Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Oct 20th & 21st

Recommended Posts

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

scotsratings.jpg

The next round of League 1, League 2, SPL, Scottish Championship, and Scottish League 1 odds and ratings are out and listed above. There's no Scottish League 2 action this weekend due to the Scottish FA Cup starting. So check out the information above and share your thoughts with us below! :ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doncaster vs Gillingham

First up in the previews for this section's weekend action is a game between two sides who I don't think I've ever included in my tips before. It's high-flying Doncaster versus a struggling Gillingham in a 3pm kick-off this Saturday at the Keepmoat Stadium so let's crack on with it.

Doncaster are sitting in 4th place in League One just 3 points off the automatic promotion spots. Grant McCann is having a positive influence at the club as it looks to make a return to the Championship this season. The club suffered back-to-back defeats at the start of October before a win against Rochdale away last weekend got their form back on the right road.

This season is looking like one to forget for Gillingham. Head coach Steve Lovell just about managed to keep the team in this division last season but this year looks like it could prove even tougher. The team is in 19th place just 1 point above the relegation zone and has only won 1 of its last 10 league games.

I'm expecting a tough afternoon for the Gills here. They have won just 2 of their 6 games on the road and 7 defeats in their last 10 games has seen a losing mentality set in. The draw away to Shrewsbury and the win away to Portsmouth were a pair of shock results but asking the players to perform to such a level for a third away game in a row is asking a lot.

That is particularly so because they face a Doncaster side that have lost just 1 of their 6 home matches this season and have won 5 of their last 7 league games. I'd even be tempted to back the home side to win this by a couple of goals. Gillingham's 2-0 defeat at home to Southend last weekend was demoralising. The players may well feel less pressure on the road but this Doncaster side won't be in a forgiving mood clearly buoyed by the convincing win against Rochdale.

Doncaster to Win @ 1.78 with MarathonBet

Doncaster HT/FT @ 2.75 with BetVictor


@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02, @Bobby Vegas, @Teodore, @Tiffy, @nenri981, @MangoTheThird, and @sajtion, what bets are you guys likely to slam down this weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my tips for league 1:

Peterborough U to beat Accrington
Blackpool to draw with Wimbledon AFC
Bristol R to draw with Oxford U
Luton to beat Walsall 
Charlton to beat Barnsley
Bradford C to lose to Rochdale
Plymouth to beat Burton 
Southend to beat Coventry 

 

If I havent tipped a game I reckon its too difficult to call. As it is, Ive gone for 2 draws and my tips are based on the odds being too generous in my opinion, so it doesnt mean it will come in, it just means if I bet enough times I would hope to make some money eg Charlton v Barnsley, I am only tipping them as odds can be found at 3.2 to 3.5. I reckon if they played 3 times Charlton would win at least once. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

League 2 tips:

MK Dons to beat Northampton
Macclesfield to beat Carlisle
Forest Green to beat Cheltenham
Lincoln to beat Cambridge
Morecambe to draw with Colchester
Oldham to draw with Port Vale 

 

Again its based on odds. The outside bet this time is Macclesfield v Carlisle, Odds of over 3 are too good to miss, but it;s certainly far from a sure bet!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only going to stick my neck out on two games in the Scottish Premiership:

Livingston to beat Dundee
Celtic to beat Hibernian

On paper it appears to be easy money. In reality I'm poor so there you go! Can'y help but think they are dead certs though!! Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

OK, for entertainment purposes, if you were putting money down, where would you be putting it?

