** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Boxing: October/November/December 2018

opole

Martin Bakole vs. Michael Hunter

=> Michael Hunter ML @ 2.35 The Greek Stake: 5/10

Hunter was a very successful amateur. Between 2006 and 2012 he won numerous national and international titles. Won the 2006 bronze medal in Morocco at the U19 WC, won the national championship in the US in 2007 and 2009 and he also won the National Golden Gloves in 2011 (Deontay Wilder four years earlier). In addition he is a former Olympian and competed at the 2012 London Olympics. There he had to fight in the first round vs. Artur Beterbiev and lost a razor close decision 10-10+. On Wikipedia you will read Hunter ost by KO, which is however a mistake and not correct. Beterbiev then went out against Usyk in round two. So Hunter had a long and good amateur career, then he turned professional in March 2013 and was very, very active with 12 fights in the first three years of his pro career. This has changed a bit in the last two and a half years. Since his first good win over Isiah Thomas in May 2016 he has only fought three times. 2017 against Usyk and this year against the solid journeyman Terrell Jamal Woods and former cruiserweight Iago Kiladze. Woods is very solid despite of his poor fight record, he was a good test for many top prospects because he has a good chin and is very experienced. Kiladze, of course, is always a good win although he is slowing down and his chin is troubling him too as he got knocked out cold three times in a row now but still vs. very solid opponent (Kownacki, Hunter, Joyce). If you compare the three guys in terms of how they managed to beat Kiladze i think you can see that the level of Hunter is quite solid as Kownacki and Joyce are both currently top 15/20 HWs. 

I saw the fight against Kiladze and that was a very, very strong performance from Hunter. I've rewatched at the fight against Usyk too. Hunter lost in April 2017 by decision. The fight was really close. Hunter was 5-4 rounds up for me after nine rounds but Usyk was very, very strong in the last three rounds and really did a great job and Hunter had to take some heavy flush shots and was ruled down once in the 12th round, a TKO was close to happen but Hunter did a great job and survived the round. Good sign, I think he has not just given up, his chin seems to be very solid one and the will was enormous. Had Usyk up 115-112 in the end because of the knockdown, but overall, if you let the last three rounds out of your picture this was a super tight fight and if Hunter wouldn't have gassed out badly he might even beat Usyk on my card. Here you can see the biggest strength of Hunter. Hunter is just a super strong and intelligent boxer who moves very well and can keep up with the elite like Usyk by his speed and ring iq. 

The fight against Bakole here is of course a different matchup because first Hunter is fighting here against a current heavyweight and on the other side Ilunga has massive power. 11 wins, 8 by KO. Ilunga is considered a top prospect, but I do not really know what to think of it. His balance sheet is padded because his opponents were first-rate glass cannons most of the time. After 11 fights he has fought opponents who together have a fight record of 90 (W) -160 (L) -18 (D). Obviously his wins are looking solid as the cross-comparions with prospects like Tony Yoka, Nathan Gorman or Daniel Dubois are looking really good but still he has only fought some bums. This is without a question a big step up for Bakole and we have to see how he deals with such a good and smart boxer like Hunter. I would say it like that: If Bakole is for real then it's a pick em fight 50/50, but if Bakole isn't for real and we do not know it right now then Hunter should be seen as the clear favorite with odds around @ 1.5.

Kubrat Pulev vs. Hughie Fury

=> Hughie Fury ML @ 2.20 Pinnacle stake: 4/10

I know it's in Bulgaria and obviously that's the reason why Pulev is the underdog here otherwise he would be definitely prized as the favorite. I don't know if it's really a factor here as Epic sports won the purse bid. I doubt Pulev should be the favorite here, i don't know but he is quite inactive recently, his last fight was 18 months ago vs. oldie Kevin Johnson who isn't anyone you can take seriously as he is only running away, a very negative fighter in the ring as you could see vs Dubois this month who also went the distance. Pulev only fought one solid opponent since losing to Wladimir Klitschko in 2014 and that was Chisora two years ago where he edged a split decision over the Brit and it was more or less deserved but Hughie Fury is a completly different matchup. Hugie developed very well since the Parker loss. He is fast, moving a lot, has a good jab and of course has the height and reach as a big advantage. I think Pulev is a solid stylistic matchup for Fury as Hughie knows how to deal with a guy who probably only has the jab as his biggest weapon. Pulev is no slugger and no brawler, he is nobody who throws the right hand uncautious, he is a safety first boxer and i doubt that's enough as he won't have the speed to trouble Hughie. Odds are close i know and it might be correctly but i have the feeling Hughie will pull this out as he should ! be the guy who have all things on his side apart from the home factor.

