price.

Edited by The Sexless Innkeeper

Jeez no rest for the wicked, I'd like to say, I knew Hughes would get the sack if Southampton didn't beat United and can't see where his managerial career goes from here?? Never been impressed with him as the gaffer.

Gotta love midweek fixtures though.

Bournemouth V Huddersfield. Bournemouth were unlucky not to get a pen at 2-1 down against City an who knows from there, and Hudersfield may have got something if they kept 11 on the pitch, I expect Bournemouth to get through this game though ot may be tougher than they expect. Bournemouth Half Time/Full Time 9/5 @ BETVICTOR, LADBROKES & CORAL

Brighton V Palace. somehow this is classed as a bit of a derby, maybe it's an Eagles v Seagulls thing, Palace will be jubilant after finally scoring from open play and winning at Selhurst and I have a sneaking feeling for an away victory here and I don't know why...................... Palace to win 44/25 @ MARATHONBET 

West Ham V Cardiff. West Ham will certainly be expecting to win after their dismantling of Newcastle away, But the Hammers do blow hot and cold and there could be a surprise here at the London Stadium, Both teams to score YES 11/10 @BETVICTOR

Watford V City. There is not a single game where I don't expect City to score at least 3, they just have goals everywhere and always conjure something up, Watford can be tricky at home and do tend to give a good account of themselves, however City will have to Much. City Half Time/Full Time 10/11 @ LADBROKES & CORALS

Wednesdays Games

Burnley V Liverpool. I don't think Liverpool will be reliant on goalkeepers baring gifts this week, They seem to be stuttering a little but still digging out the result they need, however I expect them not to struggle here and although I think Burnley have got to get a run going soon, it won't be in this game. OVER 2.5 GOALS 19/29 @ 188BET

Everton V Newcastle. How is Evertons recovery after they conceded that shocking injury time winner in the derby, well I think fortunately for them they meet Newcastle team that are easy pickings in my opinion and I think Everton will grab all 3 points EVERTON TO WIN 8/13 @ MARATHONBET & SPORTINGBET

Fulham V Leicester. Ranieri will make Fulham harder to beat and for a side struggling that is well needed, they gave a good account of themselves against Chelsea and I expect more of the same here, Leicester are always prone to nab you on the counter and that is how they will set out, as there ever been a manager that has taken charge of a side and then played two of his former sides in his first two games? DRAW 28/11 @ UNIBET

Wolves V Chelsea. I find it intriguing that when Cardiff were off to a terrible start people were calling for Warnocks head, yet Nuno Espirito Santo with his quite big budget and squad is not having a bad word said what do you think @StevieDay1983?, now that is not me saying Wolves should sack him, no way!!!! The visit of Chelsea will get the Wolves right up for it but again I expect the blues to have to much. CHELSEA HALF TIME/FULL TIME 19/10 @ BETVICTOR 

United V Arsenal. Wwell well well, could this be Mourinho's last game? There are rumblings at Old Trafford, Players are not happy and haven't been for a while, Jose said United would be top 4 by January, however he did not say which year!!!! His only saving grace is it will cost United around £11m to sack him and his ego will not allow him to walk.  If Arsenal approach this the right way I see nothing but an away win here, United are struggling to make chances especially in the first 45 Minutes at home and that air of inevitable late goal has long since left Old Trafford, United are there for the taking. ARSENAL HALF TIME/FULLTIME A WHOPPING 17/4 @ BETVICTOR

Spurs V Southampton. A big loss for Spurs at the weekend in terms of them not seeming to be able to close the gap on the top sides, however what a fixture to bounce back on, I can no longer moan about Mark Hughes on here but Southampton are poor, I bet a certain Mr Redknapp is gutted he's in the Jungle, the Saints job would be right up his street again :). I see nothing but a comfortable home win here OVER 3.5 GOALS 7/4 @ UNIBET & BETFAIR 

Well that was quite exhausting, no midweek drinks not on a school night :) Happy Punting PuntersLounge folk 

Edited by Roy The Boy

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Manchester City did not concede any goal in their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth have lost their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have scored 40% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Cardiff City have lost their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
32% of Watford's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
62% of Huddersfield's conceded goals occured in the first half in Premier League.
79% of Bournemouth's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.

