** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EW SINGLES

After being inundated by requests to put up more systems (well 1 request actually by @Xtc12 but who's counting)

This system selects 1 a day ew bet as long as certain qualifications are met, was a sensation when it first arrived on the scene back in 2000/2001 with a good sr and getting as many winners as placed horses @ odds ranging from 7/2  to 16/1 :eek

so will give it a trial run , all selections to be backed ew

Todays selection 1pt ew

3.15 Donc  Buzz @ 8/1 B365

:ok

Nice one, back in the 80's i used to follow an EW system based on the Daily Mirror which my dear old dad used to swear by.

He would often back horses that were topped by all 3 tipsters in the paper, Newsboy, Bouverie (sp?) and Spotform. This uses to throw up three or four a day but he noticed that on the odd occasion the (EW) horse was tipped up by both NB and BV. This was pretty successful when i followed it for a short time until i moved away and stopped getting the Mirror.

Anyway I digress, the Good old days eh!

2 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Nice one, back in the 80's i used to follow an EW system based on the Daily Mirror which my dear old dad used to swear by.

He would often back horses that were topped by all 3 tipsters in the paper, Newsboy, Bouverie (sp?) and Spotform. This uses to throw up three or four a day but he noticed that on the odd occasion the (EW) horse was tipped up by both NB and BV. This was pretty successful when i followed it for a short time until i moved away and stopped getting the Mirror.

Anyway I digress, the Good old days eh!

I prefer to look at old systems as back then it was a lot harder to back fit due to not as much info in the public domain so any system being used would have had a lot of time and effort put into proofing it.

My own system I use for the flat was originally posted in the Sporting Chronicle back in 1948 by a maths teacher / actuary. My grandad used it ,my old fella swore by it till the 80's when the chronicle shut down, he called them his beer/pocket money bets, I have a version of the original system in a Sporting Chronicle handbook from 1950 and Ive brought it up to date and it still works today, so happy days!

I find the problem today is people want something for nothing and find it easier to make money off the back of racing (flogging systems,paid tipping services, talking shite on RUK/ATR picking winners after the event ,etc etc) rather than from horseracing (taking on the books)

On 11/10/2018 at 10:44 AM, Valiant Thor said:

After being inundated by requests to put up more systems (well 1 request actually by @Xtc12 but who's counting)

This system selects 1 a day ew bet as long as certain qualifications are met, was a sensation when it first arrived on the scene back in 2000/2001 with a good sr and getting as many winners as placed horses @ odds ranging from 7/2  to 16/1 :eek

so will give it a trial run , all selections to be backed ew

Todays selection 1pt ew

3.15 Donc  Buzz @ 8/1 B365

B365 pays 6 places @ 1/4 odds

Buzz placed 5th @ 8/1....  winner winner chicken dinner :cigar

Staked 2

Returned 3

Profit 1

Edited by Valiant Thor

1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

Found this while having a rummage

http://kimmypopsracing.proboards.com/thread/2709/systems-old-new

Flippin hundreds of old systems many using newspapers, just reminds me how many were knocking about.

@Xtc12

Name rings a bell

I think Kimmypop used to post on either the old Bookiebusters forum or Gummy Forum years ago then started this forum when they shut down. will have a look see.

I see a Ralphie7 logged in on there ;)

On the fineform /Marchwood thread , Marchwood posted on The Racing-Systems board a lot.

Edited by Valiant Thor

I think most of these systems on Kimmypops forum are rather dubious to say the least :loon

I know the below is football related but sort of sets the standards :eyes

How to win with football accumulator bets

One method is to place all the short priced bankers in an accumulator bet and pray that they all win providing a winning bet but with obvious less danger. .

Classic :rollin

Edited by Valiant Thor

2 hours ago, Valiant Thor said:

One method is to place all the short priced bankers in an accumulator bet and pray that they all win providing a winning bet but with obvious less danger.

Don't think that works either VT just checked scores for the day and found that Barca 1\5 lost, so todays bankers down the swanee.  :cow or maybe down the cow ! :lol