Georges Ory vs. Josh Wale

=> Josh Wale ML @ 2.10 5dimes 5/10

For me Wale is the clear favorite here although they are fighting in France. Wale is the better boxer overall, he was a decent amateur a couple of years ago turned pro in 2006 already being 18 years old. The thing is he only lost to very solid opposition like Gavin McDonnell (he drew with him once btw), Kid Galahad, Stuart Hall, James Dickens and Leigh Wood. He is on a 7-0 run for almost two and a half years now and he is getting his big European title chance today and i am pretty sure he will take advantage of it as he should be the superior boxer. He is better in all aspects and i can't see Ory knocking Wale out either as Ory is featherfisted. Of course there is a small chance that Wale is getting robbed here on the card but i doubt it, i expect a clear decision for Wale.

5 hours ago, opole said:

Georges Ory vs. Josh Wale

=> Josh Wale ML @ 2.10 5dimes 5/10

For me Wale is the clear favorite here although they are fighting in France. Wale is the better boxer overall, he was a decent amateur a couple of years ago turned pro in 2006 already being 18 years old. The thing is he only lost to very solid opposition like Gavin McDonnell (he drew with him once btw), Kid Galahad, Stuart Hall, James Dickens and Leigh Wood. He is on a 7-0 run for almost two and a half years now and he is getting his big European title chance today and i am pretty sure he will take advantage of it as he should be the superior boxer. He is better in all aspects and i can't see Ory knocking Wale out either as Ory is featherfisted. Of course there is a small chance that Wale is getting robbed here on the card but i doubt it, i expect a clear decision for Wale.

Ory wins, blatant robbery, Wale won 8 or 9 rounds clearly and still lost. France is a disgusting corrupt country if it comes to boxing. Unreal robbery. Can't believe it.

On 21/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, opole said:

Kubrat Pulev vs. Hughie Fury

=> Hughie Fury ML @ 2.20 Pinnacle stake: 4/10

I know it's in Bulgaria and obviously that's the reason why Pulev is the underdog here otherwise he would be definitely prized as the favorite. I don't know if it's really a factor here as Epic sports won the purse bid. I doubt Pulev should be the favorite here, i don't know but he is quite inactive recently, his last fight was 18 months ago vs. oldie Kevin Johnson who isn't anyone you can take seriously as he is only running away, a very negative fighter in the ring as you could see vs Dubois this month who also went the distance. Pulev only fought one solid opponent since losing to Wladimir Klitschko in 2014 and that was Chisora two years ago where he edged a split decision over the Brit and it was more or less deserved but Hughie Fury is a completly different matchup. Hugie developed very well since the Parker loss. He is fast, moving a lot, has a good jab and of course has the height and reach as a big advantage. I think Pulev is a solid stylistic matchup for Fury as Hughie knows how to deal with a guy who probably only has the jab as his biggest weapon. Pulev is no slugger and no brawler, he is nobody who throws the right hand uncautious, he is a safety first boxer and i doubt that's enough as he won't have the speed to trouble Hughie. Odds are close i know and it might be correctly but i have the feeling Hughie will pull this out as he should ! be the guy who have all things on his side apart from the home factor.

Have to agree and great posts by the way! ;) 

I think Hughie is very underrated simply because he's the 2nd best Fury, but who knows how long that fact will remain.

Pulev is hard as nails, but he's slow and very much in the Abrahams style where he only starts boxing in the last minute to nick the rounds.

I think Hughie Fury is definitely the value bet. :ok 

Hughie Fury to beat Pulev @ 2.25 Paddys

Disappointing performance by Hughie Fury there, but perhaps awful style (like Lawrence Okolie) makes you underrate Pulev a bit - I don't rate boxers with that scrappy style, all that grabbing should be banned! :wall

I think the cut to Fury in the 2nd round had a massive effect on his game plan too, and he had to all out attack which isn't really his style.

Hey ho, that's boxing!