You can find interesting 92 Football Betting Streaks for 04.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-12-2018-12517

Premier League predictions

Bournemouth - Huddersfield Town
1 (1.80):ok 2-1FT:ok

Brighton - Crystal Palace
X (3.00) 1-1 FT:@

Watford - Manchester City
2 (1.30) :ok 0-2 FT

Burnley - Liverpool
2 (1.30) :ok0-2 FT

Fulham - Leicester City
1(3.20) :@2-1 FT

West Ham - Cardiff City
1 (1.65):ok 1-0 FT

Wolves - Chelsea
2 (1.80) :@0-1 FT

Manchester Utd - Arsenal
2 (2.90):@ 1-2 FT

Everton - Newcastle Utd
1 (1.60) :@2-1 FT

Tottenham - Southampton
1 (1.4) :ok1-0 FT

Edited by Gedkip
Missing

@Roy The Boy, interesting thoughts. I'll quickly reply to your West Ham versus Cardiff comments and your question directed at me.

Firstly, there is a general feeling that we could get something at West Ham tomorrow night. The players are fighting until the bitter end in each game and our performance levels are improving overall. It's only been momentary lapses in concentration that have let us down away from home. I'd like to see the 3-5-2 again but I'd prefer Bennett in on one wing. Camarasa and Hoilett left us too exposed. I have a feeling Warnock might resort to 4-5-1 though. If we do that I don't think we can expect more than a draw but I just have a feeling we could get it. A 1-1 or 0-0 draw really wouldn't surprise me.

Secondly, I agree about Warnock being harshly labelled. Our fans love him. I love him. I had a soft spot for him before he joined us. He's always said that Cardiff are his kind of club and our fans have always said he's our kind of manager. This season has been brilliant. Even when we were bottom we were all loving it. Vincent Tan knows that. He knows the fans will keep turning up if Warnock is there and he trusts Warnock both on the pitch and off it. I'd be amazed if Warnock is sacked. No matter what happens. My feeling is that if we stay up he will likely resign unless Tan persuades him to stay. If we go down, he'll give it one more year to get us back up and then leave I think.

@The Sexless Innkeeper, it's funny you say that. I've felt for a while that Chelsea have a brilliant starting XI. Not up to the standard of Manchester City or Liverpool but competing with Tottenham and Arsenal. However, after that they struggle. Eden Hazard is going off the boil so it'll be fascinating to see if the other players step up. I feel Willian has more to offer this season. Luckily, Loftus-Cheek appears to be raising his game. Kepa has also adapted far better than anyone could have expected. You'll win against Wolves. Unless they change something they could be in serious trouble.

West Ham v Cardiff City

West Ham: Fabian Balbuena (14/1 d), Aaron Cresswell (7/0 d)(both doubtful), Ryan Fredericks (4/0 d), Andriy Yarmolenko (9/2 f), Carlos Sanchez (5/0 m), Winston Reid (0/0 d), Manuel Lanzini (0/0 m)

Cardiff City: Greg Cunningham (4/0 d), Jazz Richards (3/0 d), Kenneth Zohorè (6/0 f)

Watford FC v Manchester City

Watford FC: Daryl Janmaat (6/0 d), Tom Cleverley (0/0 m)(both doubtful), Etienne Capoue (13/1 m, suspended), Adalberto Peñaranda (0/0 f)

Manchester City: Oleksandr Zinchenko (2/0 m), Sergio Aguero (13/8 f, top scorer)(both doubtful), Benjamin Mendy (9/0 d), Kevin de Bruyne (3/0 m), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g), Eliaquim Mangala (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Brighton v Crystal Palace

I don't think you can read anything into the Palace win over Burnley. I watched the Burnley v Newcastle game on Monday night, and then the Palace v Burnley game. In both they were well off the pace. They have gone away from what they did last year and look awful ... relegation material.

Brighton are solid, especially at home. If the stop Zaha, which I expect them to do, I think they win this 2-0.

Watford - Man City

After Man City 100% start to the season, the wheels look to have really come off for Watford, who now have just two wins to their name from their last 10. Things don't get any easier for the Hornets here either as they welcome a Manchester City side unbeaten since September to Vicarage Road.
What's more, City have won their last eight meetings with Watford, and have scored 11 goals in their last two visits to Vicarage Road. Watford may have been solid at the back under Gracia, but few will give them a fighting chance of keeping City out.
Indeed, this should be a routine win for the visitors.

Somethin lik 1-3, 0-4 is nice bet, good value for Over 2,5 (1,50).

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

Brighton v Crystal Palace

I don't think you can read anything into the Palace win over Burnley. I watched the Burnley v Newcastle game on Monday night, and then the Palace v Burnley game. In both they were well off the pace. They have gone away from what they did last year and look awful ... relegation material.

