** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - November 19 - November 25

• 2 weeks later...

Challenger Pune

Brayden Schnur vs. Arjun Kadhe 

Kadhe is playing his home tournament here as he is from Pune, he played superb in the first round vs. Ramanathan where he was +5 underdog. Kadhe is a talented guy, was a very good junior then switched to College and went to Oklahoma State where he finished is senior year in 2017. I like his game style, he is playing aggressive and has a huge serve, he can serve some bombs, he was very patient too in the first round, made less errors and was outplaying his opponent from the first point. Schnur is also talented but he isn't the type of a player who dominates, a lot of close sets recently, expect some more today.

Arjun Kadhe @ 3.8 5dimes 4/10

USA F33 doubles

Ghilea/Khaledan vs. Trotter/Kobelt

Trotter and Kobelt are playing together at college for Ohio, having a solid 4-1 record this season and having a big win in the first round vs. second seeded Fruttero/schneider. They were playing really good and today i think they have a solid chance to win another match as Ghiela and Khaledan are both out of singles competition and i think both are not that motivated here as Khaledan is playing qualification in Waco (Texas) at the weekend.

Trotter/Kobelt @ 5 Betfair 4/10

12 hours ago, opole said:

USA F33 doubles

Trotter and Kobelt are playing together at college for Ohio, having a solid 4-1 record this season and having a big win in the first round vs. second seeded Fruttero/schneider. They were playing really good and today i think they have a solid chance to win another match as Ghiela and Khaledan are both out of singles competition and i think both are not that motivated here as Khaledan is playing qualification in Waco (Texas) at the weekend.

You really hit the spot again @opole. Good one! Big thanks for this. My account needed it.

A double from Pune from me...

Elias Ymer to beat (-3.5) Sebastian Fanselow at 2.00

Prajnesh Gunneswaran/Alexander Nedovyesov over 22.5 at 2.00

Elias is in a really good run of form and this tournament should be all about Prajnesh and Elias so I think Elias can have a good enough read on the germans serve to break him twice at least. Prajnesh have lost to Alexander before in 2016 on indoor hard in Kazakstan challenger quarterfinal. This is a rematch on hard in a quarter and I think the kazakh might create some problems for the indian here again but Prajnesh is in good form and likely not all too tired after winning in Bengaluru so he should exact some revenge at home.

Total odds: 4.00 with Paddypower

Edited by four-leaf

17 hours ago, opole said:

USA F33 doubles

Great pick mate :notworthy

Ok, Elias Ymer could not win by 4 games after a blown 5-2 lead in third set. He won third by 6-4 but that was not enough. Anyway now I think Prajnesh Gunneswaran will win in straight sets versus Alexander Nedovyesov so...

Prajnesh Gunneswaran to beat (-1.5 sets) Alexander Nedovyesov at 2.38 with Unibet

Prajnesh has played well lately and could be going for his second challenger title in a row. If Elias can't win by 4 games but the match finishes in 3 sets I think Prajnesh will have it easier than Elias. Just a probability bet.

sb. here has the same feeling as i that Jo Willy Tsonga will put up a good fight vs Cilic tomorrow?

Tsonga looked absolutely fine at the end of the season after being out for almost seven months.

Now he had further time to prepare for that event and the surface and the conditions, i think he will be in good shape.

Cilic on the other side was looking poor at the end of the season. Losses to Jarry, Copil, Struff and the famous loss to Querrey in Davis Cup vs. Croatia on clay(!!) .... + he had to play the Finals last week losing all three matches there, he is probably exhausted and hasn't a lot in his pocket. Especially playing Best of Five sets....

I don'T know but my feeling is telling me to put some money on JWT here. H2H super close.

Edited by opole

Prajnesh Gunneswaran to beat Radu Albot at 2.20 with Paddypower

I'm going for Prajnesh again here. He's in form, at home and didn't drop serve at all yesterday and looked absolutely fine when he beat the kazakh. His win percentage on first serve was 81% and he was on about 50% on won second serves and that ok and could easily be enough to beat Radu. Radu had some difficulties overcoming Sasi Kumar Mukund and it doesn't get any easier here.

Brayden Schnur to beat Elias Ymer at 2.63 with Paddypower

This is gonna be a really tight match between two players that should be even on this surface. Brayden is a hardcourt player of medium quality ranked right now at 189. Elias ranked 132 – at best on clay but can handle hardcourt on a decent level. Elias would have been ranked 170 if he had not saved matchpoint versus Gleb Sakharov in Mouilleron Le Captif two weeks ago but he maintained his ranking with the second hardcourt challenger title of his career.