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Crolla vs. Daud Yordan

=> Daud Yordan wins by KO/TKO/DQ @ 6 William Hill stake: 2/10

This is gonna be a brutal war, both are warriors who will trade and exchange, Yordan is heavy handed and knocked out Malikov in Russia recently, a very strong performance. Crolla is declining imo, he took some heavy beatings from Linares. I think Yordan has a pretty good chance to stop Crolla here, it's not really realistic that he wins by decision so i took the KO/TKO/DQ bet with better odds.

Some action this weekend. Let's hope for some plus in the end, many underdogs this time. Fights will be in the next two days.

I won't give long analysis as i doubt many of you know these guys. 

Roberto Arriaza to win by KO/TKO/DQ @ 13 William Hill 1/10

I doubt Arriaza has a chance to win on the cards as it's a Top Rank event and his opponent Kavaliauskas is a big draw at Welterweight for Top Rank so i can't see the Nicaraguan getting a fair decision here even if he can make the fight close. Arriaza has the power to knock Kavaliauskas out, i think he is pretty heavy-handed and a dangerous opponent here.

Maurice Hooker @ 2.55 Pinnacle 3/10

If Hooker can deal with the pressure and heat Saucedo will bring to the fight i am pretty sure he should beat him as Hooker is the better boxer, should have a reach advantage and knows how to move out and let his jab go. He did well vs. Flanagan in the UK and deserved the title there, today he has to defend it and it might be a coin toss on the paper, can't see Saucedo being a clear favorite here. 

Samuel Teah @ 2.90 5dimes 3/10

I do not rate Kenneth Sims Jr. at all, i doubt he is much better than Montana Love although both met and a draw was the result i think Love deserved the win and Teah also had a very close fight with Love. This looks like an even matchup and Teah is fighting at home in Philly so why not picking him?

Bogdan Dinu @ 12 5dimes 3/10

I wasn't impressed by Millers win over Adamek recently. Adamek is old, slow and shot to pieces + he is a small Heavyweight. Can't say it was a good win for Miller to be honest picking such an opponent after 20 fights. Watched the weigh in and Miller came in heavy as usual at 315 lb and i think this might be a point here as Dinu brings size, speed and power into the ring. Although Dinu only fought some bums over the years he still passes the eye test and looks pretty good. This might(!) be the hardest test for Miller so far and he already had some minor problems with Duhaupas and Wach two slow old robotics with good chin. If Dinu has a good chin (we don't know) and moves he can win this for sure. I mean it is a good sign that he came in light and with the lowest weight since 2011 i think. I already backed worse underdogs at lower prizes and i can smell some kind of an upset here.

So two of the three bets this night already cashed. Really good start to the weekend after losing the last two bets here on Hughie Fury and the british guy.

Teah won via UD vs. Sims Jr.

And Hooker recovered from a knockdown in the second round to take out Saucedo in the seventh. Very very good fight and very good performance by Hooker who was jabbing Saucedos head off. 

Arriaza lost via KO but it was a stange one. Arriaza took a knee and getting hit while taking a knee, normally this is a clear Disqualification but as i said Kavaliauskas had the whole event behind him.

Edited by opole

Fanlong Meng @ 3.05 5dimes 6/10

Odds will drop i think, Buglioni massively overrated here due to having more experience at pro level and a better resume but i do not rate him at all, he is a solid domestic level fighter with one or two good wins overall but every time he stepped up the level of opposition he was blasted out. Callum Johnson beat him in the first round, Fedor Chudinov beat him in the UK on points and 40 years old Siarhei Khamitski stopped him too. Lee Markham (who lost to under domestic level fighters like Joe Mullender, Luke Blackledge or Jahmaine Smyle) was able to get a Split draw vs. Buglioni. 

Meng is a tricky southpaw with a very good amateur background. He is a former Olympian who lost a razor close decision to Yamaguchi Falcao at the 2012 London Olympics. Meng has decent power too. I fully expect to see Meng having his breakthrough fight here and exposing Buglioni as what he is: Average domestic level. I don't know if Meng has world level but he should deal with sort of fighters like Buglioni is, an one-dimensional slugger who likes to bang in the ring but having a fragile chin / body. Furthermore Buglioni has almost no experience vs. southpaw opponents, could be crucial. Odds are simply wrong.