Brighton are solid, especially at home. If the stop Zaha, which I expect them to do, I think they win this 2-0.

So you're taking Brighton -1.0 AH then? Odds? Book?

On a side note I strongly advise people not to take this bet.

28 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

So you're taking Brighton -1.0 AH then? Odds? Book?

On a side note I strongly advise people not to take this bet.

What exactly is the side note? Crystal Palace are not exactly world beaters ...

At odds of 2.8 for the straight home win, I'll take it all day. The 2-0 is just suggesting a scoreline, but Brighton will win here.

Edited by neilovan

2 hours ago, MarioDunav said:
Watford - Man City

After Man City 100% start to the season, the wheels look to have really come off for Watford, who now have just two wins to their name from their last 10. Things don't get any easier for the Hornets here either as they welcome a Manchester City side unbeaten since September to Vicarage Road.
What's more, City have won their last eight meetings with Watford, and have scored 11 goals in their last two visits to Vicarage Road. Watford may have been solid at the back under Gracia, but few will give them a fighting chance of keeping City out.

Welcome @MarioDunav! Can you just make your font size a little bit bigger? I'm getting a bit older these days and can't read text that small! :ok

Rather than write a conventional preview for the West Ham versus Cardiff game tonight I'll cover some thoughts here. Right now, we're still playing like a team that is together, possesses self-belief, and has the motivation to keep battling. Will it last all season? I'm not sure but I believe so long as Warnock stays in charge it will.

West Ham are a bit up and down lately but their form has improved a lot compared to earlier in the season. Manuel Pellegrini's side have won 2, drawn 2, and lost 1 of their last 5 league games. Their form at the London Stadium is hit and miss so it's a tough one to call.

Cardiff really need to improve this away form. We've only earned 1 point away this season and that was against 10 man Huddersfield. We have battled well and we deserved something from the trip to Everton. It's only a matter of time before we get an away victory. I'm not sure it'll be tonight though.

My concern is that West Ham are too dangerous out wide and that's where we are weak right now. I'd love to see us go 3-5-2 so we have Manga playing centrally with Morrison and Bamba. We don't have wing backs suited to the roles though. We got away with Camarasa and Hoilett playing there on Friday against Wolves but it won't work against West Ham away. I can see Warnock reverting to a 4-4-2 and we'll probably lose by the odd goal. I'm thinking we'll lose 1-0 or 2-1. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we grabbed a draw but we'll see.

5 hours ago, MarioDunav said:
Watford - Man City

Match preview straight from whoscored :\

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284857/Preview/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Watford-Manchester-City

@Mindfulness

Love the magnum, did you nick it from the Selhurst boardroom?

I think it's a difficult game to call. You could well be right about the draw, I think it could be a repeat of last season, where both teams cancel each other out. The atmosphere made everyone a bit nervy last season, so perhaps that will prey on their minds?

I think either team could win too. Palace are hitting a bit of form, and will feel confident after Saturdays win. According to reports they put in their best performance of the season so far.

Are they likely to follow this up with a repeat? I would say it's unlikely. I can't see them having 29 shots at goal tonight. Brighton are much better organised than Burnley.

I'd be tempted to back unders, or BTTS NO. 

I may be wrong, and I am going tonight, so I hope it's an entertaining game.

I just hope their isn't the aggro that there was last season!

Good luck, I'll report back!

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Everton have scored in 100% of their home matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored in each of their last 13 matches in Premier League.
Burnley have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 14 matches in Premier League.
Newcastle Utd have scored 45% of their goals in the first 15 minutes in Premier League.
Fulham have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Leicester City have scored in 100% of their away matches in Premier League.
Wolverhampton have lost their last 3 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 123 Football Betting Streaks for 05.12.2018 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-12-2018-12520

I see value in laying West Ham today. Odds for home win are around 1.66, so Cardiff +0.5 can be found at around 2.4.

I am waiting for starting lineups to be announced, but quite a few changes are expected for West Ham, especially in defence where Cresswell, Balbuena and Zabaleta might miss the match. It's not like the Hammers have any decent replacements for them, so Cardiff might find it easier to score than expected.

So, West Ham are starting with a highly unusual combination of "defenders" - Antonio, Ogbonna, Diop and Masuaku (Balbuena with a dead-leg problem and Zabaleta being rested before facing Zaha on the weekend - both on the bench). I know Cardiff are not prolific scorers (especially away from home) but this is a golden chance and the only hope for West Ham is for Fabianski to have another solid performance (I am impressed with him) and come up with a few miracle saves.

