** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

UEFA Nations League Predictions > Nov 15th - 20th

Sweden vs Russia

The final night of UEFA Nations League matches will see Sweden take on Russia in a winner-takes-all clash at Hampden Park in a 7:45pm kick-off tonight. Victory for either side will see them progress to League A and a draw will also deliver that outcome for Russia. Huge pressure on the home team here but so much to gain.

Sweden took a hardfought win by defeating Turkey away in their last game to give themselves a great opportunity to earn promotion to League A. Before the game on Saturday it seemed that Janne Andersson's side were facing humiliation with a potential elimination to League D that would result in Nations League games against the tier-C of European international football next time around. Thankfully, results went in their favour so they avoided that fate.

Russia have been a solid bag so far in this competition. Stanislav Cherchesov has seen his side defeat Turkey away and at home but at home against Sweden they only managed a goalless draw. A point here would confirm their place in League A and potential matches against the likes of France, England, and Belgium.

Before their 0-1 win over Turkey, I was ready to write Sweden off. I have a good idea where that 0-1 result came from. The important defender Andreas Granqvist is back and made Swedens backline as steady as usual and kept the turks from the second place with his penalty goal.

Russia aren't the best performing side on the road. Cherchesov's men has only seen their second win in as many years in away matches when they defeated Turkey by 1-2 in Nations league. You can also realistically expect there to be a limit on goals here. Sweden have seen less than 2.5 goals scored in 6 of their last 7 competitive games home and away. I reckon Sweden might do it. It could be close and a stereotypical Russian heartbreak seems the most realistic outcome.  

Russia are not the same Russia that surprised so many in World cup as hosts. The hole backline that had so mutch success in WC are gone: Central defender Ignaschevich have quit, his collegue Ilya Kutepov in the central defense are injured. Just like the left and right defenders Yuri Zhirkov, Fedor Kudryashov and Mario Fernandes.

So the hole fivefold of defenders that stood up so well against Spain despite 79-21 in possesion to the spanish can't play tonight in Solna.

On the midfield in WC the trio of Aleksandr Golovin, Denis Cheryshev and Roman Zobnin did well. But none of them can play either tonight. Artem Dzyuba was not supposed to play either but a late decision by Cherchesov have seen Dzyuba being flied in to make Russia have at least something going forward. Also striker Smolov and midfielder Dzagoev will likely not play. Sweden has almost every player available for this match as only Pontus Jansson (Leeds United) is out with a injured foot. Yesterday Victor Nilsson Lindelof (Man United) trained fully and should again line up from start as he did this weekend when he came off injured during the match. I think we will see a well diciplined Sweden win this match in front of myself and a few other thousands of fans on Friends Arena in Solna tonight.

Sweden to Win @ 1.95 with Bet365

Portugal vs Poland under 2.75 @ 1.632 with Pinnacle

For Portugal, Cristiano Ronaldo is missing and for Poland, already relegated, Lewandowski is out of form. Portugal alrady secured their place in the inaugural final four with the 0-0 draw in Italy on Sat night. I wouldnt expect meny goals in this match.

19 minutes ago, Gabosbet said:

Portugal vs Poland under 2.75 @ 1.632 with Pinnacle

For Portugal, Cristiano Ronaldo is missing and for Poland, already relegated, Lewandowski is out of form. Portugal alrady secured their place in the inaugural final four with the 0-0 draw in Italy on Sat night. I wouldnt expect meny goals in this match.

Should be more of a chance of an open game since none of the teams will have anything to play for. 

Malta v Faroe Islands

Over 2.0 @ 2.10

Both to Score YES @ 2.25

with Bet365

Maybe there's a trick here but I don't get such long odds.

The 5 games played by Malta in this competition had 4, 2, 4, 2, 5 goals. 4 of them ended BTTS.

The 5 games played by Faroe Islands in this competition had 4, 2, 3, 2, 2 goals.

I think the bookies underestimate the fact that the visitors don't score that much on the road. But against Malta, that haven't kept a clean sheet in last 25 games, and in what is actually a meaningless game, I can only see some goals.

The reverse leg ended 3-1 for the visitors.

All the previous H2H,even if 4 of them are rather old, ended Over 2.5 and BTTS.

Edited by thinkpink63

Serbia - Lithuania Under 3.25 goals, odds 1.9 with Bet365

Lithuania have scored only 2 goals in 5 matches in the Nations league, they failed to score away in Montenegro and Romania and they failed to score at home against Serbia. So it's likely that they will not score today. They have nothing to play for either.

Serbia are doing much better, scored 7 goals in 5 matches, including 2 goals in each of they home matches against Romania and Montenegro. The weather in Belgrade is poor, raining and cold - not exactly encouraging Serbia to score too many goals.

So I expect Serbia to get a 2:0 win - and even a 3:0 or 2:1 win will bring us profit. Small stakes, this is Nations league.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Scotland vs Israel

The final night of UEFA Nations League matches will see Scotland take on Israel in a winner-takes-all clash at Hampden Park in a 7:45pm kick-off tonight. Victory for either side will see them progress to League B and a draw will also deliver that outcome for Israel. Huge pressure on the home team here but so much to gain.

Scotland defied the previews of a few of us on here by absolutely destroying Albania away in their last game to give themselves a great opportunity to earn promotion to League B. Before the game on Saturday it seemed that Alex McLeish's side were facing humiliation with a potential elimination to League D that would result in Nations League games against the minnows of European international football next time around. Thankfully, results went in their favour so they avoided that fate.

Israel have been a mixed bag so far in this competition. Andi Herzog has seen his side lose away to Albania but then pick up wins at home against both Albania and Scotland. A point here would confirm their place in League B and potential matches against the likes of Germany, Croatia, and Czech Republic.

Before their 4-0 win over Albania, I was ready to write Scotland off. I have no idea where that result came from. McLeish has kept the wolves from the door for one more game but they will need a result here to convince people that the win in Albania was anything but a one-off.

Israel aren't the best performing side on the road. Herzog's men have failed to even score in 3 of their last 4 away matches. You can also realistically expect there to be a limit on goals here. Scotland have seen less than 2.5 goals scored in 5 of their last 6 competitive home games. That is a theory emphasised by both teams scoring in just 2 of Israel's last 12 matches. I reckon Scotland might do it. It'll be close and a stereotypical Scottish heartbreak seems the most realistic outcome but I want to show @allyhibs and his countrymen some faith after sacking them off last time around.

Scotland to Win @ 1.83 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.73 with MarathonBet

You're a braver man than me Stevie, I can't put money on this Scotland team, not with McLeish in charge.

1 hour ago, thinkpink63 said:

Malta v Faroe Islands

Over 2.0 @ 2.10

Both to Score YES @ 2.25

with Bet365

Maybe there's a trick here but I don't get such long odds.

The 5 games played by Malta in this competition had 4, 2, 4, 2, 5 goals. 4 of them ended BTTS.

The 5 games played by Faroe Islands in this competition had 4, 2, 3, 2, 2 goals.

I think the bookies underestimate the fact that the visitors don't score that much on the road. But against Malta, that haven't kept a clean sheet in last 25 games, and in what is actually a meaningless game, I can only see some goals.

The reverse leg ended 3-1 for the visitors.

All the previous H2H,even if 4 of them are rather old, ended Over 2.5 and BTTS.

Great pick mate. I got it on 2.5 with a whole unit. Thank you :)