Michael Hunter vs. Alexander Ustinov

Under 9.5 rounds @ 3.85 5dimes 2/10

Odds are looking juicy enough to take. Ustinov is old and shot, he slowed down massively over the last few years and looked horrible vs. Charr in his last fight. Charr who is slow too and has no boxing skills at all was outboxing Ustinov for 12 rounds and Charr was also able to drop the much taller Ustinov there in the eighth round. Hunter is one or two or even three classes above Charr, i think Hunter is a real contender. I wrote a long posting about Hunter above as the first one of the topic, so you can re-read it if you are interested. I think most likely Hunter will win via a wide decision but i can imagine he will stop Ustinov with his work rate and speed. Odds are good enough to take.

Meng won via TKO in the fifth round. Clearly as i wrote he was the better man out there, Buglioni is domestic level and can't take big shots, a bad mixture.

Hunter won also via TKO but in the ninth round and too late to win Under 9,5 as it was over the half of the round so it is a loss. A bit unlucky but i should have bet on Hunter wins via stoppage not on the O/U...

still a good evening !!

10 minutes ago, opole said:

Meng won via TKO in the fifth round. Clearly as i wrote he was the better man out there, Buglioni is domestic level and can't take big shots, a bad mixture.

Hunter won also via TKO but in the ninth round and too late to win Under 9,5 as it was over the half of the round so it is a loss. A bit unlucky but i should have bet on Hunter wins via stoppage not on the O/U...

still a good evening !!

I have no idea about boxing but I followed your tips here because you are so good on the tennis tips. I was lucky that I could only get Hunter v Ustinov to go the distance yes/no as an option instead of under 9 rounds. It was 5/4 for it not to go the distance and I won on that. Thanks for this and of course the Meng tip which was amazing! 

1 minute ago, Stevecw said:

I have no idea about boxing but I followed your tips here because you are so good on the tennis tips. I was lucky that I could only get Hunter v Ustinov to go the distance yes/no as an option instead of under 9 rounds. It was 5/4 for it not to go the distance and I won on that. Thanks for this and of course the Meng tip which was amazing! 

Glad you won something here, i don't know what was wrong with me to take the O/U instead of your bet or the Hunter by stoppage bet. Absolutely idiotic move by me to take that but learned something for the future hahaha...

Next weekend could be huuuge in terms of boxing. Two BIG cards with tons of good matchups, let's see...

Stats so far for the year:

Total bets: 11

Won: 4
Void: 0
Lost: 7

Staked: 34 Units
Back: 46.4 Units
Balance: +12.4 Units
Yield: 36.5%

Wilder v Fury (December 1st)

It's a tough one to judge with so many variables in play. Is Fury anywhere near his best after a long lay off and knocking over a couple of numpties? :unsure Would his best be good enough to beat Wilder anyway?

Fury did beat Klitschko as we all know, but Klitschko never really let his shots go and seemed to be trying to work out how to get around Fury's jab and general style of fighting. He can box, but he's nowhere near the likes of Lennox Lewis, nor is Wilder or Joshua for that matter, who are pure power.

Wilder hasn't really fought anyone either in my opinion. The highest ranked being Ortiz, who very nearly knocked him clean out and I still don't know how he didn't. However, you have to praise Wilder for getting through that barrage as well, that took guts, but also showed how vulnerable he is to a big punch.

Fury's chin isn't the best either and he doesn't really have knockout power that the likes of Wilder and Joshua have, so he can only be winning this on points if he does at all.

Wilder has only taken this fight because he sees it's Fury at 50% of what he was, and that he should be able to take care of him, while adding a real name to his list of wins.

Will it backfire on him? Possibly, but I just think Fury will get knocked unconscious with one of Wilder's wild lunges at some point, and he rarely let's anyone off the hook.

Wilder to beat Fury by KO/TKO/DQ @ 5/4 (2.25) Betway

Tyson Fury @ 2.55 5dimes 10/10

Wilder is a bum. He can't box, he has an awful movement but he obviously has power as he won 39 of his 40 fights by stoppage. Still, this is the second real test he has faced or better say will face. The first one was Luis Ortiz back in March and Ortiz was outboxing Wilder and countering his head off, almost took him out at the end of the seventh round but Wilder got some extra time at the beginning of the eighth, recovered and took old man Ortiz out in the 10th round. But this time it will be different. For me Tyson Fury is the clear favorite here and he should win 9 out of 10 fights vs. a guy like Wilder who will be completly confused by switchhitter Fury and his permanent jab. I expect a similar fight compared to the Wlad fight three years ago where Fury was completly dominating. Everyone is saying Fury will get knocked out, i can't see that, Wlad who is a 1000x better boxer than Wilder and has enormous power too was not able to land clean on Tyson Fury. Fury is so damn hard to hit clean as he has his long arms, going for the "hug" everytime the distance is not in his favor. Another thing is: Wilder has nothing to offer apart his right hand. Fury knows that, he can look for that the whole night and he will do, he is too smart and he knows how to avoid getting hit as i wrote before. If Fury is only at 60-70% he will win the fight easily in my opinion. For me one of the biggest gifts in boxing history if it comes to betting odds. I could probably write a book about the fight. For me it's clear: Tyson Fury will definitely come out on top here.10/10!