I've taken Cardiff to score at 1.58 at pinnacle with a medium stake. I hope Cardiff do not decide to set back and play for 0-0 - at least their starting lineup does not suggest that.

Well, with Cardiff "fighting until the bitter end in each game" and West Ham's makeshift defence, the Cardiff to score bet was never in doubt - even though I had to patiently wait until the 94th minute to collect ;-)

Truth be told, Antonio came up with a big block and another intervention in the last 5 minutes to prevent a goal, so he has not forgotten hid old right-back days. But leave it to Carrol (who's a bit taller than his opponent Gunnarsson) and the otherwise excellent Fabianski (who forgot that he's allowed to use his hands) to fail to clear a last-minute corner. Not as spectacular as Pickford's performance on Sunday, but good enough for my bet.

Not sure about Cardiff (I have a feeling they came to London for their Christmas shopping), but it was a typical West Ham performance - goals from Perez (who've barely played this season, even when on the pitch) and Antonio (a season of poor performances and missed half-chances, so far) and keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes with 3 regular defenders missing and despite their main striker gifting a penalty to the opponent.

Manchester United makes many big goals, with 11 out of 14 over 2.5 goals in the league. Arsenal has four over 2.5 over 2.5 goals games, with only over 2.5 to six at six. Arsenal is in a full-fledged situation and you can not fight against it. As for the end result, it probably goes to the right. I will bet on the many goals, since the two teams score with ease
MANCHESTER UNITED vs ARSENAL FC @@+2.50 Over, odds 1.60

Man United are just in a mess. In a way they are experiencing what happened to Liverpool after their dominance in the mid-late 80's . A treadmill of players and managers and nothing really clicking.  

Mourinho's United is out of sync completely, but blame lies everywhere....

Scouting and player recruitment looks really poor. Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Bailly, Lindelof, Fred, Matic, Sanchez have been added (by Mourinho) , but non of them are/did light it up.

United's best players have been Rashford, de Gea, Lingaard and Shaw. But Mourinho's touch line petulance does not help anyone. When Rashford missed a good chance recently, Mourinho turned his back to the player. Yet when Rashford setup Herrera with an excellent ball (equalizer against Saints, he shows no reaction). That behavior is just rubbish. It helps nobody and is just thoughtless an quite stupid !

These guys are just kids. They don't need 'tough love' all the time. What is the expression ... "To a man who's only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" .

The friction with Pogba will come to the boil pretty soon. Mourinho called him a 'virus', which seems pretty accurate. His performance against Southampton was a disgrace. No effort, work rate, desire. NOTHING. Surely 350k a week could be better spent elsewhere. He could learn a thing from past United greats (Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Giggs, Scholes).  Robson did'nt play in a great United team, but he gave 110% every game. A United and England legend.

I remember another United player from way back. He was raw, with pace, incredible talent , but super frustrating in his first couple of seasons. When he needed to take on the defender, he would cross the ball. When he needed to cross the ball he would take on the defender. He made the wrong decision at least 60% of the time for 2 seasons (drove van Nistelrooy crazy). Then the learning process clicked ... Who was it ... pretty average guy called Christiano Ronaldo.

Pogba will be on his way, but maybe the kid is just overrated. Most reasonable players would shine playing for Juventus in a midfield of Pirlo and Vidal, against average to weak opposition. Pirlo to provide the finesse and Vidal to run 12 kms a game. You cannot build a team around this guy, so maybe let him go and ride on Ronaldo's back at Juve. WHat did Fergie see in his character that he did not  like ?

Arsenal will be looking for another top performance. Emry has turned them around so quickly, he has done a great job. Players look fit, happy, and they look to be rejuvenated. Losing Sanchez and Ozil has seemed to help them considerably.

My only question is 'will the win over Spurs leave them a little flat' ?

If Arsenal show up with the same drive and focus, I think they win here easily. My prediction is the over 2.5 goals and Arsenal win. This United team is trying to play the Mourinho way, but they have no spirit, no desire to do so, no leaders, no plan, and no defense.  Apart from that, they look good. New tattoos  and haircuts every week.

Edited by neilovan

Man Utd vs Arsenal

I think everybody will place bets on Arsenal, but this is a big game, derby and it's possible to see a lot of passion in United squad. I expect to be a tough game with a lot of goals and draw.

Prediction: Over 2,5

Edited by MarioDunav