honestly i would stay away from low odd teams this week because every week i fall for the same trap. ideally they should be routine wins but routine is anything but in these games. teams like luton, doncaster, portsmouth, lincoln will expect to win and they may but more often these matches tend to go awol. you could say a team like cambridge is so poor and no chance of getting anything but usually when teams are in such poor form and as they say down and out they usually come back fighting at some point. i would not be surprised if they are more motivated and raise their game. can they win? well maybe but i've seen plenty of situations like this and it makes you pull your hair out and at how they lose to lesser sides but win against better ones. well the answer is, they simply know well ahead they are up against it. it really comes down to expectations and it affects the psyche of players. you and i know that anyone can beat anyone in this division because players and clubs are not professional enough to win week in and week out. i will bet you cambridge are not going to be the ones underestimating i'm not getting involved until tuesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm not playing these but just for my fellow punters on the forums i will post a couple that could come in on saturday

bournemouth, newcastle, cardiff, aston villa, ipswich, reading, southend, mk dons

stake £20   pays £10.000

good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luton Town v Walsall FC

Luton Town: Lloyd Jones (0/0 d), Marek Štěch (3/0 g), Eunan O'Kane (3/0 m)(all doubtful), Luke Berry (0/0 m)

Walsall FC: Isaiah Osbourne (10/1 m, probably in), Adam Chambers (1/0 m, captain), Joe Edwards (0/0 d m), Kory Roberts (0/0 d)

 

Bristol Rovers v Oxford United

Bristol Rovers: Tareiq Holmes-Dennis (0/0 d)

Oxford United: Cameron Brannagan (12/1 m, suspended), Jon Obika (11/1 f), Rob Hall (2/0 f), Tsun Dai (0/0 m), Fabio Lopes (0/0 f)

 

Bury FC v Notts County

Bury FC: Byron Moore (8/3 f), Eoghan O'Connell (6/1 d), Jermain Beckford (1/0 f)(all doubtful), Caolan Lavery (2/0 f)

Notts County: David Vaughan (7/0 m, doubtful), Richard Duffy (5/1 d, probably out), Rob Milsom (6/1 m, suspended), Terry Hawkridge (3/0 m), Ben Hall (0/0 d)

 

Crawley Town v Newport County

Crawley Town: Ashley Nathaniel-George (8/2 m, doubtful), Bondz N'Gala (7/0 d, suspended), Jimmy Smith (3/1 m, captain)

Newport County: Keanu Marsh-Brown (6/0 m, doubtful), Tyreeq Bakinson (11/1 m, probably out), Mark O'Brien (5/0 d), Andrew Crofts (2/0 m, captain), Robbie Willmott (3/0 m)

 

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Celtic has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premiership.
Heart of Midlothian scored in last 3 games in Premiership.
Aberdeen allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 6 away games in Premiership.
Celtic won their last 5 home games in Premiership.
Hibernian scored in last 3 away games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 129 Football Betting Streaks for 20.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-10-2018-11677

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic v Hibernian

An improving Hibs side can go to Glasgow and get a result today and with the odds available you have to say the value is all on the Edinburgh team. The Celtic defence looks weak this season and with the goal threat Hibs carry, we should create enough chances to score at least once, that could be enough to ensure we come away with at least a point.

A very confident Hibs +1 @ 3.20.

S Mallan Anytime Scorer @ 5.00. Just for fun.

Hearts v Aberdeen

Aberdeen bring their ugly brand of football to Tynecastle today and you can guarantee they'll do their usual niggly fouls, disrupting, time wasting and spoiling tactics from the very first minute. With the small pitch dimensions and Hearts own overly physical, direct approach this one certainly won't be a game for the purists. The term ''this game has nil nil written all over it'' was invented for games like this.

Total Match Goals Under 1.5 @ 3.00.

 

 

Edited by allyhibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton vs Rangers

Unlucky on those calls, @allyhibs. Totally worth backing given recent results. Hopefully, better luck next week. In this second preview, I'll take a look at the remaining SPL fixture in this weekend's games between a struggling Hamilton side and a Rangers side that need a win here to stay in touch at the top. They play at New Douglas Park in a 1:30pm kick-off tomorrow lunch-time.

Hamilton have really found life hard this season. Martin Canning's side have only managed 6 points in 8 games this season. That's come in the form of just two wins. The gap of 5 points between them and their nearest rivals in St Johnstone in 8th place means they are in danger of being cut adrift if they don't start picking up points soon.

Rangers are still unable to break into the top four of the SPL due to their inconsistency. Steve Gerrard's team have 14 points from their 8 league games but are sat in 6th place. A win here would likely move them ahead of Hibernian on goal difference and keep them in the title fight.