Edited by opole

@opole Wilder couldn’t box his way out of a paper bag, we’re agreed on that but you’re missing some key facts too.

Fury beat an old Klitschko and grabbed his way to victory. That’s nearly 4 years ago.

Fury has badly abused his body with cocaine galore and put on around 60kg in weight in that time.

Fury has a very inexperienced team behind him this time, which shouldn’t be underestimated.

Most importantly, Fury’s legs are gone. He had great movement at his peak, but look at his last 2 fights - he couldn’t run from Mr Blobby.

Wilder will land a big one and Fury won’t have the chin to take it or the legs to get away.

However, if Fury does produce a vintage performance from nowhere, he’ll win on points only so you may as well take the bigger odds.

Should be an interesting fight either way and good luck with your bet. :ok 

22 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

@opole Wilder couldn’t box his way out of a paper bag, we’re agreed on that but you’re missing some key facts too.

Fury beat an old Klitschko and grabbed his way to victory. That’s nearly 4 years ago. (1)

Fury has badly abused his body with cocaine galore and put on around 60kg in weight in that time. (2)

Fury has a very inexperienced team behind him this time, which shouldn’t be underestimated. (3)

Most importantly, Fury’s legs are gone. He had great movement at his peak, but look at his last 2 fights - he couldn’t run from Mr Blobby. (4)

Wilder will land a big one and Fury won’t have the chin to take it or the legs to get away. (5)

However, if Fury does produce a vintage performance from nowhere, he’ll win on points only so you may as well take the bigger odds. (6)

Should be an interesting fight either way and good luck with your bet. :ok

First of your i wish you also good luck, i hope the better man wins in the end and i will give you and Wilder full credif if he will KO Fury next week.

But on some points we disagree. I made some numbers at your points to respond in a clear way to your arguments.

(1) Fury didn't grab his way to win imo, he was jabbing his way to win. His jab was winning him the fight and i am pretty sure his jab will win him the fight next week to as Wilder can't deal with guys who are jabbing his head off. Wilder will be confused as hell to deal with a left and a right jab throughout the fight as Fury will switch stance for sure as he does every time.

Futhermore you wrote Wlad was old. Yeah he was probably not in his prime there BUT he was definitely more in his prime than he was vs. Joshua and let's be clear here: Fury beat Wlad in a much easier fashion than AJ did last year. AJ was trying the same with jab and hug but it didn't work out as AJs jab isn't as good as Furys and AJ hasn't the size compared to Fury to fight in the same way.

So an older Wlad give Joshua a hell of a fight, was probably the hardest fight AJ has ever faced so far.

Furys performance vs. Wlad as a masterclass boxing lesson. 

(2) Fury had almost a full ONE YEAR training camp for the Wilder fight. He lost all the weight, he looked in good shape recently on some training video footage and i doubt it's a factor right now.

(3) No, i don't think so. He has a very good and experienced team behind with all the guys from the Fury clan although they are not in the first line yet + Ben Davison who is a good coach and recently they added Freddie Roach. Fury had very good sparring partners and had a strong prep / training camp at Big Bear i think. Of course we'll see next week how good the camp was but it looked good.

(4) Furys legs obviously are a factor as his movement was one of his biggest strengths but let's be clear here: Who has he faced recently? Fury is always as good as his opponent. Rewatch his early fights, he wasn't looking good there too, nobody would have thought he is a future undisputed HW champion. I doubt he lost much of his slick movement from the Wlad fight. The Wlad fight was three years ago next week (28/11/2015) and Fury is still young, he will come in at a solid weight and the words you used "His legs are gone" are too harsh imo. Legs are always as good as the work you put in. Cocaine or alcohol abuse won't kill your movement. Either you have a slick movement or not, of course you are moving better with 250-260 lb than with 350 or 400. But Fury will come in around 255-260 i think and this is a good weight for him. You can't say his last two fights were bad, he was winning all rounds there and he was probably toying with his opponents for 90% of the time there, trying some things out and losing ring rust. You will see a completly different Tyson Fury next week.

