Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
BillyHills

2018 USA Grand Prix

Lewis Hamilton starts on pole position tonight in Austin, Texas and this is where the World Championship could be decided, well I thinks its decided its just when it will happen. Main rival Sebastian Vettel has been given a 3-place grid penalty for not slowing down under a Red Flag on Friday and this has increased the possibility of a Hamilton crown this weekend.

How Hamilton can clinch title at US GP

• If Hamilton wins and Vettel is third or lower

• If Hamilton finishes second and Vettel is fifth or lower

• If Hamilton finishes third and Vettel is seventh or lower

• If Hamilton finishes fourth and Vettel is eighth or lower

• If Hamilton finishes fifth and Vettel is ninth or lower

• If Hamilton finishes sixth and Vettel is 11th or lower

If Hamilton finishes seventh or lower the title race goes on to the Mexican GP on October 28

You can get 4/11 at BoyleSports on Hamilton winning tonights race but generally he is a 2/7 chance. He starts on pole along side Kimi Raikkonen who was promoted after Vettel was give his grid penalty. Vettel now starts 5th and while its not impossible to win from there its obviously not ideal. His mind set is a bit questionable too and has been for a while in my opinion. For me he's more likely to not finish than win this race (6/1 bet365)

Bottas and Ricciardo fill row 2 while Max Verstappen is down in 13th after a suspension issue after climbing the kerbs once too often.
Its a strange grid and its difficult to find any value in the usual markets, the best I can come up with is Raikkonen to hold on for a podium spot. I think its too late to keep asking Kimi to move aside for Vettel so he should defend his spot, Ferrari have good straight line speed so he could be the bet at 4/5 with HIlls, who actually make Vettel 2/5??

Reliability is normally good around here but we do have the chance of rain and also one or two teams are looking a bit jaded, add to the fact we have some outgoing drivers who seem to have lost interest. Its 4/7 for over 15.5 finishers and it could be just worth risking the Unders this week at a big looking 11/8.  A Safety Car is 8/15 with BetVictor and I think that looks the safest option this week too.

All in all its a difficult race to be confident about anything, some value bets to keep me interested.

Bets:
Raikkonen Podium 4/5 Hills
Under 15.5 Finishers 11/8 bet635
Safety Car 8/15 BetVictor
Vettel Not To Finish 6/1 bet365