** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Nov 2nd - 4th

3 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Villa look bankers for an acca and you'd think WBA will beat Hull. Everything else looks tough!

I'm not very confident about backing Villa until Smith settles into the role a bit more. Agree on West Brom beating Hull. This is the Championship though so nothing is guaranteed! :lol

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Aston Villa conceded at least 1 goal in 71% of their home matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in 100% of their home matches in Championship.
67% of Aston Villa's points have been earned at home in Championship.

You can find interesting 89 Football Betting Streaks for 02.11.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-11-2018-11943

Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers

Aston Villa: Albert Adomah (12/0 m, probably in), Keinan Davis (0/0 m, doubtful), Birkir Bjarnason (9/2 m)

Bolton Wanderers: Gary O'Neil (9/0 m, doubtful), Stephen Ireland (0/0 m), Sammy Ameobi (5/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Aston Villa vs Bolton

Right, OK, so I know I said I was reluctant to back Aston Villa until Dean Smith had settled into the role more but it's the Friday night game and I fancy chatting about something today so I'm covering their game versus Bolton at Villa Park in a 7:45pm kick-off tonight.

Aston Villa come into this game in a precarious position. Situated in 17th place and just 6 points outside the relegation zone the alarms aren't quite ringing yet. A defeat here and that may change. Smith enjoyed a winning start to his time with the Villains but has since seen his side fall to a couple of losses.The play-offs are now 7 points away and Smith needs to start winning games fast if he wants to consider a promotion push this season.

Bolton's season has started to simmer down after a positive start. Phil Parkinson saw his side go unbeaten for the first 4 league games of the season. However, a poor October has seen them go 5 league matches without a win. The Trotters have sunk to 19th place in the table and just 4 points above the relegation zone. The main problem has been profligacy in front of goal. Bolton have scored just 2 goals in their last 8 league games.

Smith will be confident his side can win. He has faced Bolton on three occasions previously as Brentford manager and won all three games. Granted, he is managing a different side and this Bolton team is arguably stronger than the previous ones he's faced. Football is a funny game though and some teams do have bogey opposition managers. Phil Parkinson has also lost both of his away games to Villa as Bolton manager.

I think Villa should win this. Smith is a competent enough manager and he has the players at his disposal. It feels that it will start clicking at some point. This might not be a vintage performance but I'd be surprised if Villa didn't take advantage of Bolton's awful scoring record to grab the three points.

Aston Villa HT/FT @ 2.25 with Coral

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.10 with Blacktype

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, will you guys be betting on the Championship this weekend?

67% of Hull City's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Ipswich Town have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 6 matches in Championship.
Preston have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Bristol City have scored 39% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Hull City conceded at least 1 goal in 86% of their home matches in Championship.
West Bromwich have scored in 71% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 156 Football Betting Streaks for 03.11.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-11-2018-11963

Ipswich vs Preston

After having success with betting against Ipswich a lot this season I see that there's another chance to earn a fair wedge by doing that this weekend. The Tractor Boys host Preston in a 3pm kick-off at Portman Road this Saturday and it will be new manager Paul Lambert's first league game in charge.

Ipswich are having a torrid season so far and many pundits are suggesting it's going to take more than a managerial change to sort their campaign out. The Suffolk club are currently rock bottom of the Championship and 3 points behind the team above them.

Preston aren't doing much better. Alex Neil has seen his team pick up a bit of form after a terrible start. The Lilywhites remain in 20th place but they are unbeaten in five league games having scored 13 goals during that period. So they will come into this game full of confidence.

I'm not sure how Lambert will do here. He thrived at Colchester and Norwich but has since struggled to make an impression at Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wolves, and Stoke. Has he lost the spark? Is this an appointment that is destined to fail? He already has his back to the wall as a former Canaries manager.

It's been a while since Preston came away from Portman Road with a win. In fact, it was the opening day of the 2008/09 season. Will this be the game that changes? I think at the price they've being offered then it could well be backing Neil's side to take all three points.

Preston to Win @ 2.30 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Unibet

13 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Ipswich vs Preston

After having success with betting against Ipswich a lot this season I see that there's another chance to earn a fair wedge by doing that this weekend. The Tractor Boys host Preston in a 3pm kick-off at Portman Road this Saturday and it will be new manager Paul Lambert's first league game in charge.

Ipswich are having a torrid season so far and many pundits are suggesting it's going to take more than a managerial change to sort their campaign out. The Suffolk club are currently rock bottom of the Championship and 3 points behind the team above them.

Preston aren't doing much better. Alex Neil has seen his team pick up a bit of form after a terrible start. The Lilywhites remain in 20th place but they are unbeaten in five league games having scored 13 goals during that period. So they will come into this game full of confidence.

I'm not sure how Lambert will do here. He thrived at Colchester and Norwich but has since struggled to make an impression at Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wolves, and Stoke. Has he lost the spark? Is this an appointment that is destined to fail? He already has his back to the wall as a former Canaries manager.

It's been a while since Preston came away from Portman Road with a win. In fact, it was the opening day of the 2008/09 season. Will this be the game that changes? I think at the price they've being offered then it could well be backing Neil's side to take all three points.

Preston to Win @ 2.30 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.75 with Unibet

I personally wouldn’t oppose Ipswich today as it’s Paul Lambert’s first game so it should lift the Ipswich players. He has struggled at some of his latest jobs but I think he may do a bit better with Ipswich, with the Norwich connection firing him up a bit. I almost think it is what he has needed to reignite him and be a success again after going slightly stale at Wolves and Blackburn. 

77% of Wigan Athletic's conceded goals were conceded away in Championship.
Leeds Utd have scored in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
Wigan Athletic have scored 61% of their goals in the first half in Championship.
Leeds Utd have scored in each of their last 9 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 116 Football Betting Streaks for 04.11.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-11-2018-11965

Wigan vs Leeds

The only Championship game left to play this weekend comes at the DW Stadium this Sunday in a 1:30pm kick-off where Wigan will play Leeds. The Latics are hoping to end a run of two defeats on the bounce in the league and the Whites are hoping to move top of the table with a victory.

Wigan are doing OK during their first season back in the Championship. Paul Cook's side are 16th in the table with 20 points but a win here could see them move up to within touching distance of the play-off positions. It's an example of how intensely close the Championship has become.

Leeds started the season with a rocket up their rear. They navigated a rough patch and have now settled back into positive form with just 1 defeat from their last 6 league games. Marcelo Bielsa's men have lost just 1 game on the road this season but that was their last away match that produced a 2-1 defeat to Blackburn.

There is one statistic that makes backing Leeds a dangerous proposition here. Cook has turned the DW Stadium into a fortress for Wigan. Their League One campaign was built on that fine home form and it's helped them keep their head above water here. They are undefeated at home this season and have only lost once in league football since February. That's 21 league games with just 1 loss.

I think it's worth backing Wigan here with the draw no bet because I feel their home form puts them in a great position to win this game. However, Leeds are tightening their ship lately so it might prove to be a tough game for either side to win. I was going to back the draw but I think a team that has won 5 and drawn 2 of their 7 home games should be backed.

Wigan Draw No Bet @ 2.55 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.80 with SportPesa