(5) Furys chin is probably not the best but it's not as bad as it is made from the boxing community. Fury was dropped twice in his caareer both time by big overhand right hands if i remember correctly and both punches landing clean on the temple. Everyone would go down after those kind of shots. But let's be clear: He recovered very wellt here and absolutely destroyed both Cunningham and Pajkic. Can happen and it was five/seven years ago. Fury was an arrogant brat there and was fighting with no guard, he completly changed his boxing style afterwards and was putting more effort in his defense. I mean it makes no sense to question Furys chin as i do not question Wilders chin who was knocked out badly in the amateurs and also dropped by names like Sconiers or Nichols lmao. Wilders chin is probably nearly good as Fury, pretty much identical.

(6) I don't think Furys chances to win via stoppage are that small. I can not accept that Fury is claimed to be featherfisted. Fury isn't not. Fury has decent power and he is so big, i mean Wilder never faced a guy that was bigger than him and now it's the time and a good friend of mine were at the press conferences in the US and Wilder looked so tiny compared to Fury in general, not only the size difference, Fury is bigger overall and i think Wilder will have some problems with that. Wilder is athletic but he is very thin and his legs are thin too. We'll see how he deals with Fury bullying him the whole night.

Furthermore i think everyone is missing a very important point. Wilders power is overrated. I will explain this as some might think i am crazy as he has a almost perfect KO ratio but i will do it.

1. Wilder has only faced a couple of serious opponents, his best win is Ortiz by far and that was a very good win but 39yo Ortiz was suviving for 10 rounds, eat many many clean right hands, was dropped once early and recovered and almost took Wilder out. Wilder was hitting Ortiz with everything, clean right hands, windmills, rabbit punches and Ortiz wasn't even knocked out badly like glass chin Szpilka for example. Wilders power is definitely good and he is one of the biggest punchers but he has no superhuman power or something. If slow and old average guys like Duhaupas or Stiverne almost survive for 12 rounds or even glass chin Szpilka sees the ninth round i don't know why Fury should not be able to survive. Arreola pretty much walked through everything Wilder threw at him for eight rounds before pulling out with an inury and was barely dropped. Eric Molina survived nine rounds while being KOd in 1 by Arreola and in 3 by Joshua. Duhaupas as mentioned took literrally over 500 flush shots to the head by Wilder without getting dropped. Duhaupas was knocked out in six by Povetkin in a much more brutal fashion. Wilder destroyed some glass chin like Szpilka, Liakhovich or Stiverne 2 but overall i think his power is massively overrated because of that. Overall i think Fury can take the power, he took Wlads shots well and Wlad landed a couple of good shots there no question about that.

2. Wilder will have to hit in a complete different angle as he was fighting smaller opponents before he will now have to throw and land on a bigger man and it will take some power away, it's basic physics. Try to hit from the top to the bottom and the opposite. You will generate more power hitting to a lower target than a higher one. I mean Fury is almost 20cms bigger than Ortiz who was listed taller than he is really (listed as 1.93m but is 1.89m compared to Furys 2.07m).

As i wrote imo it's the biggest gift i have seen in terms of odds. Fury should be prized around 1.3 or even 1.4 here. He will school Wilder badly from the first round. I can see a shutout here to be honest with Fury winning all 12 rounds comfortably. Wilder has nothing to offer than his power and even the power is questionable as he has to hit the biggest man he has ever faced who is very hard to land on clean. 

I thought about the matchup for months now and i am PRETTY PRETTY confident Wilder gonna lose his 0 here. It will happen. 

Jeff Horn wins by KO/TKO/DQ @ 2.05 Bet365 3/10

1) Mundine is shot to pieces in my opinion, i watched his last three fights and he looked old and slow.

2) He only fought three times in three years. Not a good sign being inactive like that at age 43.

3) Mundine has a glass jaw. Tommy Browne rocked him big in the first round but Mundine was able to recover well and knocked Browne out in the second round.

4) Horn has to step back with a strong win here after getting dominated and destroyed by Bud Crawford recently. I think he will be very motivated especially as Mundine was talking some trash as usual.

