** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Oct 26th & 27th

QPR vs Aston Villa

Friday night delivers a closely-matched game when in-form QPR welcome an Aston Villa side that are starting life under new manager Dean Smith to Loftus Road for this 7:45pm kick-off. Plenty to consider in this game with these two going head-to-head.

QPR were looking to be yet another side touched by the deathly grip of Steve McClaren. Four consecutive defeats including a 7-1 battering at the hands of West Brom started the season for the Hoops. It seemed like the worst was coming true for Rangers fans. However, a recent upturn in results has seen QPR win 6, draw 2, and lose 2 of their last 10 league games. That run includes going the last four games unbeaten in league action.

Aston Villa sacked former manager Steve Bruce on 3rd October after a run of just 1 win in 9 league games. It had seen them drop down to lower mid-table. Smith was appointed just a week later and his first game in charge saw a 1-0 win over Swansea. Unfortunately, despite leading 1-0 away to Norwich, his side capitulated and lost that game 2-1. It gives little indication about what we can expect from Villa under Smith.

McClaren's side may be under a decent spell at the moment but in the home form table they are in 16th place with just 3 wins from their 7 league games at home. On the flip side, it is form that is improving having lost just 1 of their last 5 league games at Loftus Road.

This is a tough game to call. I've never really rated McClaren as a manager. He's undoubtedly an excellent coach but he's never really excelled as a manager in this country. Some may argue otherwise pointing to him winning the 2003/04 EFL Cup with Middlesbrough. He's clearly addressed some deep issues that QPR had at the start of the season. Will this form last? I just think a manager like Smith can outwit McClaren but Smith might still need time getting used to his Villa squad. I'm not sure these two sides will be separated.

Draw @ 3.30 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.83 with SportPesa

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys picking out as the ones to back this weekend? Do you agree with my tips for this first game?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Aston Villa have scored in each of their last 14 matches in Championship.
QPR have scored 64% of their goals in the first half in Championship.
Aston Villa conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Championship.
32% of QPR's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in 100% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 80 Football Betting Streaks for 26.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-10-2018-11749

3 hours ago, Marek76 said:

Bolton vs Hull City

2 of Hull's centre backs got subsituted during their last game at Bristol. If they don't get fit before the weekend, it will leave Hull with not a single fit centreback. Overall their squad looks very thin at the moment which makes me wonder even more why on Earth they are favs vs Bolton?

Definitely two of the worst teams in the league. Bolton were absolutely terrible against Forest and are going down on that showing. They've got 16 points, which suggests they are not always that bad but I certainly wouldn't be rushing to back them.

Middlesbrough vs Derby

One of the toughest games to call in a while in the Championship (and that's saying something!) is coming up at 12:30pm this Saturday when second placed Middlesbrough play in-form Derby at the Riverside and with just 2 points separating the teams in the table there's a lot to win and lose for both sides here.

Middlesbrough possess one of the best home records in the Championship but things haven't been so easy on home turf over recent games. In fact, Tony Pulis has seen his side fail to win in three league games at the Riverside now. Even more of a concern is that Boro have failed to score in over 270 minutes of league football at home.

Derby are a side that appear to be improving over recent games. Under Frank Lampard, the Rams were struggling to find consistency. However, an unbeaten run during October has seen the team fly up the table and their 4-1 win away to West Brom in midweek really made people stand up and listen.

Despite recent form, I think Middlesbrough will still put in a solid display here. Pulis has seen his Boro side keep 10 clean sheets at home in the league in 2018. It's also telling that in the 13 matches Pulis has managed against Derby, not a single one has ended in a draw. Is it perhaps time for that to end?

A key time in this game will be the opening 15 minutes. Derby have scored 5 goals in that period this season. That's more than any other team in the Championship. If Middlesbrough can shut the Rams out for that opening period then it could set them up for the remainder of the game.

It's hard to call an outright on this. If I was pushed I'd probably just go for the draw but I'm not confident. This Derby team is full of match winners such as Jack Marriott, Tom Lawrence, and Harry Wilson. Middlesbrough will need to rely on that 0.5 goals per game conceded defence if they are to take something from this game. It'll be a tall order against a Derby side that has banged in 6 goals in their last 2 matches. It's going to be a compelling game.

Derby Double Chance @ 1.79 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.62 with UniBet

Millwall vs Ipswich

The Championship will see two sides having a hard time of it this season come face-to-face at The Den this Saturday for a 3pm kick-off when 20th placed Millwall play a bottom-placed Ipswich in a game that could really damage morale for the losing team come the final whistle.

Millwall were nearly play-off contenders last season but for some reason this season has been tougher for Neil Harris and his players. The Lions are starting to show signs of recovery with just 1 loss in their last 4 league games. Prior to that run, they had gone 8 league games without a victory. Two wins in their last three league games has revitalised hope within the Millwall camp and fan base.

It's not been quite as optimistic for the Tractor Boys. Ipswich sacked manager Paul Hurst on Thursday. A little harsh. I mean, you hire an up and coming manager with a squad that even the experienced Mick McCarthy couldn't do anything with. You then have him sell your best players and give him a measly transfer budget to sign players from League One and League Two. Then you wonder why it's not working so put all the blame on the gaffer. Further incompetence by Marcus Evans and his cohorts.

I'm backing Millwall here because Ipswich are well and truly up the creek. I just don't know which manager can turn things around there. Well, I do but they let him go last season! Bryan Klug has limited experience as a manager and going to Millwall away is the least attractive match for an inexperienced manager. It could be a hard day at the office for the away side.

Millwall -1 @ 2.75 with Spreadex

Millwall HT/FT @ 2.70 with BetVictor

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

79% of Middlesbrough's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Hull City have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Championship.
West Bromwich have scored in 100% of their home matches in Championship.
Preston have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 6 home matches in Championship.
Hull City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Sheffield Wed conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 14 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 240 Football Betting Streaks for 27.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-10-2018-11762