Announcements
*** June Competition Winners: Well done to Le Male (NAPS), Coco69 (KO Cup), Saddlesore (Royal Ascot) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Darran

Non-League Predictions > November 17th

FA Cup weekend was rather profitable backed up with FCUM winning at a big price in the league and then Tuesday night it was 2 from 2 with Southport and Dartford both winning. Hopefully that will continue on Saturday and I have 7 bets this weekend.

Chesterfield v Havant & Waterlooville (National League)

I was all set to be all over Harrogate at odds against, but the game has been called off as Maidenhead have too many players called up for international duty. The rest of the fixtures look tricky from a punting point of view, but I have to carry on with my backing Chesterfield to draw system. 3 matches on the bounce it has paid off now and I also had the 1-1 draw covered when they played Halifax a few weeks ago. They have drawn 8 of their last 10 league games and 6 of those draws have been 1-1. When you chuck in the FA Cup game last week which was also a 1-1 draw I am kicking myself for not putting that up for the last 3 weeks! However we can't be too greedy and I will just stick with the draw again. To be honest it does look like a winnable game for the home side, but Havant had last weekend off so they will be fresh and ready and they have managed to win their last 2 games so I am backing the draw again.

Dulwich v Oxford City (National League South)
I was surprised that Dulwich lost to Truro last Sunday although it has to be said that Truro do seem to be improving and that made it 4 games unbeaten for them in the league. As for Dulwich that was the 2nd disappointing result in a row as they also blew a 2 goal lead against Weston last Tuesday. They are 4 games unbeaten at home though and I think it is worth opposing Oxford City again. Dartford should have been well out of sight before Oxford made it 3-2 on Tuesday night such was their dominance especially in the 1st half. By all accounts the fact Oxford had been involved in such a tough game at Tranmere 3 days prior showed. Here the focus will surely be on the replay especially as it is on BT Sport and Dulwich are more than good enough to make them pay.

Boston v Southport (National League North)
I have to continue backing Southport after 3 superb results now as I get the feeling they are finally showing the reason I backed them ante-post for the title. Granted beating Hereford at the moment is nothing special, but they put the game to bed with ease and I always like it when a team does that whatever the opponents. It is important to try and find teams who are playing better than their league position suggests as the bookies will always price those sides up bigger than they should as they have here. Boston were another one of my ante-post tips for the title and they are having a solid season only being 6 points off the lead, but in their last 5 league games they have only beaten Hereford and as things stand Southport are looking in better form at the moment.

Darlington v Hereford (National League North)
For the 3rd game running I have to oppose Hereford. Yes they went down to 10 men on Tuesday night, but they were never really in the game and this is a really tough match for them given how long it has been since they won a league game. The home side meanwhile are unbeaten in 5 league games and have only lost one of their last 8. They have drawn their last 3, but their last two games have been against Bradford and Guiseley so they would have been harder games than this. Hereford have only won one away game all season and Darlington have had a couple of weeks without a league game so should be raring to go against a team low on confidence.

FCUM v AFC Telford (National League North)
The home side have yet to win at home, but surely that will change soon given they have shown massive improvement of late. They are now unbeaten in 5 league games and have scored 3 in their last two. Now Telford will be tougher opponents than Blyth or Hereford and are obviously having a good season, but I think FCUM certainly offer value at over 2/1 given like Southport they are clearly playing better than their league position suggests.

Barwell v Kings Lynn (Evo-Stik South Central)
Barwell cost us big time a couple of weeks ago when they conceded a penalty in injury time against Bedford and hopefully they won't cost us this time as I think Kings Lynn look a cracking bet. Even before Ian Culverhouse came back as manager they were improving after a tricky start to the season as they are unbeaten in 7 league games, but they have comfortably won both games since he came back. Given how good they were under him last season I am expecting them to be a major force in the division and possibly even push for the title as they are only 9 points behind at the moment. They are a better side than their hosts and after that draw against Bedford they have still only won once at home this season.

Reddtich v Lowestoft (Evo-Stik South Central)
I opposed Redditch a few weeks ago against Biggleswade which was a winning bet, but having wondered if their new manger would improve them or not given their seemed to be plenty of issues I certainly got that wrong. I didn't think he would, but he has as they then won their next 4 league games.They did lose 4-0 to Stourbridge on Tuesday night to break that run, but then Stourbridge are 2nd in the table and Lowestoft are certainly no Stourbridge. They have only picked up 1 point in their last 7 league games and have only won once away from home picking up just one other point. Redditch certainly look in much better shape and can bounce straight back from the Stourbridge defeat.

Chesterfield v Havant 1pt draw @ 5/2 with Bet365
Dulwich 1pt @ 61/50 with Marathon
Southport 2pts@ 68/25 with Marathon
Darlington 2pts @ 11/10 with Paddy Power and Betway
FCUM 1pt @ 21/10 with Paddy Power
Kings Lynn 2.5pts @ 71/50 with Marathon
Redditch 2pts  @ 7/5 with BetVictor
Edited by Darran

Probably will go with Darran on Kings Lynn strong. Still you all should have on mind that i am very unlucky with England lower leagues. Barwell couple weeks ago was top of iceberg probably. Dont know anything about these teams and dont like playing on away team but Darrans look very confinedt on this one (in my eyes) which is enough for me.

Barrow vs Eastleigh (2) +0.25 1.96 1u

Barrow missing Taylor, Rooney and Kay, all of whom are reg mids and Joint topscorer Hindle. Eastleigh were worthy of their point against Salford in their last game and against a depleted Barrow side, this is generous.

Daggers vs AFC Fylde (2) 1.79 1u

Daggers were poor last game vs Sutton and i dont see them improving much anytime son. Fylde with a very good lineup, should win this.

On 11/17/2018 at 5:57 PM, Darran said:

That late Southport winner turned a decent day into a very good day. Shame Darlington went 2 down before they got going and Dulwich had a man sent off which stopped their chance of winning, but very happy with the days work.

Great tipping again Darran. Made a nice profit but yes, Darlington  :@ cost me 4 figures.