Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Ligue 1 & 2 Predictions > Oct 19th - 22nd

St Etienne vs Rennes

Ligue 1 action is back this weekend after some time off for the international break. It's tough to find value this week but I think I've found it in a 4pm kick-off this Sunday at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard where St Etienne will host Rennes in a game that could be an intriguing one.

St Etienne are looking like real contenders for a European spot this season. Jean-Louis Gasset has guided his side to 5th in the table with 3 wins from their last 4 league games. The 3-1 defeat before the international break to a Lille side that are also impressing came at a bad time but after some time to pause for reflection it might have been a gap in matches that Gasset's team needed.

Rennes are doing OK so far. 11th place in the Ligue 1 table is slightly behind on their 5th placed finish last season but they're still chugging along without any real need for panic. Sabri Lamouchi's side were fortunate to beat Monaco away 2-1 due to the home side getting a man sent off. It was their first win in four league matches so can they build on it now?

The most important factor for me here is how well St Etienne have been playing at home. It's 3 wins and 1 draw from their first 4 league games at home. Only PSG, Lille, and Marseille have earned more points at home this season. The key has been defence with just two goals conceded in those matches. Rennes have been free-scoring on the road but are also conceding an average of 2 goals per game away. I think this game could see a tighter affair with St Etienne's solid defence keeping the goal count down.

So on that basis, I'm going to have to back St Etienne for the home win at the odds listed. I've been impressed with their form so far and I think there are still issues that Rennes haven't sorted. The win against a struggling Monaco team was fortuitous and before that they were looking like a team that might get sucked into a relegation battle this season. It could be a tough game on the road here.

St Etienne to Win @ 2.30 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.82 with MarathonBet

@Pep004, @sodabrab, @giraldi, @Magic0024, @allthethings, @DrO, @malabgd, @Xcout, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @FCNA, @silver fox, and @canaries91, are you guys looking to get any bets down for these games this weekend? What do you think of my tips above?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1 and Ligue 2

Lyon scored in last 3 home games in Ligue 1.
Nimes didn’t score in last 3 games in Ligue 1.
Grenoble Foot scored in last 4 games in Ligue 2.
Clermont has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Ligue 2.
Sochaux has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in Ligue 2.
Troyes won their last 3 home games in Ligue 2.
Paris FC allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 5 games in Ligue 2.

You can find interesting 76 Football Betting Streaks for 19.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-10-2018-11674

Lyon v Nîmes Olympique

Lyon: Gouiri (0/0 f), Tete (0/0 d), Tousart (8/0 m, suspended), Cornet (6/0 f), Dubois (6/0 d), Fekir (6/2 f, 2nd top scorer), Rafael (7/0 d)

Nîmes Olympique: Landre (8/0 d), Guillaume (8/1 f) (both suspended), Lybohy (4/0 d), Ripart (9/2 f, top scorer, doubtful), Diallo (7/0 m), Valdivia (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1

Paris Saint-Germain has over 2.5 goals in their last 21 games in Ligue 1.
Guingamp has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Ligue 1.
Caen has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Ligue 1.
Toulouse allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Ligue 1.
Reims has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in Ligue 1.
Angers won their last 3 away games in Ligue 1.

You can find interesting 129 Football Betting Streaks for 20.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-10-2018-11677

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 1

Montpellier scored in last 3 home games in Ligue 1.
Bordeaux allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 away games in Ligue 1.
Montpellier scored in last 6 games in Ligue 1.
Montpellier allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 home games in Ligue 1.

You can find interesting 80 Football Betting Streaks for 21.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-10-2018-11680

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Ligue 2

Gazelec Ajaccio has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Ligue 2.
Lens allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 5 games in Ligue 2.

You can find interesting 36 Football Betting Streaks for 22.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-10-2018-11683