Luis Ortiz vs. Travis Kauffman Under 7.5 rounds @ 1.65

Joe Joyce vs. Joe Hanks Under Under 7.5 rounds @ 1.32

=> @ 2.18 5dimes 10/10

Should be a walk in the park for both Joyce and Ortiz.

Ruiz Jr. stopped Hanks in four rounds and Ruiz is featherfisted compared to Joyce.

Ortiz should be able to stop Kaufmann early, i expect another clear win for King Kong, probably in the first or second round. 

Very solid bet.

On 27.11.2018 at 12:35 AM, opole said:

Jeff Horn wins by KO/TKO/DQ @ 2.05 Bet365 3/10

1) Mundine is shot to pieces in my opinion, i watched his last three fights and he looked old and slow.

2) He only fought three times in three years. Not a good sign being inactive like that at age 43.

3) Mundine has a glass jaw. Tommy Browne rocked him big in the first round but Mundine was able to recover well and knocked Browne out in the second round.

4) Horn has to step back with a strong win here after getting dominated and destroyed by Bud Crawford recently. I think he will be very motivated especially as Mundine was talking some trash as usual.

This was actually much easier than i thought

Horn absolutely destroyed Mundine

KO in the FIRST round. 

Martin Joseph Ward wins by KO/TKO/DQ @ 7 Ladbrokes 2/10

Definitely worth a shot at these odds. Ward has some pop in his hands, he isn't the big puncher but he can bang and i think he will easily outbox Boschiero today who is simply too old and faded big in the last couple of years, it's a 12 rounder so Boschiero might be a bit tired in the later rounds and i can imagine Ward takes advantage of that and could probably stop Boschiero late. Another thing is, i can also imagine Ward going for the KO in the mid / late rounds as everyone knows the judges might be a bit biased here and giving Boschiero some close rounds so going for the knockout could be smart. I mean Boschiero hasn't big power so Ward do not have to fear getting lucky punched or something.

2 hours ago, opole said:

Martin Joseph Ward wins by KO/TKO/DQ @ 7 Ladbrokes 2/10

Definitely worth a shot at these odds. Ward has some pop in his hands, he isn't the big puncher but he can bang and i think he will easily outbox Boschiero today who is simply too old and faded big in the last couple of years, it's a 12 rounder so Boschiero might be a bit tired in the later rounds and i can imagine Ward takes advantage of that and could probably stop Boschiero late. Another thing is, i can also imagine Ward going for the KO in the mid / late rounds as everyone knows the judges might be a bit biased here and giving Boschiero some close rounds so going for the knockout could be smart. I mean Boschiero hasn't big power so Ward do not have to fear getting lucky punched or something.

What happens if Ward wins by DQ at Paddypower? They only have players to win by KO/TKO. Do you know anything about their rules @opole?

11 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Fury won that despite 2 knockdowns. How he got up from the 2nd knockdown was beyond belief. I just didn't think Fury could get in that condition after what he put his body through, but fair play to his camp, he was in good shape.

A draw is a total farce, Fury won that.

Very solid and fair resume, i fully agree here. 

I had Fury winning with 10-2 rounds, arguably it was something like 9-3 or even 8-4 but Fury won despite being knocked down twice.

Fury boxed his head off and toyed with him most of the time. Fury was in great shape and i have absolutely no idea how he survived the second knockdown but it showed what i always knew: Tyson Fury is the best Heavyweight out there. There is nobody gonna beat the man. I mean let's face the truth...he was probably at 60-70% of his prime version yesterday. He was good, he was really good but he could be even better. Give him another couple of months, a good training camp and maybe one or two fights vs. softer opposition (not quite the soft opposition like Seferi or Pianeta lmao) and he will rule the division again and take all the belts. A stiff roboter like Joshua won't get the job done and Wilder in a rematch won't do it too as Fury will be in even better shape there. Wilder looked more gassed in the end than Fury lol...

Rewatch the last round. What the hell did Fury after getting knocked down? He dominated the rest of the round and was trying to brawl and landed heavy shots on Wilder...unreal stuff

We can look forward to 2019. The HW Division is living!!!! Usyk moving up, Fury back, Wilder exposed as a guy who can be defeated (arguably was beaten last night) and another couple names on the radar like Whyte, Chisora, Ortiz, Parker + really good prospects like Hunter, Joyce and all the other guys....2019 will be a burner. IF they are making good fights. Let the best fight each other.

Edited by opole