Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - October 29 - November 4

15 minutes ago, AlicanteDream said:

Going for Gasquet and Tiafoe today. They are much more than their opponents. Also going to add Kukushkin, who seems in his best right now. Good luck

Welcome back, I have no opinion on any of those matches. Good luck

Philipp Kohlschreiber (+1.5 sets) to beat Marin Cilic at 1.80 with Unibet

I agree that Cilic has been a bit of a dead-weight recently, but I'll stick to the set handicap instead of the outright here, as Cilic will want to get some positives in before London. He's essentially qualified unless a lot of things would go wrong, so no pressure - and that could work in his favor. Kohli has never been a good opponent for him, however.

Is there a possibility of djokovic losing round 1.  I would say yes it’s his first indoor tournament and he may be lookimg ahead for the tour finals and extra rest for next season as well. Go home and spend some time with his family rested. 

But it’s very unlikely I can see he a picture of him on Twitter He looks fit and ready I guess he’s been practicing in Paris

Edited by money44

7 minutes ago, money44 said:

Is there a possibility of djokovic losing round 1.  I would say yes it’s his first indoor tournament and he may be lookimg ahead for the tour finals and extra rest for next season as well. Go home and spend some time with his family rested. 

But it’s very unlikely I can see he a picture of him on Twitter He looks fit and ready I guess he’s been practicing in Paris

There's also a possibility but in this case it is small I don't believe there is any value right now. He is currently an impenetrable fortress right now - wait until the later rounds when he will play the better players.

Gasquet -1.50 AH @ 1.746 with Pinnacle

Denis Shapovalov will face Richard Gasquet in R1 of the Paris Masters. Shapovalov has had some bad weeks, especially because of his inability to break serve, also his serve and return isn't good now. Gasquet has good record here and in the last 2 tournaments he played, also it's home for him. I see Gasquet winning this.

2 minutes ago, money44 said:

Probably shapovalov Going to win

No I don't think Sharpo is going to win, like Alex De Minaur his form is looking bad ahead of Milan. Right now Richard is down a break but it's not unlikely that he can break back. Early breaks are not always the best.

7 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

No I don't think Sharpo is going to win, like Alex De Minaur his form is looking bad ahead of Milan. Right now Richard is down a break but it's not unlikely that he can break back. Early breaks are not always the best.

Shapovalov playing in near top form, gasquet is cooked

good call on feli lopez. clutch as usual and experienced enough to win the third set tiebreaker from being 2-5 down. very nice! i took him after he lost the first set.

i like basilashvili to beat anderson.

anderson already qualified for london, he will be motivated as hell to gain a good result there and he just won vienna so he might be happy about an early exit so he can fully recover for london. additional anderson has not the best record in paris i think, he is 7-6 overall at Paris Masters.

Nicolas Mahut to beat Frances Tiafoe at 2.37 with bet365

Frances form ahead of Milan is even worse than Sharpos and Alex De Minaurs form. Nicolas played well in qualies and reached the third round of Paris last season. Upset alert for me so I'm gonna have a go on Nicolas and see where he takes me.

It would be rather strange to see Nicolas win tonight after seeing him in Orleans challenger second round versus Tallon Griekspoor which he lost heavily. Tallon didn't even reach the semis as he went out versus Luca Vanni in straight sets the match after so I wonder what that poor play was all about for Nicolas.

Mikhail Kukushkin to beat Pierre-Hugues Herbert at 2.20 with bet365

The game Mikhail showed last week can come in handy here. P-H has a bad record in Paris as the only match win he has in Paris is when he beat Benoit Paire in 2 sets back in 2013. Mikhail only have a qualifying loss to Jan-Lennard Struff in Paris but his form is good enough to beat P-H and the odds are probably as good as it gets. Small upset for me with the in-form kazakh.

Edited by four-leaf

Probably "special exception" for qualifying/entry purposes, although I'm not sure why it's used in this particular case, maybe he was supposed to play quallies but couldn't because he was still in Vienna, so they gave him a straight enty. It most certainly doesn't mean anything important.

Just now, CzechPunter said:

He's actually my least favourite player (or one of), as I always get him wrong. I think that he's going to win, so he's probably going to lose.

Thanks! I'll skip JC then, I don't think the 1.50 odds on JC is worth the risk.

Aragone is decent but he has diabetes and is very inconsistent because of that. 

SE means exactly what CzechPunter mentioned above.

If a player reaches the SF at a tournament and can't play the qualifying tournament for the next weeks tournament he can get a SE entry.

Edited by opole