Something has to give in this game. Hamilton have only won 1 of their 4 home games this season but Rangers haven't managed a win away from home yet this season with 2 draws and 2 defeats. Do Gerrard's side have enough to take all three points here? Their problem on the road has been scoring goals. They've not hit the net in the past 227 minutes of league football on the road.

In this game, I'm expecting Rangers to do the business. Hamilton are a team I'm tipping to really struggle this season. The only thing that might see them stay up is the fact Dundee, St Mirren, and Motherwell are so bad. Those bottom four sides will struggle to take many points off the teams above them this season. I'm expecting Rangers to win here and break that away day hoodoo.

Rangers HT/FT @ 1.91 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.82 with Marathonbet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, MangoTheThird said:

Here's my tips for league 1:

Peterborough U to beat Accrington
Blackpool to draw with Wimbledon AFC
Bristol R to draw with Oxford U
Luton to beat Walsall 
Charlton to beat Barnsley
Bradford C to lose to Rochdale
Plymouth to beat Burton 
Southend to beat Coventry 

 

If I havent tipped a game I reckon its too difficult to call. As it is, Ive gone for 2 draws and my tips are based on the odds being too generous in my opinion, so it doesnt mean it will come in, it just means if I bet enough times I would hope to make some money eg Charlton v Barnsley, I am only tipping them as odds can be found at 3.2 to 3.5. I reckon if they played 3 times Charlton would win at least once. :-)

3 out of 5 so far. So Ive doubled my stake plus 25%. A good week at last!

 

✘ Blackpool 2 Wimbledon AFC 0 $0.00
✘ Southend 1 Coventry 2 $0.00
✔ Luton 2 Walsall 0 $17.00
✔ Bradford C 0 Rochdale 2 $24.00
✔ Charlton 2 Barnsley 0 $34.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Hamilton vs Rangers

Unlucky on those calls, @allyhibs. Totally worth backing given recent results. Hopefully, better luck next week. In this second preview, I'll take a look at the remaining SPL fixture in this weekend's games between a struggling Hamilton side and a Rangers side that need a win here to stay in touch at the top. They play at New Douglas Park in a 1:30pm kick-off tomorrow lunch-time.

Hamilton have really found life hard this season. Martin Canning's side have only managed 6 points in 8 games this season. That's come in the form of just two wins. The gap of 5 points between them and their nearest rivals in St Johnstone in 8th place means they are in danger of being cut adrift if they don't start picking up points soon.

Rangers are still unable to break into the top four of the SPL due to their inconsistency. Steve Gerrard's team have 14 points from their 8 league games but are sat in 6th place. A win here would likely move them ahead of Hibernian on goal difference and keep them in the title fight.

Something has to give in this game. Hamilton have only won 1 of their 4 home games this season but Rangers haven't managed a win away from home yet this season with 2 draws and 2 defeats. Do Gerrard's side have enough to take all three points here? Their problem on the road has been scoring goals. They've not hit the net in the past 227 minutes of league football on the road.

In this game, I'm expecting Rangers to do the business. Hamilton are a team I'm tipping to really struggle this season. The only thing that might see them stay up is the fact Dundee, St Mirren, and Motherwell are so bad. Those bottom four sides will struggle to take many points off the teams above them this season. I'm expecting Rangers to win here and break that away day hoodoo.

Rangers HT/FT @ 1.91 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.82 with Marathonbet

Rangers will win this one easily, Hamilton are a very poor side. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 5 goal thrashing.

Rangers -2 @ 3.20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Never in doubt :loon

That's what I like about that bet, Ally. Using every second of the 90 minutes to get your value for money when it comes to betting. Settled after 75 minutes? Pah. You're going all the way! :lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

That's what I like about that bet, Ally. Using every second of the 90 minutes to get your value for money when it comes to betting. Settled after 75 minutes? Pah. You're going all the way! :lol

I feel a little bit dirty after cheering a Rangers goal but it rescued a poor weekend so I can live with it I suppose. Absolutely no chance I'm backing Hearts tonight though, even though they should beat Dundee comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this