** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - November 12 - November 18

Tatsuma Ito to beat Yosuke Watanuki at 2.60 with Pinnacle

I fully support Watanuki being the favorite and him winning would be good for Japanese tennis as well, but I see the match as a coin-flip objectively. Watanuki has very little experience with big matches and it's hard to say how well he's going to cope with the pressure, so the 2.60 that's on offer for Ito looks like value to me. Not a given, but value.

11 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Tatsuma Ito to beat Yosuke Watanuki at 2.60 with Pinnacle

I fully support Watanuki being the favorite and him winning would be good for Japanese tennis as well, but I see the match as a coin-flip objectively. Watanuki has very little experience with big matches and it's hard to say how well he's going to cope with the pressure, so the 2.60 that's on offer for Ito looks like value to me. Not a given, but value.

CP , I wasn't on the forum much today.  I was on Ito also- just saw your post after the match finished.. Really a nerve wracking match even in the third set after he dumped the 3-0 lead, and went down multiple break points..  As to the Zverev match.. well Djokovic is playing amazing its true.. but I won't be surprised if Zverev sneaksa set either.. but i'm probably biased because I want him to win the match.. cya !

Not much need to be said about young phenom and the bet placed. We are talking about a player who has won at these odds the last 3 matches, and has massive potential on the tour. We could surely see another surprise if Roy finds a way to attack the Klahn backhand, who has been playing well, but a couple mixed results losing easy straight sets to Paul recently, and some other straight set losses I saw. 

Bradley Klahn to beat (-5.0) Roy Smith at 1.90 with Pinnacle

The week isn't finished yet. Two finals left but I skip the Houston WTA final. Roy Smith is playing at a pretty high level to be ranked 800+ and he's still only 20 but come on enough is enough. Bradley should win this easily.

@four-leaf Klahn is playing good, but this Roy Smith is an incredible ball striker, and I don't remember Klahn winning a bunch of titles. Roy has a good crosscourt backhand, massive forehand and very good serve.. He can probably get to the Klahn backhand better than Koepfer or some of his previous opponents.  

I suggest hedging your Klahn minus 5 games bet on the Smith moneyline.. You only have to risk a fraction of the amount

Edited by money44

16 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

@money44 I think it could be Brad Klahns easiest challenger final in his career.

Good luck brother.. one of us will win.. Klahn will have a tough time breaking Roy on the fast surface of Houston tho.. serves are much more powerful. Laying 5 games is way more risky.. We already discussed these courts earlier this week 

4 minutes ago, money44 said:

Good luck brother.. one of us will win.. Klahn will have a tough time breaking Roy on the fast surface of Houston tho.. serves are much more powerful. Laying 5 games is way more risky.. We already discussed these courts earlier this week 

Actually we both could have lost if home player covered games but didnt' win the match.. but I really like your change of your mind, and obviously anytime you bet , we can lose.. but i hope that i helped you get on the right side of this one. I feel pretty good about the match especially if we get to serve first.

Well this week is the end of Brad Klahns season. No more matches for him to play after Houston and winning Houston would be a nice finish to the season for him and if this match gets postponed till tomorrow I don't think Roy will line up in Andria next week where he is scheduled to play and has already received a SE entry.

@four-leaf what do you think of the humbert - Oliveira match in Andria. Humbert has lost first round last three matches indoors.. Oliveira was playing well in japan. He got derailed by Watanuki who was playing out his mind early in that tournament.. but Oliveira hits the ball well.. He's not really an indoor player, but it just feels like something is wrong with Humbert, and the odds look really fishy 

Well the fact about Ugo Humbert is that he is playing for nothing late on in the season. He is guarranteed to start as 115 ranked next season after ITF futures points drops on january 1. So i wouldn't be betting on him right now. He's unmotivated after missing out on the next gen final.