Two things I've noticed about Elias this week: 1. He takes more chances on his serves than usual and it's like he's using this tournament to train and develop his serve. He's hitting far more double faults than usual and also more aces.

2. He is looking worried, you can see he doesn't really have the confidence to serve out a match or hold serve when it really matters. It wasn't far away from him dropping a doublebreak in the decider in the quarterfinal and he should have been broken in second set on one deciding occasion if not Seb Fanselow had decided to try a brutally bad dropshot from a position where he probably doesn't miss more often than 1 out of 10 times.

The point here is that I think Elias is running on fumes in this tournament, he's had a bit to many problems for my liking to justify his favourite status in this match and it's also 1-0 head to head to Brayden as he won their only meeting in straight sets on indoor hard in California 2017.

Edited by four-leaf

J.-W.Tsonga/M.Cilic - Over 3.5 sets at 1.76 with Unibet

I agree with @opole to a large degree, but I'm not so sure about Tsonga winning outright, so I'm going to go with something a bit safer, saying that there are going to be at least four sets in this one. Cilic is having some mental issues with finishing sets off right now and Tsonga will have a full arena behind him, so a 3-0 result just doesn't seem to be on the cards to me.

12 hours ago, opole said:

sb. here has the same feeling as i that Jo Willy Tsonga will put up a good fight vs Cilic tomorrow?

Tsonga looked absolutely fine at the end of the season after being out for almost seven months.

Now he had further time to prepare for that event and the surface and the conditions, i think he will be in good shape.

Cilic on the other side was looking poor at the end of the season. Losses to Jarry, Copil, Struff and the famous loss to Querrey in Davis Cup vs. Croatia on clay(!!) .... + he had to play the Finals last week losing all three matches there, he is probably exhausted and hasn't a lot in his pocket. Especially playing Best of Five sets....

I don'T know but my feeling is telling me to put some money on JWT here. H2H super close.

He didn't lose all three matches in London, he defeated Big John but was unable to finish second after Nole but you're right he was looking poor at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, four-leaf said:

He didn't lose all three matches in London, he defeated Big John but was unable to finish second after Nole but you're right he was looking poor at the end of the season.

yeah you are right here, was mixing things up with isner who lost all three matches.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga/Marin Cilic over 38.5 games at 2.00 with Paddypower

Going for a bet on the overs here. I acctually think over 3.5 set will come in and over 38.5 games and Jo-Willy wins will happen. But I'm too covard to pick Jo-Willy and I like the chances on over 38.5 games. Will likely be at least one tie-break in this match and maybe even two and there can also be at least one set with 12 games.

I will maybe put some money on ITF bets in the next few weeks but nothing special i think. Only if there is something really interesting.

So after the Tsonga loss i put my stats on since October

Total bets: 39

Won: 20
Void: 0
Lost: 19

Staked: 118 Units
Back: 239.64 Units
Balance: +121.64 Units
Yield: 103%

So let's stay focused for the off season and let's prepare well for the 2019 season. bookmakers won't sleep. we have to beat them to earn our money. it will be another tough year and season for everyone. but i am pretty sure it will be another good year.

Edited by opole

Prajnesh Gunneswaran to beat (-1.5 sets) Elias Ymer at 3.40 with Unibet

Elias beat Prajnesh in Roland Garros in straight sets pretty comfortable but this is gonna be another story. Prajnesh is solid in his serving unlike Elias who doesn't get any rythm in his game at all and that is a bit because of the surface but also because he doesn't seem to be overconfident in his game. I think Prajnesh will control this match well enough to win in straight sets. Prajnesh has been very solid so far and is capable of holding serve through out a set so if he gets a break it's bad for Elias.

Mahut/Herbert (-1.5 sets) to beat Dodig/Pavic at 1.91 with Unibet

Ah, what the hell. I reckon that it isn't a given that this match is actually going to happen, as the Croats can make a last-minute change, but, if it takes place, the home team should finally get on the board. It was a disaster for them yesterday, but this is a match in which they have a clear edge. Some might say that Mahut and Herbert can crack under pressure, but it's hard for me to believe that they're going to feel a lot of pressure given that the entire tie is virtually lost.