** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > October 20th

Darran

Last weekend was really good and the double on Tuesday night kept things ticking over nicely. 64 teams on Saturday will be hoping they are in the hat for Monday nights FA Cup 1st Round draw and finally the bookies have woken up to offering odds on the competition. I have 5 bets in the FA Cup and also one bet in the National League South.

Concord Rangers v Dover

If this game had taken place a couple of weeks ago I would have backed the home side, however Andy Hessenthaler had an instant impact on Dover last weekend. They should have beaten Harrogate last Saturday having been the better side for most of the game especially in the 2nd half. It was only a 95th minute equaliser which lead to them only getting a point. This was a huge improvement on the performances Dover have been putting in this season if they can repeat that then I think they can get into the 1st Round. Concord got off to a really good start in National League South, but their form of late has not been great and they have only managed to beat Truro in their last 7 league games. They do have a good squad so at their best they can make things tricky for Dover, but like I say if Dover can get anywhere near the level they did in Hessenthaler's first game in charge then I can't see anything but a Dover win. Bet365 are best price on a Dover win at 15/8.

Eastleigh v Hampton & Richmond

I took Hessenthaler's former club on last week and it proved a profitable decision and I am going to take them on again here. Granted they were facing an improving Aldershot side, but I do get the feeling that Hessenthaler leaving has had an effect on the team and it has put a stop to the improvement they were making. I think that could leave them vulnerable to a Cup upset especially to a side like Hampton. They had won 5 games on the bounce in the league, but have lost their last two. The first was against league leaders Billericay though who were superb against them and then they lost to Wealdstone last Saturday which was their first away defeat of the season although it wasn't helped by a red card in the 2nd half. They have the capability to cause Eastleigh problems and it might just be the right time to be playing them. Marathon are 13/4 about an away win.

Ebbsfleet v Worthing

To be fair to Ebbsfleet it sounds like they were a little unlucky to lose to Solihull although regular readers will know they have been much better on their travels than they have been at home and I am sure they are far from looking forward to this match which looks a potential Cup upset. Worthing maybe two levels below their hosts on Saturday, but they are having a superb season so far. They have only lost once in the league and are just one point behind the leaders in 2nd place. Worthing should be looking forward to this as I would love to be playing Ebbsfleet at home at the moment given how lacklustre they are on their own pitch at the moment. They will obviously be high on confidence as well and there is a huge amount of pressure on Ebbsfleet to avoid defeat and manager Daryl McMahon could be out of a job if they lose this. The 7/1 with BetVictor about an away win makes plenty appeal.

Met Police v Havant & Waterlooville

I think the home side could cause an upset against a Havant side who are struggling for wins. Obviously this is an easier match than they are used to playing in the league, but travelling to a side who are making themselves hard to beat. They have only lost two games in the league so far this season and although they have drawn more than they have won, they had a great 4-1 win over Taunton 3 weeks ago and last weekend they were involved in a 4-4 thriller with Basingstoke. I love taking on teams who have a lot of pressure on because they are struggling in their league especially when they are playing away at teams who are capable on their day of causing on upset and this game fits the bill. If you can get a bet on with Boylesports then they are 15/4 otherwise it is 7/2 with BetVictor and Betway.

Warrington v Halifax

Warrington had won 7 league games on the bounce prior to just their 2nd defeat of the season last weekend against Matlock. They didn't play well and maybe they had their minds on this game because they have a real chance of causing an upset and getting through to the 1st Round. I didn't think there was a great deal of quality on show in the Halifax v Chesterfield game on the TV last weekend and as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago Halifax's away form is poor with just one win so far this season. Warrington made the play-offs last season and they are now favourites for the title this time around after their superb start to the season. I wouldn't want to go too much lower, but I think there is value in BetVictor's and Betway's 2/1 on a home win.

FA Cup Acca

I like 4 odds on shots to win on Saturday. It is hard to see Salford or Torquay failing to beat Marine or Winchester respectively and they both look bankers. Boreham Wood host Dagenham & Redbridge and given how off the pace Dagenham look at the moment it really should be a home win especially given how strong Boreham Wood are at home. The final tie also features two sides from the same division as Weston-Super-Mare host Bath. Weston are still yet to win in the league and they have had a very easy passage to this stage of the competition. It looks a great chance for Bath, who have won 7 out of their last 10 league games, to reach the 1st Round. The acca pays around 4.7/1 with Marathon.

Dartford v Dulwich

I think Dulwich are a big price at 13/5 for this as I think Dulwich are the better side. Now Dartford have only lost one game in their last 6, but they have beaten East Turrock and Weston who are both in the relegation zone and have only 8 points between them so far this season. They were fortunate to get points against Eastbourne and Billericay and they beat Chippenham last week, but the winner came from their keeper whose kick was helped by the strong wind. Dulwich have really hit their stride now they have got used to the league and have only lost once in their last 6 games, winning their last 3. One of those victories was a win at Woking so going to another of the league's bigger teams won't bother them at all. I think they have a much better chance than their odds of 13/5 with Bet365 suggest.

Dover 1pt @ 15/8 with Bet365

Hampton & Richmond 1pt @ 13/4 with Marathon

Worthing 1pt @ 7/1 with BetVictor

Met Police 1pt @ 15/4 with Boylesports

Warrington 1pt @ 2/1 with BetVictor and Betway

Salford/Torquay/Boreham Wood/Bath 1pt acca @ 4/7/1 with Marathon

Dulwich 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365

Edited by Darran

Wow had not seen that and it’s a big surprise although I guess it explains their lacklustre performances in recent weeks. Also explains why the manager hasn’t been sacked yet. Would imagine the Worthing price will contract on the back of this.

10 hours ago, Darran said:

Ha ha to be fair the naps have done much better this month! Nearly put your team up but just wonder how seriously you will be taking it. 5/2 would be huge if it was a league game.

Manager is taking it seriously, I believe. For a team with our cup pedigree we've been crap for years and fans want it taken seriously. We also should have won the league game up there. We are possibly a bit light at centre back though. Price is big though.

6 minutes ago, mijOsim said:

Mates, what about Salford -1EH? I was unlucky last week with them. How big is differnce in class here?

Marine are two leagues below and currently in 17th. If Salford play the first team the class difference is huge.

8 minutes ago, Darran said:

Marine are two leagues below and currently in 17th. If Salford play the first team the class difference is huge.

I believe Salford will play first team. Will wait for lineups. Saw Marine have some good results latelly. Still, from your words, its big difference between leagues. Dont think Salford will make fool of themselves here.

I don't know much about the teams at this level of English football, but I've taken Fylde DNB against Chesterfield - mostly based on Fylde's impressive home record. Odds for home win is 2.25 at pinnacle (2.2 at bet365) which looks great to me, but I had to cover the draw.